Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the O Live Blog
The Grizzlies' biggest weakness is in the middle -- a problem West has been trying to solve since July 1. He's probably wishing he had Wesley Person and Brevin Knight back right about now. A combination of those two expiring contracts along with Stromile Swift's expiring deal could have landed him Dampier and Van Exel.

Just for fun, lets see who can come up with the best trade scenario between these three teams

The implication of the above quote would seem to say a possible scenario would be to have:

GS send NVE and Dampier to Memphis
GS receives Sheed

Portland sends Sheed to GS
Portland receives?

Memphis receives NVE and Dampier
Memphis sends ?

Good luck in your efforts and have fun :banana:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I'm not sure I like this deal, but here it is.

Trade ID number 1471076

Portland Trades:

Rasheed Wallace
Qyntel Woods

Portland Gets:

Nick Van Exel
Shane Battier
Stromile Swift

Memphis Trades:

Shane Battier
Stromile Swift
Ryan Humphrey

Memphis Gets:

Erick Dampier

GS Trades:

Nick Van Exel
Erick Dampier

GS Gets:

Rasheed Wallace
Qyntel Woods
Ryan Humphrey

Memphis? Gets a legit center upgrade and still has depth at every position.

Golden State? Gets the best player in the deal, who happens to be a massive expiring contract, and a pretty good prospect in Woods.

Portland? Battier's a nice piece. NVE is an upgrade over Damon. Swift has his uses.

I don't really like it from Portland's perspective, though, and I'm not sure Memphis would go for it.

Ed O.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I think I remember reading in the offseason that Memphis was talking to Golden State about Dampier, and the talks died because the Grizzlies were not willing to include Shane Battier in a package. Dampier has had a surprisingly good year, but still, I highly doubt that Memphis would trade BOTH Swift and Battier for him. I also think Golden State would bite on this trade even if they got a prospect worse than Qyntel Woods.

Great idea, though. Memphis stands to lose Swift in the offseason because I doubt they want to pay him as much as he'll get offered by the Jazz or the Nuggets, so trading him for Dampier is a good idea. I think your idea works if we make it a bit simpler.

Nick Van Exel, Stromile Swift, and Ryan Humphrey to Portland, Erick Dampier to Memphis, and Rasheed Wallace and Jake Tsakalidis to Golden State.

Memphis is much more likely to do that trade, Golden State doesn't get quite so much, and Portland gets to keep Woods, though they don't get Battier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.