·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of shooters on Butler's team.

Top 50 Shooters

ROTNEI CLARKE
6-0 | 184 | G | SR | BUTLER
Clarke is back at the top of this list after a one-year hiatus while he sat out after transferring from Arkansas. Made 44 percent of his 3's as a junior, 42 percent as a sophomore and 39 his freshman season. Has made 274 trifectas in his career, but this year it will be interesting to see if Clarke moving to point guard has an impact on his percentage and effectiveness from beyond the arc. No matter what, I'll put Clarke up against anyone in the nation when it comes to

LANGSTON GALLOWAY
6-2 | 200 | G | JR | SAINT JOSEPH'S
The Louisiana native made 39 percent of his 3's as a freshman, but then stepped it up last season and converted 90-of-193 for nearly 47 percent. He was fourth in the nation in three-point field goal percentage.

KELLEN DUNHAM
6-6 | 185 | SG | FR. | BUTLER
He and Clarke will be the best shooting duo in the nation. Clarke has already proven it while Dunham will show that he's one of the elite shooters fairly quickly. Dunham wasn't just able to hold his own with Clarke in shooting drills; he consistently came out on top. Now the only question is whether he can do that in game action.

BRAD REDFORD
6-1 | 182 | SG | SR | XAVIER
Made only 34 percent from beyond the arc last season, but needs to remain on the list. Made .465 percent as a freshman, .425 percent as a sophomore and then sat out the 2010-11 campaign with a torn ACL. Should get back to what he was this season with more playing time and a year to recover from the knee injury.

·
Registered
840 Posts
TROY DANIELS
6-4 | 200 | G | SR | VCU
Hadn't received extensive action until last year, when he made 94-of-247 3-pointers -- which was good for a 38 percent clip.

Not to discredit his obvious shooting ability, but to rank Dunham as the 9th best shooter in the country before he ever plays a second seems a little strong. Only freshman listed which is why I don't think its fair to put him in the same class as Clark or Galloway. According to ESPN Dunham is rated as the 13th best SG, Melvin Johnson from VCU is rated the 14th best and is no where close to being on this list.

Let's see how he does against HAVOC, SLU's knockdown dragout style or with CJ Aiken in his face.

Again I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I'd put GW's Nemanja Mikic in contention for that group. Shot 44% from deep as a frosh. Slid badly in the beginning of his 2nd year adjusting to Lonergan's system and expanded demands, but rallied to shoot 41% in the A-10 conference games (36% for the whole year). Has shed 15lb over the off-season.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I know Khalif didn't have a great shooting year, but I dont see any way he's not in the top 50. When healthy, Scootie Randall is too.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I know Khalif didn't have a great shooting year, but I dont see any way he's not in the top 50. When healthy, Scootie Randall is too.
Dude, Wyatt shot just under 38% last year for threes. You'll note that's where #48 was, so he wasn't exactly one of the best in the country. How are you going to react if Temple goes 15-18 in their first year in the Big East?

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The record is intact. JHG has cried about each and every preseason list that didn't properly respect the Owls. And there are LOTS of those lists. It's been a sad Autumn at Casa JHG.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jeff Goodman is a buffoon.

Puts Langston Galloway (who shot 46.6% from three) at #7 on his list but can't even find room in his top 50 for Ramon Galloway (44.2%). And even though he didn't have enough attempts to be included in the A10 rankings (28 for 52), D.J. Peterson made 48.1% from three. Sam Mills was no slouch either.

At least one of the La Salle guys should have been on this list.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TROY DANIELS
6-4 | 200 | G | SR | VCU
Hadn't received extensive action until last year, when he made 94-of-247 3-pointers -- which was good for a 38 percent clip.

Not to discredit his obvious shooting ability, but to rank Dunham as the 9th best shooter in the country before he ever plays a second seems a little strong. Only freshman listed which is why I don't think its fair to put him in the same class as Clark or Galloway. According to ESPN Dunham is rated as the 13th best SG, Melvin Johnson from VCU is rated the 14th best and is no where close to being on this list.

Let's see how he does against HAVOC, SLU's knockdown dragout style or with CJ Aiken in his face.

Again I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.

Sorry, I missed this one. I thought I found all of the A10 ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts