Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

UMass87, we did this already - only two weeks ago:

The only thing Dillard is better at is being slower and shooting free throws.

UMass87 - Chaz fouled out while trying to guard Kevin Dillard.

Dayton 76, UMass 43 (Yahoo! Box Score - February 25, 2012)

Code:
[b]                MP   FG    FT    Reb  Ast  TO   PF  Points

Chaz Williams   27  2-12   5-6    2    3    2    [color=red]5[/color]    11    

Kevin Dillard   29  3-8    [color=red]8-10[/color]   4    7    1    3    14[/b]

It's time for you to move on.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Dillard's not first??? Guy's an idiot.
No one is saying Dillard should be number one but to put him 4 spots ahead of a freshman that has yet to play one game of college ball tells me all I need to know about this list.

One would be hard pressed to find 25 better PG in the country over Dillard. Over half these freshmen making this list will be worthless this season. I'll take a junior Williams and a senior Dillard over a lot of these players

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
598 Posts
Umass87, you guys are just as in love with your guy. Quit projecting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of preseason lists and ready for the season to start.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one is saying Dillard should be number one but to put him 4 spots ahead of a freshman that has yet to play one game of college ball tells me all I need to know about this list.

One would be hard pressed to find 25 better PG in the country over Dillard. Over half these freshmen making this list will be worthless this season. I'll take a junior Williams and a senior Dillard over a lot of these players

And yet you make that decision based on NEVER having seen these freshmen? Would you take Kavs over Nerlens Noel? He hasn't played a minute of college ball either?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I agree completely about Duren. I sort of agree about freshmen but putting Christon at 42 seems ok to me. I find putting Rotnei Clarke at 20 (he was a shooting guard for three years at Arkansas IIRC) more of a head scratcher than Christon at 42. Most important, though, is the ludicrously low ranking of Kevin Dillard who is at lest top 10 if not top 5.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
Chaz at 25? Pfft.... This list certainly is a joke.

Also, I agree about Rotnei Clarke at 20. That's a joke. He's a shooting guard, not a point guard. I must also add that Butler is being grossly overrated right now. They are not in VCU's tier, or even close. I can see why VCU is a league favorite, they ended last season with a final minute loss against the team most agree is #1 in the country. Butler on the other hand, finished with a loss in the CBI tournament semi-final against a mediocre PITT team. I'm sorry, but if we really consider a team that finished 4th in the HORIZON LEAGUE to be an A-10 contender, then the A-10 isn't anywhere near as good as we all think it is...

And UMass87, I like what ya did there at the end of your post ;)^^^. Keep it coming.. haha

·
Registered
341 Posts
CBS Sports putting out a list of the top 50 point guards is just another list that comes out this time of year that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Athlon Sports College Basketball Magazine has a section for superlatives such as post men, scorers, slashers, shooters and floor leaders. They list a top ten for each category. Chaz Williams was listed at #10 under floor leaders and Rotnei Clarke as the #1 shooter. Khalif Wyatt is #8 under scorers.

I agree with TheCobra that these lists are becoming tiring and I too am ready for the season to start. Let the talents of all these players prove out on the court.

Naturally, we all are for the players from the A-10 teams we cheer for, and rightfully so. I think Kevin Dillard should be rated higher but let him earn it from the opening tip as well!

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
And yet you make that decision based on NEVER having seen these freshmen? Would you take Kavs over Nerlens Noel? He hasn't played a minute of college ball either?
If you think Semaj is going to avg 13.3, 6.0, a 2.2/1 assist ratio and shoot 85% from the FT line, be my guest. I was hoping I wouldn't have to bring stats into this to prove my point but since you insist......

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you don't think Semaj is capable of those #'s? It's tough to bring stats because Semaj doesn't have any right now but he does come in at #3 PG and #32 overall in Muddie's esteemed Rivals ranking. He also comes into a team that doesn't have much returning scoring either. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he put up better than 13 ppg. His assist #'s will depend on whether others can finish though. Burrell led X in scoring his freshman year at 13 ppg so it's not like it never happens.

BTW, for all of Dillard's stats what did UD get? Another middle of the pack finish and NIT appearance.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
You missed my point. I don't have a problem with Semaj listed where he is. I do have a problem with him being listed 4 spots behind players like Dullard and Mitchell.

Do I think he can avg 13 ppg? Absolutely.....he will have to if X wants to win 13 games this year. I hope you remember that last dig at Dullard too when you guys gloat about Semaj numbers at the end of the season.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You missed my point. I don't have a problem with Semaj listed where he is. I do have a problem with him being listed 4 spots behind players like Dullard and Mitchell.

Do I think he can avg 13 ppg? Absolutely.....he will have to if X wants to win 13 games this year. I hope you remember that last dig at Dullard too when you guys gloat about Semaj numbers at the end of the season.
I don't gloat about individual #'s. I gloat about Championships and NCAA appearances and wins.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
As many as Dillard has so maybe they should both be at #42.
Well...we will revisit this when Semaj doesn't even land you a 9-7 record in A10 play this year which he should do based on this list and your standard of ranking Dillard.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts