Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The Celtics will always be the Green, but there may be a little black in the sartorial mix next season. The club confirmed yesterday it is considering an alternate uniform that will include black accents and a more updated look. In a quick check with historians yesterday, no one could remember there being a color other than green and white on the Celts' jerseys and shorts. If a change is made, it would be for a third uniform that, under league dictates, would need to be worn a minimum of six times (e.g. the Lakers wearing their whites on Sundays)." Boston Herald

"While league sources say the new uniform is pretty much on its way, Celtics executive VP for sales and marketing Rich Gotham said, ``We haven't committed to it yet. The league wants us to commit to it, but we've sort of reserved judgment on it. We looked at it last summer and punted on the decision. Now we're looking at it again." Boston Herald

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I would LOVE a uniform with black in it. I think the black warmups look awesome even if it's just black accents. We do need to modernize a little while keeping with tradition.

Reactions: Anima

·
Registered
352 Posts
That would be cool, would they be kinda like those ones they now have out with the black and the green clover on the front?

·
Registered
453 Posts
i think it will be a nice change to have a new alternate uniform to wear on occasions, especially with some black to it.. that would be nice.. but as long as we mainly stick the current old style ones. it sounds great.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
i dont wanna change...a classic never dies n ive always liked tha fact we tha only team that aint really changed unis...i want it 2 be da same

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
i dont wanna change...a classic never dies n ive always liked tha fact we tha only team that aint really changed unis...i want it 2 be da same

It's only for a few games each season. They have no intention of chaning from Green and White.

Black on Green = Marketing heaven.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm a traditionalist, so I prefer it to never change.

If they want to try something different, I say that is what pre-season is for.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
The club confirmed yesterday it is considering an alternate uniform that will include black accents and a more updated look.
New jerseys that will be used on special occasions like New Years, Easter, and Christmas. They are not getting rid of our current jerseys.

·
Registered
654 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
I'm in the minority, right with you on the this one. I love the Celtics jerseys and love them more because they have barely changed. I hate a lot of sports today because of all this stadium changing, name changing, moving, different jerseys. It's all about money, not keeping our good tradition around.

·
Registered
610 Posts
New jerseys i'm all in favor of..
I'm tired of trying to play some NBA 2K5 and other people pic some sweet alternate uni's on me and i'm oldschool "Boston" lol ... New jerseys for video games !! lol

PdP

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

i kinda liek it...i also already own it.....;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
i saw them. they slightly different shade of green due to diferent material. black boston in block letters and black side strips. black numbers with white outline if i remember correctl

1 - 20 of 23 Posts