Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From K.C. Johnson's "gamer":

Tyson Chandler was hit in the eye with a stray hand from Jerome Williams and suffered a severe scratch. Chandler wore a patch over his left eye after the game and wasn't sure he could play Saturday night against Toronto.

Chandler, who led the Bulls with nine rebounds and four blocks, had just finished a sequence of consecutive blocks that forced the Knicks into a 24-second violation with the Bulls hanging onto a 91-88 lead.

"I went to block Jerome's shot and he swung with his off arm and scratched my eye," Chandler said. "They said it was the cornea. I can't open my eye because the light burns. There's a fuzz, a blur. I'm glad we got the victory, but I didn't know what the score was. I couldn't see. I couldn't get my eye open."
The only way I can cope with this bad news is to hope that Tyson finds his way
HERE and has a little fun with it.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
ScottMay said:
From K.C. Johnson's "gamer":

The only way I can cope with this bad news is to hope that Tyson finds his way
HERE and has a little fun with it.
I wonder if Chandler will be sporting the Kareem or Horace model goggles anytime soon. It would be best to protect that peeper when he gets back on the court.

Meanwhile, we're in a bit of trouble against Toronto. Are we really going to go with Reiner, Othella and AD only, with Chapu possibly getting some time at the 4? Yikes!

·
Registered
255 Posts
lol wow we will be super short handed against Toronto.... but you know we really havent given Reiner a fair chance to succeed like the 2 games he has had any minutes in it was against Shaq lol

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Darius Miles Davis said:
Are we really going to go with Reiner, Othella and AD only, with Chapu possibly getting some time at the 4? Yikes!
When you look at some of the lineups we're playing with, it really makes you scratch your head wondering how we're winning.

My Coach of the Year Standings

1. Skiles
2. Carlisle
3. Karl - will he even get consideration since he hasn't coached all year?

Suns have been superb, but not only do they have a talented starting five each player is averaging roughly 35 mpg or more. They've only had 15 missed games by their starters and half were by Nash. Yes, they've played an up-style tempo that has worked well for them, but you don't give a guy the COY award for that. Jackson ran the triangle, big deal. Triangle does not = COY. For me, COY is the guy who got every last ounce out of his team. They likely overachieved. The more they got done with less, all the better. The guy dealt with adversity and handled it beautifully. The team was always prepared and won when it should. The team was competitive night in and night out. The Suns have what - 3 guys who have been all-stars? (Stoudamire, Marion, Nash) D'Antoni deserves votes, he just doesn't deserve the hardware.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
'Ronto??? What, were we a bit too tired to type the letters "To..."? or just throwin' down that hip slang like them young folks? :whofarted:

;)

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Mr. T said:
When you look at some of the lineups we're playing with, it really makes you scratch your head wondering how we're winning.

My Coach of the Year Standings

1. Skiles
2. Carlisle
3. Karl - will he even get consideration since he hasn't coached all year?
ESPN ranked Coach of the Year standings like this:

1. McMillan (Seattle)
2. Carlisle (Indy)
3. Skiles

Personally I think McMillan had more talent than everyone gave him credit for, which is why his coaching job has been a little overrated, albeit very good. He has 2 all-stars for goodness sakes, not to mention several point guards who were lottery picks, and a trio of big men who can rebound the hell out of the ball. That sounds like talent to me.

Skiles has no all-stars on his team. He also has several key players who couldn't play defense coming into the season, yet he coached this team to become one of the top defenses in the NBA. He ridded a 7-year span of "losing culture" and now has the 3rd best record in the East, right behind the defending champion Pistons and the Shaq led title-favorite Miami Heat. He also has rallied this team to 10 wins in the past 11 games down a crucial stretch of the season despite key players dropping like flies. 4 rookies, 4 washed up veterans, 1 second-year player, and a pair of 22-year old big men round out the team. Most "experts" tabbed the Bulls with 25 wins coming into the season. I can't think of a more convincing argument for any other coach in the NBA this year.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
'Ronto??? What, were we a bit too tired to type the letters "To..."? or just throwin' down that hip slang like them young folks? :whofarted:

;)
:rofl:

I thought the same thing.

What if Tyson comes back with goggles...and Gordon shaves his head...and, uh, Deng sports a flattop for his triumphant and unexpected return...

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:

;)
That's how all the kids in T-DOT talk now-a-days. :biggrin:

Its either T-DOT or "the 'ronto."

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
BealeFarange said:
:rofl:

What if Tyson comes back with goggles...and Gordon shaves his head...and, uh, Deng sports a flattop for his triumphant and unexpected return...
I could definitely see Tyson taking the court in some of those green welding goggles. I'd giggle and giggle over his googley-eyed green goggles!

;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts