Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

Wow at Group D.

EDIT - I've highlighted my two to go through. Some curveballs but most of this looks set in stone.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
How do they determine the groupings? Group D is stacked, but Group A is looking meager.

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
How do they determine the groupings? Group D is stacked, but Group A is looking meager.
Every team is classed in different pots(4 total. You could also classify them as seeds) and go by overall strength, so you won't see Real Madrid as the 4th pot and Barca as 2nd with Man City as 3rd. Each group has a 1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, and 4 seed. No two number 1 seeds or anything of that nature. Teams have their names listed inside of these balls that get pulled out randomly. Hope this made somewhat sense.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
I was praying PSG/Juventus landed in that group D instead of Ajax, they were in the same pot. Still, Ajax aren't a bad team at all.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasn't the last time the champs of Spain, Germany and England faced each other in a group, United won the treble?

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Nah, City are done. No chance. They're going to need 7 points at an absolute minimum to overtake Dortmund. If BVB get 3 from Ajax, then City cannot jump them. And they aren't beating Madrid anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I would much rather Bayern face City than Real Madrid.

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Don't City just need 6 points? Say Dortmund drop their two away games to Madrid and Amsterdam, and City wins in Dortmund and at home against Ajax, doesn't City overtake through tiebreaker? Too bad Balotelli had that last second PK against Dortmund or else it'd be official :D

1 - 20 of 524 Posts