Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read an article on espn, and I realized that the Celtics could dominate the east right now, if they hadn't made some BIG mistakes:
2001: They drafted at #10 J.Johnson instead of R.Jefferson
2001: They decided to use the Denver-pick (#11), they'd better waited one year for the deepest draft of the last 5 years and took Wagner or Hilliaro.

Your Lineup would be like this:
C Battie
PF Walker
SF Jefferson
SG Pierce
PG Wagner
I think this team could win the east in 02/03 easy. In the Summer 03, when anderson's contrat ends, the Celtics could sign a strong center.
This team would dominate the east for years!
Now look at your roster you got now:
C Battie
PF Baker
SF Walker
SG Pierce
PG Delk

thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
OUCH! no one could have seen that as a possibility, in their defense the draft's depth wasn't fully realized till a few months before the draft... but thats gotta hurt.
is Walker gonna really move down to SF? i really don't see that working out and with the competitor that he is, i think he would hate it... but that would make VB a REALLY expensive back up... Delk cannot play the point IMHO... hes too much of a scorer w/ no exp as PG. All he's done is come off the bench and provide scoring boost in the teams he's been on.
i hope the Cs talked to Walker and the PF situation, i really wanted them to go into the Finals...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Baker can also play some center in the east, I think he did that also a lot back in his days in Milwaukee. But with Baker and Walker in the frontcourt, the Celtics are very weak defensivley. Neither Baker or walker is a very good defender or shot-blocker...
The PG-situation is also difficult. Delk isn't the solution, but still the best they have. Williams was just a filler in the trade. The Celtics don't have their exception, right? Otherwise they could sign Best, think he'd be perfect for Boston.

Too many if's to make it to the finals...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts