C-Russel/Parrish
SG-Pierce
PG-Cousy
(whatever pos. Havilcek was)
I undoubtedly forgot some guys so just put em in

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
the laker team has more firepower top to bottom (i'd add hondo, jones, dj, cowens for boston, nixon, goodrich, wilkes, mcadoo for the lakers). la doesn't have a true pf, and boston has more toughness overall (not including the 3 headed monster in the middle for la). certainly an awesome matchup - not unlike the '80s matchups overall - la with more flash, boston with more toughness. again, i like the overall playmakers on la.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You forgot Bill Walton for the Celtics team.

Lakers would win hands down.

The Celtics do have Rusell and Bird but the Lakers have Magic, Kareem and Wilt.

I would also start Wilt over Worthy.

The Celtics have the best SF ever while the Lakers have the best PG ever.

So it basically comes down to this

Bird and Russell vs. Magic, Wilt, Kareem.

Got to go with the Lakers here

·
Registered
293 Posts
Lakers would win 4-2 in series.

·
Registered
813 Posts
How about a "prime" Pistol Pete to the Celtics?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the Celtics team could take the Lakers team. You all look at the Shaq - Wilt - Kareem center trio and think "wow they'd be unstoppable" but you have to remember, unless LA did some odd positioning only one of these guys could play at a time so is 16 minutes of Shaq, Wilt, and Kareem that much better than 48 minutes of any one of them?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mr. Vin Diesel</b>!
so is 16 minutes of Shaq, Wilt, and Kareem that much better than 48 minutes of any one of them?
In a way yes-they would always be fresh and not tired-and it would give the Celtics a lot of different looks to deal with. Shaq-power, Kareem-finesse, Wilt-Both. Lakers would trash the Celtics.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hunterb14</b>!

The Celtics have the best SF ever while the Lakers have the best PG ever.
ELGIN BAYLOR IS THE ONLY SMALL FOWARD who I'd rate ahead of BIRD. Look up his stats.

Had he not been slowed by two knee operations during his prime, he'd be know as the best ever.

As it it is he's "arguably the best mid-size (6'-5") player ever" and without question the BEST FOWARD EVER.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>I'm Just Saying</b>!

ELGIN BAYLOR IS THE ONLY SMALL FOWARD who I'd rate ahead of BIRD. Look up his stats.

Had he not been slowed by two knee operations during his prime, he'd be know as the best ever.

As it it is he's "arguably the best mid-size (6'-5") player ever" and without question the BEST FOWARD EVER.
I agree-not many people know about him because he played a long time ago and he never won a title...but he was really good. The Lakers all-time leading rebounder I think..

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>I'm Just Saying</b>!

Ok that is your opinion. I havent seen Elgin play so I cant rate him. IMO Bird was the best SF ever. You are entitled to your own opinion

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
i'd go with bird over elgin. it's close, but bird just had a feel for the game like few others. he did it all. he knew how to elevate his team.

·
Registered
450 Posts
since only one of the lakers centers can play at a time, celtics would beat them on the post, but the lakers would dominate them on the guard side, so i think it would be close but the lakers would beat them in 7.

·
Registered
225 Posts
In regard to Baylor, it's not just people who don't know the game who think Bird's better. Most experts would pick Bird as well. And statistics don't prove anything. If they did, Chamberlain would be considered by far and away the greatest player of all time. Yet Jordan almost unanimously gets the nod. In fact, a number of years back SI even ranked Chamberlain below Russell at center. Anyways I like the Celts in 6.

·
Registered
338 Posts
And then we have the the greatest coaches Phil and Red. who gets the edge here? I go with Phil and the triangle.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I think that the Lakers would win, they have way too much firepower. Wilt, Shaq and Kareem. You gotta be kidding me

Although Maravich did play for the Celtics it was very late in his career. I don't think you'd have wanted him on your team at that time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts