Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
The People's Champ
888 Posts
Yeah Hawks! First half was rusty, second half was all Hawks. Great coaching by Gal and solid execution to close the game out. Starters played fantastic and both Williams and Carter played all conf first team level play today. The best players rise up when it means the most, and those two brought it. Hawks organization def deserved this and everyone who supported the ‘neighborhood’ this whole time. Gal has done a solid job turning this organization around in the past 5-6 years. They even return arguably their most electric player next year. Team that up with a tremendous core that I can see all guys coming back, maybe except Carter, although he does have another year left technically. Obviously a little high after the win but I put these Hawks as the front runners for next year.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
Yeah Hawks! First half was rusty, second half was all Hawks. Great coaching by Gal and solid execution to close the game out. Starters played fantastic and both Williams and Carter played all conf first team level play today. The best players rise up when it means the most, and those two brought it. Hawks organization def deserved this and everyone who supported the ‘neighborhood’ this whole time. Gal has done a solid job turning this organization around in the past 5-6 years. They even return arguably their most electric player next year. Team that up with a tremendous core that I can see all guys coming back, maybe except Carter, although he does have another year left technically. Obviously a little high after the win but I put these Hawks as the front runners for next year.
I can't wait for the announcers to say ......over to Marks, back to Dr. Carter....

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
What a high....now I know what UVM fans...Albany fans...UMBC fans...Stony fans felt like during their championship years. Marks was also really solid today despite not shooting great and PJ Henry is really giving quality minutes. He comes up with some amazing passes. Gal game plan against Noel and even more so against Withers was special.

Aside from bringing back Flowers to the mix ( who was our best player until he went down for the season) we bring in this kid Henderson who looks like the real deal...granted he will be a freshman.

·
The People's Champ
888 Posts
I wonder what TC said to Noel when they both got T’d up. Besides the three+1, Noel curled into a ball after that

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I wonder what TC said to Noel when they both got T’d up. Besides the three+1, Noel curled into a ball after that
I was curious about that too. Hartford’s D definitely showed up yesterday.

sad about Carter’s younger brother ( who was a genius) getting shot and killed from gun violence last summer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't post much anymore but I had to jump in and just say how happy I am for Hartford winning the title and making their first trip to the big dance. The championship game was the first non-UMBC America East game I had a chance to watch this year and I was so excited to watch it and was a big Hartford fan yesterday. No slight to UMass Lowell but Hartford is a program I have enjoyed watching going back in 07-08 when they met UMBC in the championship game and always was excited when they were coming to the RAC/Events Center after that. They never quite built a rivalry with UMBC but I think I've always kind of seen them as the other outsider sort of school in the conference with UMBC. Great season and great job making a memory after not even getting the opportunity to do so last year.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts