Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleveland (12-26) at Golden State (15-22)
10:30 p.m ET

nba.com Preview

The Cavaliers face the Warriors, in an unpredictable game. Much like the Blazers, you never know which Warrior team might show up. If the Warriors show up in full force, the Cavs will be in trouble because there is plenty of talent on Golden State's rooster.

Things I would like to see tonight:
  1. Silas reward the younger players by giving them more time tonight, in light of them winning the game against Seattle.
  2. Building off last game's protection of the ball because turnovers, besides perimeter shooting is the team's worst weakness.
  3. Wagner to have a good shooting game, which is overdue (his defense looks better than ever, he does other little things too, now the last thing needed is the points).
  4. Miles to continue being the "X-Factor" and hustle hard to give LeBron some help.
  5. A strong 4th quarter because the Cavs are the position to win games but lose them in the end (often after leading the whole game).
    [/list=1]

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
LeBron made a 3 :) He was wide open and got his feet set nicely.

I predicted last week that he would make one against Boston, and if not then, against LA. I was wrong, but he made one tonight.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Halftime

Cavs - 55

Warriors - 60

--------

High Men

Cavs - James/Williams (14)

Warriors - Robinson (14)

--------

The greatest problem thus far seems Eric Dampier. He has 12 points and has been drawing fouls left and right on the Cavs' big men. Despite the Warriors being shorthanded for tonight's game, they are playing with courage.

James is struggling with his shot but is doing everything else well. Luckily, Williams is stepping up and Wagner/Miles are chipping in.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
There've been great dunks by LeBron in this game.

One he drove the ball to the hoop with his left hand in transition, and threw it down with the left.

The other was a huge double-pump two-handed dunk... his first step has looked great in this game.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
The Cavs' defense has been awful in this game. They made a lot of dumb mistakes, both on offense and defense. Whenever they did something good, they turned around and made a mistake immediately afterward.

It always seems like opposing players have some of their best games against the Cavs. In this case, they let Cliff Robinson shoot 7/8 from 3-point range. The whole Warriors team lit it up in the 4th quarter and the Cavaliers weren't able to react.

The Warriors overall shot 10/13 from 3 and 52% from the field overall. They scored a lot because of the Cavs not getting back on defense.

They ended up getting outrebounded, too. That shouldn't have happened.

Although Ilgauskas is credited with 5 blocks, he got burned a lot on defense, being too slow.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Final Boxscore

There were several disappointing moments in the game but it's growing pains. Those little runs to reduce to lead were negated by great shooting from the Warriors and mental mistakes.

In this loss, maybe I should look for positive things to say. Well, this is the second game in a row where Darius Miles has played well and it shows he's not worthless or nearly as bad as people proclaimed him to be (saying he was virtually nothing).

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
we scored 63 points against Rockets. we scored 119 points against Cavs.
all cavs are playing the stats, stats, stats and "Garbage" defense.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Or you could argue all the Rockets play is slow down slow down slow down?

What the hell happened in that 4th quarter? I check the score and all of a sudden GS has 40 points in the 4th. The duece?

I'm not sure what to think about Miles good play. Are they just showcasing him for a trade? Or is this a meaningfull step in his development?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Miles looked good in a natural way and not so much an artifical way of showing off. Lately, Miles has shown he can hit a 15 foot jump shot when left open. Meaning he isn't just about hops and fancy ballhandling (a skill non-Cavs watchers forget he has). I hope these recent bright spots in his game is not a fluke but a trend.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Miles used to be a wonderful player to have around. I watched maybe 40 of his games with the Clippers and he was one of the main playmakers on those teams. I could honestly say that he could run the break better than most of the players in this league. I'm not sure what happened, but he probably still has the ability.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
We knocked them down easily without Van Exel. Something is really wrong with Cavs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts