Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Channing Frye has already finished his rookie season. He played pretty well, averaging 12.3 points , 5 rebounds and almost one assist in 24 minutes of play.

Good numbers, good words: our favourite drunkard.. erm, GM, Isiah Thomas, used to say before the trading deadline that only Channing Frye and Eddy Curry were surely going to stay in NY.
But looking at this statement, there is another consideration to be made: in this ugly, strongly disappointing season for the Knicks, Frye didn't have space and minutes a future franchise-player should have had.
He has been coming off the bench all year, in a team where players are all but good in the painted area.
I have the impression Larry Brown doesn't believe too much in this guy: Frye showned great things (good footwork, soft hands, high-percentage shooter), but lacks lateral footspeed to keep up with most NBA power forwards, and has to develop a more consistent defence.

I would like to read your opinions about this guy. And, of course, your expectations for the upcoming season.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
He started off great in the beginning, I thought he lost confidence in the middle of the season. LB and his revolving starting lineup, and the fact that he may have hit the rookie wall could have been the reason why. Toward the end right before he got injured, he played more aggressive, grabbing rebounds, and actually added a couple of techincal fouls to his belt. I'm guessing he will continue to come off the bench, and my favorite dimwit GM will probably try to add a defensive minded PF to play alongside Curry. Frye should be able to get into a good rhythm once he is told by the coaching staff, what exactly his role will be. Now with that said, he may still be traded in a blockbuster. I rather hold on to him, and watch our homegrown Knick develope into great players with our organization, rather than show greatness on another squad.

Edit- Welcome to the boards, and you better be a Knick fan otherwise I'm a break your knee caps. :biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.