Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bulls' better effort against Portland had Chandler plotting a dramatic turnaround for the remainder of the season.

"What do we have, 34 games left?" he said. "I just told the guys if we bring this effort every game, we can win at least 28. Playing out there that hard, there's not many teams that can beat us."

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp

28 out of 34 games. Is that stupid or just downright overright valuing yourself?

·
Beat The Heat
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
The Bulls' better effort against Portland had Chandler plotting a dramatic turnaround for the remainder of the season.

"What do we have, 34 games left?" he said. "I just told the guys if we bring this effort every game, we can win at least 28. Playing out there that hard, there's not many teams that can beat us."

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp

28 out of 34 games. Is that stupid or just downright overright valuing yourself?
If the Bulls can play like they did for the first half of that game for the rest of the season, then i don't see why they can't, but they won't be able to do it over a whole course of the game, so it won't happen. I just wish Skiles will stick with what's working and not shy away from it towards the end of the games.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Tyson and Jamal must have gone to the same school of optimism...where they teach you to be optimistic to the point of sounding like a nitwit. Way to go, Tys.

My bigger problem in that aritcle, though:
"Final shot falls short: Following Saturday's overtime loss, Bulls coach Scott Skiles said the last play of regulation was designed for Antonio Davis to take the shot.

Davis, who scored 2 points in the game, missed an open 17-footer from the left of the key after setting a screen for Kirk Hinrich.

"We'd seen something on the pick-and-roll over the course of the night and knew we could pop him right there and get a decent look," Skiles said. "We thought we got a decent look and just weren't able to make it."

Are you frickin kidding me?! We have a chance to win the game at the end of regulation, we have Kirk, Jamal, ERob and a hot Pip all on the floor and he designs a play for Antonio Davis?!?! Antonio frickin Davis? I know the guy knocks down 15-17 footers pretty well but come on, we had four other guys on the floor I'd rather have shooting that shot. UNBELIEVABLE! :upset:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Thats what leaders do. They tell the other players they can do something when in fact they feel like they can't. Then they lead by example on the court.

How soon will Tyson get back into shape?

We will not go 28-6. But I like the fact that he is telling them we can, if we play hard.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
A bit optimistic, but i like the fact that he isn´t negative and just wants the season to end! This could lead to some inspired basketball if he can get the whole team as dedicated as he is.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is because its Chandler, if it were Hinrich no one would complain. But if Curry were coming off a 35 game layoff and said we are going to win 85% of the rest of our games for the end of the year, we would all say he was stupid and nuts. Its nice to be optimistic, but there is a fine line where optimism turns to out and out stupidity. Tyson crossed that line and kept running with that goal. within 2 weeks, his goal might have already been null and void

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
this is because its Chandler, if it were Hinrich no one would complain. But if Curry were coming off a 35 game layoff and said we are going to win 85% of the rest of our games for the end of the year, we would all say he was stupid and nuts. Its nice to be optimistic, but there is a fine line where optimism turns to out and out stupidity. Tyson crossed that line and kept running with that goal. within 2 weeks, his goal might have already been null and void
i unfortunately agree with all that you said

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PC Load Letter</b>!
Tyson and Jamal must have gone to the same school of optimism...where they teach you to be optimistic to the point of sounding like a nitwit. Way to go, Tys.
Perhaps they're going to trade himself and Jamal for Shaq and Kobe. That, coupled with a healthy dose of luck could have us go 28-6 over the final 34.

My bigger problem in that aritcle, though:
"Final shot falls short: Following Saturday's overtime loss, Bulls coach Scott Skiles said the last play of regulation was designed for Antonio Davis to take the shot.

Davis, who scored 2 points in the game, missed an open 17-footer from the left of the key after setting a screen for Kirk Hinrich.

"We'd seen something on the pick-and-roll over the course of the night and knew we could pop him right there and get a decent look," Skiles said. "We thought we got a decent look and just weren't able to make it."

Are you frickin kidding me?! We have a chance to win the game at the end of regulation, we have Kirk, Jamal, ERob and a hot Pip all on the floor and he designs a play for Antonio Davis?!?! Antonio frickin Davis? I know the guy knocks down 15-17 footers pretty well but come on, we had four other guys on the floor I'd rather have shooting that shot. UNBELIEVABLE! :upset:
Agree 100%

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>happygrinch</b>!

i unfortunately agree with all that you said
Grinch by the way, it was not my intention to make it look like I was taking VVs side over yours in that discussion yesterday. Lots of respect here.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Tyson's comments, while admirable is a load of :cthread:

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
BS, rlucas! If Kirk said that, I would not be happy. Leadership is fine, but it's too cocky and too unrealistic based on how bad we've been this year.

But I do think Chandler will be one of our vocal leaders going forward, and if he can manage to grab 13 boards a game, I'll let him say whatever he wants. There's no doubt Ty is a good kid, a driven player, who is good for our franchise (when healthy).

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I agree that Ty meant 28 wins overall, not win 28 more games this season. Its sad that last year we hoped for and barely got 30 wins and we've backtracked to hoping to scrape out 28.

:sigh:

The fact we're even dissecting this quote at all is a sad commentary on how little there is to talk about when it comes to the Bulls these days...

Trade speculation, moaning and overanalyzing. That's all we got.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.