Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chad didn’t actually make the picks, but instead compiled the votes of five successful but anonymous GM’s. Chad set it up so the GM’s could select the starters based on performance even if they can’t really start because they won’t garner enough votes.

EAST

Starters

Kidd
McGrady
Artest
O’Neal
Wallace

Reserves

Pierce
Davis
Iverson
Redd
Carter
James
Odom

Just Missed

Kmart
Boozer
Jefferson
Marbury
Billups

No mention of Ilgauskas. Not one true center on the roster. Then again, not one true center deserves to go.

WEST

Starters

Cassell
Peja (Ford says if Wallace can be a center, Peja can be a shooting guard)
Garnett
Duncan
O’Neal

Reserves
Bryant
Nash
Nowitzki
Brad Miller
Gasol
Randolph
Yao

Just Missed

Melo
Ray Allen
Finley
Payton
Bibby
Manu
Marion
Kirelenko
Brand
Dampier
Rashard

I hope AK47 and Melo can find their way on to this team. I could see the coaching voting for either over Pau or maybe Randolph. Yao has come on strong, so he’s probably a lock now. Francis will be in on fan votes, some somebody’s coming off this list.

ROOKIE CHALLENGE

Rookie All Stars

Starters

Wade
Hinrich
James
Anthony
Bosh

Reserves

Barbosa
TJ Ford
Raul Lopez
Bogans
Hayes
Howard
Kaman

Sophomore All Stars

Starters
Frank Williams
Manu
Tayshaun
Boozer
Yao

Reserves

Flip
Amare
Jiri Welsch
Drew Gooden
Okur
Nene

It sounds like Chad picked the Rookies and Sophs himself, without the help of the GM’s. Now I thought that there were only 8 players on each rookie/sophomore team, and if I’m right that’s a pretty big mistake on his part. Maybe they have expanded the roster this year.

The Rookie Challenge should be amazing this year. Kirk has wrapped up a starting spot, I think, and that’s no small task this year.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
So he has Lebron James on the All-Star team and the Rookie Game too?

And I don't think Nash deserves to go this season, but that's just me.

·
Registered
729 Posts
That rookie sophmore should be sick. And I am pretty sure just 8 from each get in.

Hinrich vs. Williams
Wade vs. Ginobili
James vs. Prince
Melo vs. Boozer
Bosh vs. Amare

Ford vs. Flip
Hayes vs. Okur
Kaman vs. Nene

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
during the raptors game, the toronto announcers were saying that the rookie all-star game has the potential to be more exciting than the ACTUAL all-star game!!

friday feb 13th 9pm TNT

official rosters announced jan. 27th

i think it is safe to say that the bulls will have an all-star this year. just not the one anybody expected.

(aside to DMD: your sig yesterday, which i noticed you've now changed, was hilarious!)

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(aside to DMD: your sig yesterday, which i noticed you've now changed, was hilarious!)
I don't remember if it was Superdave, or some other longtimer, but back last summer it was debatable whether Darko would be eligible for the draft due to his age. So someone had the sig "free Darko" back then, which then was changed to "Darko is free," I believe.

Well, he's not free anymore. Last I checked he was stuck in DNP purgatory.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I don't know how anyone can exclude Marion. He is an absolute stud and is having a better season than Kobe, Nash, and Gasol. Especially after the Starbury trade.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
Chad didn’t actually make the picks, but instead compiled the votes of five successful but anonymous GM’s. Chad set it up so the GM’s could select the starters based on performance even if they can’t really start because they won’t garner enough votes.

EAST

Starters

Kidd
McGrady
Artest
O’Neal
Wallace

Reserves

Pierce
Davis
Iverson
Redd
Carter
James
Odom

Just Missed

Kmart
Boozer
Jefferson
Marbury
Billups

No mention of Ilgauskas. Not one true center on the roster. Then again, not one true center deserves to go.

WEST

Starters

Cassell
Peja (Ford says if Wallace can be a center, Peja can be a shooting guard)
Garnett
Duncan
O’Neal

Reserves
Bryant
Nash
Nowitzki
Brad Miller
Gasol
Randolph
Yao

Just Missed

Melo
Ray Allen
Finley
Payton
Bibby
Manu
Marion
Kirelenko
Brand
Dampier
Rashard

I hope AK47 and Melo can find their way on to this team. I could see the coaching voting for either over Pau or maybe Randolph. Yao has come on strong, so he’s probably a lock now. Francis will be in on fan votes, some somebody’s coming off this list.

ROOKIE CHALLENGE

Rookie All Stars

Starters

Wade
Hinrich
James
Anthony
Bosh

Reserves

Barbosa
TJ Ford
Raul Lopez
Bogans
Hayes
Howard
Kaman

Sophomore All Stars

Starters
Frank Williams
Manu
Tayshaun
Boozer
Yao

Reserves

Flip
Amare
Jiri Welsch
Drew Gooden
Okur
Nene

It sounds like Chad picked the Rookies and Sophs himself, without the help of the GM’s. Now I thought that there were only 8 players on each rookie/sophomore team, and if I’m right that’s a pretty big mistake on his part. Maybe they have expanded the roster this year.

The Rookie Challenge should be amazing this year. Kirk has wrapped up a starting spot, I think, and that’s no small task this year.
Chad Ford can be so fickle sometimes. So Frank Williams is having a better season that Flip Murray

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Jiri Welsch over Mike Dunleavy? Interesting.

Welsch: 8.7, 3.2, 2.2, 1.3 and 43% from the arc (that's the only spectacular part of his stat line)

Dunleavy: 12.4, 6.6, 2.9, .88 spg and 44% from the field, along with 37% from the arc. Not to mention he's on a better team (in my opinion... the Celtics in the West would be worse than Phoenix).

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
can yao play both rookie challenge and all star game? i know he didnt do rookie game and all star last year. i'd love to see chris bosh try to take him. With him boozer and possible amare, rookies wont even grab a board

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have a major problem with no Nugget being named to the All-Star squad. This has been the surprise team in the league -- there's no way Dallas deserves two all-stars and Denver zero.

Carmelo should probably get the nod, but you can make a case for Dre Miller too.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
I find redemption in the fact that 5 GM's agree with me that Artest should be starting. He really got black balled last season when they denied him all-defensive team...I couldn't believe that crap. Hopefully this time around the "community" will recognize that he is the driving force behind the Pacers.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NBA.com says the All Star reserves are to be announced tomorrow. I'm very curious to see who gets in. I think it should be a fantastic game.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Ronald Dupree might slip in for the 12th spot in the East.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
this is the article i was talking about where odom is ahead of martin. I like his all star picks. 5 gm's picked this, which is a good sign that odom will make the game:yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts