Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who say you need only to watch the last two minutes of an NBA game to get the story, we offer Sunday's 26-point Celtics deficit against Philadelphia. The C's got to see it again yesterday, burning it into their brains before a longer than usual practice in preparation for tonight's game in Washington.

The Celts will try to reverse a five losses in six games trend against the warm Wizards, and, according to Doc Rivers, they will not have Antoine Walker [news] (bruised left knee) to help them along. Walker underwent further treatment yesterday in a stated hope of returning for Saturday's game in New Jersey.

But then he got onto the club's late afternoon flight to D.C., so make of that what you will.

``It's pretty puffy,'' Rivers said of Walker's knee before the team took off.

``It's pretty big, so he definitely will not play (tonight). He's out (tonight) and probably Wednesday.''

The coach said Walker essentially failed the balance test to determine whether the leg could bear his weight.

Assuming he has no miraculous recovery, Rivers is still considering moving Kendrick Perkins [news] to the starting lineup and sending Mark Blount [news] back to the second team. That would give the Celts a post player and perimeter man in their two sets of bigs (Perkins and Raef LaFrentz, Al Jefferson and Blount).

Whoever opens must get the Celts off to a better start than against the 76ers.

``We watched the entire first quarter,'' Rivers said. ``I wanted them to see the difference of body language between them and us, and I think it was pretty clear. After that it looked equal. But the first quarter . . . you put yourself down like that you can't win. When you put yourself in a hole like that you have to play perfect basketball from that point on to have a chance.

``And this is not a game of perfect, and we are not perfect.''
http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=76579

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Yeah I read the paper this morning. The guy can't even stay balanced.

The good thing is, he IS flying to Washington, which was a no-no yesterday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts