Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously Butlers numbers will be lower this year with the additions of Odom, Skip, and Wade. He was also injured for most of the season with Arthroscopic surgery on his knee. But he's playing well now with games of 14 7 4 against Houston, and 17 5 2 against New York.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the random thoughts on C.Butler.

He would be a nice player for the Bulls to try to trade for, it would probably take Crawford and I would do it if I were in charge.

The key to NBA trades is getting players when the have lower trade value the talent. A lot of times this is because of injuries or off the court problems. If you wait to see if he regains the same form of last year the Heat won't want to trade him then.

Butler vs. Crawford at SG....

Look at it this way can Crawford guard Butler? Nope. Can Butler guard Crawford? Yep, most of the time.

I think a Hinrich/Butler backcourt is way better defensively and at least as good on offense if not better.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Butler has really slowed down after the surgery he had. You wouldn't trade for him until you're certain that he has fully recovered, and can play at the level he did in his first season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts