Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center>Washington (15-33) at Cleveland (19-31)
4:30 pm PT, 7:30 pm ET

vs.
</center>

The Wizards are coming off a win and the Cavaliers are coming off 2 straight loses. While the Cavaliers beat the Wizards last time, recent events have the teams going in different directions. Stackhouse and Arenas have come back and played a solid game since returning, which means the duo is back and the Cavaliers have to worry about extra Wizard firepower. Cleveland competed well in both their loses but if they lose tonight, it could get the team slightly rattled. Therefore, losing cannot be an option tonight. Cleveland plays better at home than on the road and Silas better send the team out with fury and zeal. Back-to-back games are brutal, leaving teams at risk of playing uninspired, sluggish ball. I hope being home will recharge the team’s spirit a bit.

<center>Preview

Major storyline

Darth Kwame vs. Booze

Kwame: With solid and consistent play as of late, expect Kwame to be a major player tonight!

Carlos: Mr. Consistent for this young Cavalier team, Carlos has a challenge to rise to tonight!

Projected starters:

Key Reserves:

</center>

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Can't have any more 3 game losing streaks if they want to go to the playoffs this year. Must win situation again. They need to win this, and against boston on monday to get some momentum going into the all-star break.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Wiz fans feel very confident about this game. They feel that now that they are back to full strength, they will run all over us. I disagree for a couple reasons. #1- we are at home
#2- the game is NOT on national tv #3- Arenas and Stackhouse are not in full game form yet. They could still be a bit sluggish.

I think LeBron, Z and Dajuan have good games, and McInnis and Eric can slow down Gilbert and Jerry... I hope.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Stack and Arenas aren't really rusty, Stack might be since it's his first back to back, but they both scored over 20 points last night. Even if both are off, Kwame and Larry Hughes can carry the scoring load.

It will be crazy close though, although one team might just come out flat.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Halftime

Cavs - 48
Wizards - 45

Leaders
Cavs
James (10 points)
James (4 assists)
Boozer & Ilgauskas (5 rebounds)

Wizards
Stackhouse (11 points)
Stackhouse (3 assists)
Haywood (8 rebounds)

----

The Cavaliers shot very well in the 1st quarter but cooled off a bit in the 2nd. The Wizards are hanging around and the Cavaliers should try and step it up. Arenas has been very deadly off the drive and Stackhouse has been doing some sneaky fakes with the ball. On Cleveland's side, Big Z is being aggressive and blockings shots, while Boozer is hustling.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I personally have no clue what is going on exactly, because I think you guys should be up double digits right now. Cavs should really try to go for the kill to open up the half, as I can't really picture the Wiz playing that mediocre for the whole game (especially on defense).

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
When Hughes left the game, I thought it was all over, but then Kwame and Gilbert and Jerry were all knocking down shots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts