Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

CBS Sportsline Ranks Nets No. 2

547 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  big furb
behind only the Spurs. Also says 1] Kidd and Carter deserve all-NBA, Kidd second team, Carter third, and 2] Frank should be coach of the month.

http://www.netsdaily.com
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
:banana:
Kidd & Carter totally deserve All-NBA recognition but there's so much competition now @ their positions. Billups, Bryant, Nash, Wade, Iverson, Parker, Arenas, Pierce, LeBron, Melo & it goes on. Props to Sportsline.
They aren't ranked #2 overall, but #2 for the Month of March.
Too many guards on the second team. Not enough forwards.
There's no way KG will be on the 1st Team. Nash & Brand need to replace KG & Wade. Brand is only on the 3rd team. Talk about underrated. His incredible season is worthy of All NBA 1st Team.
kweli109 said:
They aren't ranked #2 overall, but #2 for the Month of March.
What does that mean...all the power rankings are current.
NetIncome said:
behind only the Spurs. Also says 1] Kidd and Carter deserve all-NBA, Kidd second team, Carter third, and 2] Frank should be coach of the month.

http://www.netsdaily.com
That's what I think, too.
NetIncome said:
What does that mean...all the power rankings are current.

"The best and worst of March 2005:

Top five teams: 1. San Antonio Spurs; 2. New Jersey Nets; 3. Detroit Pistons; 4. Miami Heat; 5. (tie) Denver Nuggets/Cleveland Cavaliers. "

And the article is titled "March Edicts"

It's pretty simple, they rated the teams for the month of March, hence NJ 2nd.

"The Spurs opened the month with a huge win over Dallas, conquered Phoenix a pair of times, won two of three over their still-rival L.A. Lakers and ultimately sent the message that the NBA title still belongs to them. While not out of the water as far as the top seed in the West is concerned, they're clearly on firmer ground.

The Nets opened the month losing three of four but took a 10-game winning streak into Friday night's visit to Atlanta. Over the past two weeks, they've won in Washington and Detroit, while holding the Blazers, Lakers, Mavs, Wolves, Suns and Grizzlies to fewer than 90 points apiece in home wins.

Miami wound up with March's top overall mark (12-3) but still finishes behind the Pistons in my estimation for two reasons: 1. The Heat loaded up on lighter foes who they struggled to beat on multiple occasions, forced to rely heavily on fourth-quarter rallies; 2. The Pistons humbled the Heat 82-73 at the Palace on March 22. Detroit, incidentally, lost as many games in March (five) as they did from Nov. 2-Jan. 29. "

Notice how it talks about every team with regards to March and March only? The rankings are for March.

Then the article goes on to talk about player of the MONTH, coach of the MONTH, worst game of the MONTH, biggest developments looking forward to NEXT MONTH, best game of the MONTH, heroes of the MONTH, rookie of the MONTH, etc...

That's what I mean, it's for the MONTH of MARCH, not all year.

Now if you go to: http://www.sportsline.com/nba/powerrankings/ you will see the current OVERALL rankings, where the Nets are 6th, not just for the MONTH of MARCH.
See less See more
kweli109 said:
"The best and worst of March 2005:

Top five teams: 1. San Antonio Spurs; 2. New Jersey Nets; 3. Detroit Pistons; 4. Miami Heat; 5. (tie) Denver Nuggets/Cleveland Cavaliers. "

And the article is titled "March Edicts"

It's pretty simple, they rated the teams for the month of March, hence NJ 2nd.

"The Spurs opened the month with a huge win over Dallas, conquered Phoenix a pair of times, won two of three over their still-rival L.A. Lakers and ultimately sent the message that the NBA title still belongs to them. While not out of the water as far as the top seed in the West is concerned, they're clearly on firmer ground.

The Nets opened the month losing three of four but took a 10-game winning streak into Friday night's visit to Atlanta. Over the past two weeks, they've won in Washington and Detroit, while holding the Blazers, Lakers, Mavs, Wolves, Suns and Grizzlies to fewer than 90 points apiece in home wins.

Miami wound up with March's top overall mark (12-3) but still finishes behind the Pistons in my estimation for two reasons: 1. The Heat loaded up on lighter foes who they struggled to beat on multiple occasions, forced to rely heavily on fourth-quarter rallies; 2. The Pistons humbled the Heat 82-73 at the Palace on March 22. Detroit, incidentally, lost as many games in March (five) as they did from Nov. 2-Jan. 29. "

Notice how it talks about every team with regards to March and March only? The rankings are for March.

Then the article goes on to talk about player of the MONTH, coach of the MONTH, worst game of the MONTH, biggest developments looking forward to NEXT MONTH, best game of the MONTH, heroes of the MONTH, rookie of the MONTH, etc...

That's what I mean, it's for the MONTH of MARCH, not all year.

Now if you go to: http://www.sportsline.com/nba/powerrankings/ you will see the current OVERALL rankings, where the Nets are 6th, not just for the MONTH of MARCH.

Never mind...you dont understand the power rankings. Each of the power rankings are updated each week or month, depending on the month. They are not cumulative.

Oh why go on.
NetIncome said:
Never mind...you dont understand the power rankings. Each of the power rankings are updated each week or month, depending on the month. They are not cumulative.

Oh why go on.

For March the Nets are ranked 2. For the season they are ranked 6. That's what I'm saying, it's not a hard concept.
How is Raymond Felton not on his all-rookie team? How does he not even mention him for consideration for ROTM? And I'm gonna assume that his All-ABA teams are also based on how they've played for the month, because some of the places he has certain players is just crazy. It's nice that the net are being shown some love, I just wish it was from someone more credible
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.