Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Phx suns could logically end up with 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!!

iF THE cAVS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS (WHICH THEY ARE ONLY 2 1/2 GAMES OUT OF THE the final spot in the east, the suns could have 2 lottery and 1 pick in 14-15 range.

The bobcats should work out a deal with the suns that looks like this:

The suns don't want White on their roster, and at 28 he can still make a splash as their starting center. Rumor has it the the Suns will offer White 3 mill in cash, and a 1st round pick for them to take white......

but this is my idea:

The suns (assuming they don't trade picks away before this point) offers the bobcats

White (Expansion draft)
both lottery picks ( and Cavs pick if they have it)
3 million in cash and possibly howard Eisley

The bobcats in return send the #4 pick to the suns:

This gives the Bobcats options... because they can wave white or Eisley if they don't like them after they draft them and it doesn't count against their cap. PLUS.. they will potentially get 3 picks in the top 15!!!!

with the #4 pick your not going to find a superstar and with 3 picks in the top 15 you are going to get a formibble team of core players that can work together, and become Great

The suns do this for Cap-room and a shot at Pavel or another decent pick to add to their core!

What do ya'll think

·
Registered
830 Posts
Trading three picks for one saves money. And they're supposedly the number one option for kobe if he leaves the lakers. The magic basicly gave away 2 lotto and 1 non lotto choices (I think) and corey maggette in 2000, for two future picks, to clear cap space for Grant Hill and T-MAC. I believe his Suns/Bobcat speculations is sort of the same idea.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
they should draft:
Dylan Page, PF for University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Check out these stats: 21 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.2 bpg
:cool: (so call me a homer):cool:

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Why do people think u can people a good team by alot of young players. When has this been done tell me I would like to know. Any team that has won the championship has not had tons of young talent.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
Why do people think u can people a good team by alot of young players. When has this been done tell me I would like to know. Any team that has won the championship has not had tons of young talent.
Dude there buliding for the future. And if they get lucky with theese picks they could do that. Remeber there team has Amare and the Matrix. Add Kobe and a few potential stars to the mix and they could be a force in a few years.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Just like the CLips where win they kept getting all that young talent on last years team. It doesnt work there are too large of egos in the NBA.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I dont think you can compare either teams. The star of that clip team was brand and he had 2-3 yrs of experience. Matrix has i believe has 5-6 years and if they get kobe he has 7 yrs exp. And the clips were loaded with players with egos where as on phoenix i see none.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Who is to say they get Kobe? It would be diffrent with him but with out him it wont work. Marion is a #2 option he cant lead a team. Egos come with the players especially if u draft younger players. They think there so good and should get what they want cuz they have always gotten that before.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I very much doubt the Suns would trade 3 (if they have 3 this year) first round picks for just the #4. I think the only way this may possibly happen is if Pavel slips to 4, Charlotte picks him, then trades. However, right now, it doesn't look like Pavel will get past 3.

Again, I think if Kobe goes to PHX, I think Marion will be gone. Kobe, Marion, and Amare (max in a couple years) are too expensive. Kobe would make Marion expendable.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Pheonix would be VERY stupid to do something like that, and I don't think anyone needs to trade away anything for Pavel Podkolzine he's a BUST!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts