Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOUSTON -- Dallas Mavericks small forward Chandler Parsons might need microfracture surgery on his right knee, sources told ESPNDallas.com, although there remains a possibility that the cartilage damage could be repaired with arthroscopic surgery.

If microfracture surgery is necessary, Parsons could be sidelined to begin next season.

In that case, Parsons would be expected to need four to six months of rehabilitation before beginning basketball activities and another two months before being game ready.

The final determination on whether Parsons needs microfracture surgery to regenerate the damaged cartilage will not be made until the surgeon performs the initial arthroscopic procedure to assess the damage.

Parsons, who the Mavs signed to a three-year, $46 million contract as a restricted free agent last summer, missed the final six games of the regular season due to soreness and swelling in his right knee.

He returned for Game 1 of Dallas' series against the Houston Rockets, playing 37 minutes in the loss to his former team, before it was determined that he needed surgery and must be shut down for the remainder of the season.

Parsons got a third medical opinion on his knee Monday when he visited Chicago Bulls team physician Brian Cole, the section head of the cartilage research and restoration center at Rush University Medical Center.

Parsons also had consultations with Mavs team physician T.O. Souryal and Rockets team physician Walter Lowe.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12776760/chandler-parsons-dallas-mavericks-need-microfracture

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With a 6-8 month game-readiness timeline for micro-fracture surgery, Would miss the beginning of next season if he has to get it.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Damn. Poor Dallas and Dirk man, I feel for them. I think their consolation prize may be Roy Hibbert this off-season though

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
This is just more sad news for a team who started off this season absolutely red hot, setting offensive league records... and puttered to a depressing end. Their fans would certainly be more broken up about it if they didn't have that Larry O'Brien trophy to snuggle with at night.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn. Poor Dallas and Dirk man, I feel for them. I think their consolation prize may be Roy Hibbert this off-season though
They are targeting LMA actually.

As far as Parsons goes, he should do what's best for his long term career. Missing some games at the beginning of next season isn't the end of the world, just don't want to risk it being a lingering issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts