Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Celtics to re-sign forward Kevin Garnett to a three-year, $34 million deal, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Nice. Under 12 mil a year for KG isn't bad. I think he'll be decent during these 3 years. Not an allstar or anything, but I don't think the floor will just drop out from under his feet anytime soon.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Wow; didn't really see that coming. Definitely not for 3 years.

3 more years of KG hate I suppose.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
That's about 3 mil a year too much imo.
Probably, but it's not like they can't spare the cash.

Why isn't this on the celtics board too?

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
If this past season is any indication, it's a good move. He can still play.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
i think it's probably market but kind of wonder why he didnt settle for less so that he could give the Cs more lee-way to build a competitive team around him since he at least obstensibly is hanging on to go after another ring while his window quickly narrows

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Sham puts them at 48 million when you add this in. I think that includes Bass, who declined his option. So they still have room for more moves I guess. They just don't have much on the roster now. Stiemsma is restricted too, probably going to get something like 4 somewhere, maybe more. I did not know that Sean Williams was with Boston incidentally.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like they're moving on and gonna make a run at OJ Mayo

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Celtics still relevant w/ KG's extension, and they will go hard after O.J. Mayo in free agency. Herald's @SteveBHoop reported KG deal first.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
are they going to bring back Jesus?
Why not, they were only a game away from the finals last year, if sullinger pans out they could be rifht there again. Especially qith the bulls being in limbo right now.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
They had a shot against the Heat with Bosh missing half the series and Wade playing hurt/brain damaged. For a large part of the year that same team looked like they might finish 7th or 8th. Then you look at how they won games when they got hot. It was all of their guys hitting a ton of mid range jumpers. Bass in particular gave them a huge boost by hitting those shots and KG played out of his mind after he moved to center. It's hard to think that you can count on that going forward.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
You go from debating retirement to a three-year deal? He must've really liked their draft lol

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
And Danny Ainge does exactly what he said he would not do...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
If they bring back Avery Bradley and Jeff Green healthy to go with their draft picks, the improvement of Etwan Moore and Jajuan Johnson, along with Pierce, Rondo and KG, they should remain formidable. And there is no way in hell Stiesmsa is getting 4 million a year. I like the guy, but who needs him at that price?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts