Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/279/sports/Medalist_out_to_prove_his_mettle+.shtml

The first one is about Wolkowyski, which doesn't convince me that much.

O'Brian

''I don't think he's really physical. That's not his game, He's not afraid to step into somebody, but he's not breaking anyone's bones out there.''
http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/view?contentId=695570

The second one is about Baker and Tony, how they are fighting for the Center spot.

Baker

"If Coach wants me to come off the bench that's what I'm going to have to do. This is an organization and a franchise that's about winning and championships, and I want to fit in and help this team win a championship. It's not about individual goals for me or anyone else. If we all play our roles we're all going to have fun and have success."
Battie

"I'm not looking to come off the bench, but whatever works best for the team I'm willing to accept that. Whatever I can do to help win, I'll do."
If you have any other links to topics post them here so its more organized and every week or two we'll make another topic about it

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Maybe the Celtics can make a new line-up. No point benching Battie or Baker when you can start them both. Maybe move one of them to SF? Most likely Baker, but I think Battie would make an awesome power forward...

Maybe this:
C - Baker
PF - Battie
SF - Walker
SG - Paul Pierce
PG - Delk?

This way they can use all three players effectively, IMO.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
thats a pretty good idea but defensively they would have problems who would walker cover what if they wer playing the magic with hill and tmac walker would have to cover hill and thats not good for the celtics

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats exactly the line up I wanna see, but then I also wanna see some help of the bench, but I also like OB's line up

C-Baker
PF-Walker
SF-EWill
SG-Pierce
PG-SWill

The reason I like this line up is because of the tought defense.

Now look at our bench

C-Battie
PF-Sundov/Wolkowski guy
SF-Brown/Waltah
SG-Brown
PG-Delk

Not bad IMO

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Hmm, as mediocre a player Battie is, I think he's good enough to start. Let's just wait and see what O'Brien decides to do.

I really think the Baker thing isn't such a good idea. We already have a pretty decent center in Battie... so Baker is getting 11+ million for being a bench player? o_0''' Gee, should have used some of that money and kept rodney rogers.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Just Some Questions

Will Baker addition be greater than subtractions?

Will the losses of Kenny Anderson and Rodney Rogers -- two key performers/role players from the Celtics' run to the Eastern Conference finals last season -- hurt the team?

How Jim O'Brien will make three shooters like Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker and Bakerco-exist on the floor at the same time?

Any answers?

Look at the article [here]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts