Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of my favs:
(from http://www.clintcam.com/barkley/ )
Charles Barkley, to TNT colleagues Ernie Johnson Jr. and Kenny Smith: "I'm the smartest person on this set. You two are just here for decorations."

"If (NBA personal trainer) Tim Grover can teach Darius Miles to shoot, then he deserves a lifetime achievement award."

On Devean George playing with 4 Hall Of Famers: "Anybody can play that spot with those 4. If Devean George played for any other team in the NBA, we wouldn't know he was alive."

"Half Man, Half Sit-Out-The-Season." -- Barkley, talking about Vince Carter.

"You know what Ernie? Damn! I mean the good damn. There are different kinds of damn. This is not the kind of damn that you use to describe Mike Tyson." -- Charles Barkley, on the picture of Serena Williams in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

When the Los Angeles Clippers were playing the Seattle SuperSonics in Japan, Charles Barkley said on TNT: "If we get lucky, maybe they will keep in the Clippers over there."

* TNT's Charles Barkley, after watching a clip of San Antonio's David Robinson getting hit in the groin area by the Lakers' Robert Horry: "It's always funny when it happens to someone else."

Golf and sex are the only two things that you can be bad at and still have a good time.

On the Portland Trail Blazers serving Thanksgiving meals: "In between arrests they do community service."

"I love sam cassell, he's a great guy... but he does look like E.T."

"He [Kenny] knows basketball and I know a little bit, but I'm just here for good looks."

Arriving at a Knicks game and being swarmed by reporters: "You want to talk to me? I guess it's not like you have a team to cover."

"I can't believe we're talking about high school guys being good in the NBA when they average six points a game. I could do that right now, and I ain't touched a basketball in a couple of months."

EJ: "Did they recognize you in South Dakota?" Charles: "Yes, they did. It was easy because I was the only black person there. When they see me walking down the street they say 'There he goes again'. And when I come back the next year they say 'He's back yawl!'"

"You don't wear Nike, it's going to happen. They gave him all that money to wear those cheap Filas." -- TNT's Charles Barkley, re: Grant Hill's foot injuries.

·
Registered
177 Posts
barkley is a racist, i dont listen to anything he says

everytime a white coach gets hired he whines, even tho Lenny Wilkens should have been fired in the 80's

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah Barkley's got a MOUTH! Yesterday, before the game with the Celtics and Cavs, he was talking about Danny Ainge, the GM of the Celtics. I remember him saying "I shouldn't say this on TV. I have respect for him. He's done a crappy job in Boston. He's made some horrible trades. Like I said, I shouldn't say this on TV." Yet he WAS on TV saying all of it! LOL I was LMAO!

Anyways, don't pay attention to what comes out his mouth! You don't know where it's been1 Oh wait, it was kissing a donkey's a** last season!!

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>scj</b>!
Charles Barkley, to TNT colleagues Ernie Johnson Jr. and Kenny Smith: "I'm the smartest person on this set. You two are just here for decorations."

""He [Kenny] knows basketball and I know a little bit, but I'm just here for good looks."
contradicting......

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Charles Barkley is one of my favorite people on television. Just straight entertainment. He's very funny.

Sure he says some dumb things. Sure he doesn't even watch most of the games he's talking about. But he's the reason I tune into TNT no matter who is playing.

And there is a diffrence between saying Racial things and being a racist. I would be interested to know if the person who called Barkley a racist also thinks Chris Rock is a racist?

I think it's good that Barkley always brings up black coaches when it comes to hiring. There's nothing wrong with that. That's the type of thing that is going to keep the pressure on the NBA to maintain it's diversity, which is why the NBA has become one of the best if not the best league with regards to diversity.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Some time ago the guys on TNT were talking about the election, and Barkley was talking about a Democratic candidate he was supporting... Ernie asked him, "Didn't you used to be a Republican?" And he said, "I was, until they screwed all the poor people in this country."

Ernie looks into the camera for a second and he's like, err... let's change the subject. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Is Bill "Throw it down" Walton on ESPn or ABC?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
last night

Magic Johnson: It's great to have 3 time Grammy award winning Outkast to play here tonight for the halftime show.

CBark: Did you get a Grammy for that commercial you did?

2000 draft:

Ernie: Charles, what do you think about the Clippers taking Darius Miles.

CBark: Its a horrible pick. The Clippers are a horrible organization, and Darius will waste his time there.

(not only is he funny, he's psychic)

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IosimCash</b>!

everytime a white coach gets hired he whines, even tho Lenny Wilkens should have been fired in the 80's

I'm pretty sure his wife isn't the same race as him. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I love Barkley's comments. Everytime we get a TNT broadcast up here (Toronto), I always try to tune in at half-time just to hear what he has to say.:D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Barkley is a fat blowhard and I turn the half time show off
as soon as he comes on.

Walton says dumb things as well but he does not take himself
as serious as Barkley. I actually believe that Barkley thinks he
knows better than anyone else up there. He is mean spirited
about many of his comments.

During last years playoffs he wanted to fight Dirk because after
Dirk was told about one of Barkley's many stupid mean spirited
comments Dirk just said "What an idiot". This apparently pissed
Barkley off and he had to show his true colors by actually making
a threat during the pregame broadcast.

Barkley is a classless jagoff.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mavsman</b>!
Barkley is a classless jagoff.
Based on this comment, you seem to have the same mind as Sir Charles. You don't hold back your true thoughts. I find you to be somewhat hypocritical in that sense.

By the way...what's a jagoff??
:confused:

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IosimCash</b>!
many people think in that way. I don't know why.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Barkley is not a racist. Read his book. It's mostly about racial issues and the need for understanding. He's a racial justice activist.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Cometsbiggestfan</b>!
Shoot, I want to beat Dirk up too!! I hate the MAVS!!
You should support other Texas teams, not hate the others 'cause Houston is the lesser of the three.

Sir Charles is funny at times, sometimes comes off as a hater but still funny.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts