Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mainly looked at this game from the perspective of the Wizards, but I had a couple observations about the Celts.

* I thought Shammond played ok, not great. I'd rate him as a very good backup PG, but probably a marginal starter. If you could get Anderson back, do it.

* Baker may have lost some weight, but he still looks like a slug. He's enough of a presence to make Battie better though.

* I get the impression, and maybe I'm wrong, that Pierce and Walker don't want to give Baker touches.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
I mainly looked at this game from the perspective of the Wizards, but I had a couple observations about the Celts.

* I thought Shammond played ok, not great. I'd rate him as a very good backup PG, but probably a marginal starter. If you could get Anderson back, do it.

* Baker may have lost some weight, but he still looks like a slug. He's enough of a presence to make Battie better though.

* I get the impression, and maybe I'm wrong, that Pierce and Walker don't want to give Baker touches.
1) I agree with the first thing. Shammond didn't play that good, but I think he is a LARGE improvement over Kenny.

2) I think he'll get into his game, I mean he just came over here, he has to learn a new defense and doesn't have any offensive plays set up for him.

3) In this game I had the same impression, but in the last game, Pierce and Walker tried everything they could to give him touches.
The only problem with that is that they gave him the ball when he was all alone and least expected it, they should give him the ball and let him work on his man.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
How is Shammond...

...any improvement over Kenny (who player very good basketball last season) at all? Shammond is decent, but a LARGE improvement over Anderson...I think not. :no:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: How is Shammond...

Originally posted by <b>TMOD</b>!
...any improvement over Kenny (who player very good basketball last season) at all? Shammond is decent, but a LARGE improvement over Anderson...I think not. :no:
Kenny never used to score, he used to pass the ball and get only 5 assist while being a Poing Guard, he should have done more, now in Seattle he is playing the worst basketball of his career. People praise Kenny too much, the only thing I liked about him is when he used to make those steals he made.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Anderson SUCKS, as Seattle has discovered. They are reportedly willing to eat most of his salary to get rid of him.

The C's got 30 points from the PG position last night. When is the last time that happened? And that does not begin to tell the story, since both Delk and Williams are far superior to Anderson defensively.

Highlight of the game: the great feed from Pierce to Battie for the reverse jam.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Looks like we won against the Mystics, and lost 4 out of 5 preseason games.

http://www.nba.com/games/20021025/WASBOS/recap.html

Interesting.

When Walker and Pierce play games like this, then who needs a Kenny?

http://www.nba.com/games/20021025/WASBOS/boxscore.html

Game 1-They had limited minutes

Walker 3 ast
Pierce 2 ast

Game 2-Still limited minutes

Walker 5
Pierce 1

Game 3-Limited minutes

Walker 2
Pierce 3

Game 4

Don't know