Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who's going to start as the C for Orlando next year?:confused:

By the way, people who haven't seen Yao Ming play before... don't expect too much from him in his rookie year. He got alot of center skills and a nice J, but he's really soft as hell... I can't imagine him guarding shaq.. the scene will be brutal, he'll get torn apart before realizing whats going on:eek: Anyway i think he'll be a great center tho if he puts on some weight over the next couple of years.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was thinking the same thing earlier today. ????

·
Registered
427 Posts
They better hope Hills healthy or they are really
going to struggle I think.They have almost no
frontline.

Jefferson/Martin/Mutombo
Big Dog/Shareef/Theo
Rose/Chandler/Curry
Butler/Grant/Zo
Williams/AW/Baker

These frontlines will slaughter Orlando as is right now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
last year that steven hunter impressed me when i saw him. he didn't really get that much playing time. and i don't expect him to do great things. but i think down the road he'll be a decent starter for a team and really help them out.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Olumide Oyedeji is going to be our starting center from what I have heard but since he is a newcommer I don't know too much about him to comment.

Steven Hunter is a player we have hoped can become a good NBA player but judging from his summer league stats he has been dissapointing, he has showed flashes of his potential sometimes so let's hope he can develop into a good player quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Patrick</b>!
Olumide Oyedeji is going to be our starting center from what I have heard but since he is a newcommer I don't know too much about him to comment.

Steven Hunter is a player we have hoped can become a good NBA player but judging from his summer league stats he has been dissapointing, he has showed flashes of his potential sometimes so let's hope he can develop into a good player quickly.
How can you judge Steven Hunter on his summer league stats? He only played in one or 2 games right at the start and then he got injured and never played again.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Hunter could be good in the future, but I don't think he is ready to contribute bigtime next year. He shouldn't be starting. He shouldn't have started last year.

He was drafted as a young, athletic project, then he was immediately thrown to the wolves. Orlando should have handled that a little better imo.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Malakian</b>!
Stephen Hunter looked lost when I saw him play last year. He didn't know any plays and he tripped over Pat Garrity.
Of course, he was just a teenager who had just previously played for Pat "I can recruit but what in the world is coaching" Kennedy. His not being aware is to be expected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts