Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at the NBA players that Yugoslavia has on their team in the Basketball World Championships...
Vlade Divac
Predrag Drobnjak
Vladimir Radmanovic
Marco Jaric
Predrag Stojakovic

They could have this starting lineup...
C: Divac
PF: Drobnjak
SF: Radmanovic
SG: Stojakovic
PG: Jaric

Does anyone know their starting lineup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
from the info i've gathered divac and radmanovic are not on the national team. I might be wrong but I got this roster from a site. It said " 2001 European Championship Team Roster, Last FIBA Competition: 2001 European Championship,
Zone Champions and it shows this roster for the competition in indianapolis.

No Name Age City of Birth Position

4 BODIROGA, Dejan 28 Zrenjanin, YUG F
5 PETROVIC, Veselin 24 Sarajevo, BIH G
6 OBRADOVIC, Sasa 32 Belgrade, YUG G
7 RAKOCEVIC, Igor 23 Belgrade, YUG G
8 STOJAKOVIC(KINIS), Predrag 24 Slavoska Pozega, CRO F
9 SCEPANOVIC, Vlado 26 Kolasin, YUG G
10 JARIC, Marko (Giarits-Lats 23 Belgrade, YUG G
11 DROBNJAK, Predrag 26 Bijelo Polje, YUG C
12 TARLAC, Dragan 28 Novi Sad, YUG C
13 MILOJEVIC, Dejan 24 Belgrade, YUG F
14 TOMASEVIC, Dejan 28 Belgrade, YUG C
15 GUROVIC (MALATRAS), Milan 26 Novi Sad, YUG F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>untitled</b>!
from the info i've gathered divac and radmanovic are not on the national team. I might be wrong but I got this roster from a site. It said " 2001 European Championship Team Roster, Last FIBA Competition: 2001 European Championship,
Zone Champions and it shows this roster for the competition in indianapolis.

No Name Age City of Birth Position

4 BODIROGA, Dejan 28 Zrenjanin, YUG F
5 PETROVIC, Veselin 24 Sarajevo, BIH G
6 OBRADOVIC, Sasa 32 Belgrade, YUG G
7 RAKOCEVIC, Igor 23 Belgrade, YUG G
8 STOJAKOVIC(KINIS), Predrag 24 Slavoska Pozega, CRO F
9 SCEPANOVIC, Vlado 26 Kolasin, YUG G
10 JARIC, Marko (Giarits-Lats 23 Belgrade, YUG G
11 DROBNJAK, Predrag 26 Bijelo Polje, YUG C
12 TARLAC, Dragan 28 Novi Sad, YUG C
13 MILOJEVIC, Dejan 24 Belgrade, YUG F
14 TOMASEVIC, Dejan 28 Belgrade, YUG C
15 GUROVIC (MALATRAS), Milan 26 Novi Sad, YUG F
USA would kill that team...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
An impressive line-up...
But Like most of the Euro Teams they lack size and the physical aggression to clear out the middle, I think this team can shoot lights out, but how far can the perimeter game carry them?? Not far at all especially against the US......Team US will Dominate the competition again and again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
I honestly think they might be the team that the US face in the finals. That lineup if it stays as is, is already quite impressive, but obviously the USA would dominate. The only other team who MIGHT make a little noise might be Spain but even that may be a longshot. If you look at the teams which ones do you even think have a chance!?

Africa
Angola
Algeria

Americas
Argentina
Brazil
Canada
Puerto Rico
USA
Venezuela

Asia
China
Lebanon

Europe
Germany
Spain
Turkey
Yugoslavia
Russia

Oceania
New Zealand

I don't know, nothing too impressive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,387 Posts
re:

You guys underrate Tomacevic and Bodiroga. A lineup of:
PG Marko Jaric
SG Predrag Stojakovic
SF Dejen Bodiroga
PF Dejen Tomacevic
C Vlade Divac

is pretty good and could easily dominate the EC if it were an NBA team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
While I think that the US will win the championship (over Yugo slavia in the final game), I seriously doubt that we'll dominate like we used to. Doesn't anyone remember that the US almost lost to Lithuania in the 2000 Olympics with a team that was at least as good, if not better, than this year's team. I don't think that an upset is too far out of the realm of possibility. BTW, I thought that I read somewhere that Divac was playing, but i'm not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Smac</b>!
While I think that the US will win the championship (over Yugo slavia in the final game), I seriously doubt that we'll dominate like we used to. Doesn't anyone remember that the US almost lost to Lithuania in the 2000 Olympics with a team that was at least as good, if not better, than this year's team. I don't think that an upset is too far out of the realm of possibility. BTW, I thought that I read somewhere that Divac was playing, but i'm not sure.
the 2000 team imo was much better than the team they are putting out this time. USA will have some competition but should remain on top. It would be a shock if they came up short and possibly lost a game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
The USA will beat anybody who they play. The US's backups are better than Yugoslavias starters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by <b>g-dog-rice</b>!
The USA will beat anybody who they play. The US's backups are better than Yugoslavias starters.

thats your opinion. in a game situation it is a completely different story. i mean the lithuanian team had nobody worth actually mentioning yet they battled it out with the us. you never know what can happen. that team also had a better core of players, so we can only wait and see what happens
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
The USA will beat anybody who they play. The US's backups are better than Yugoslavias starters.
c'mon man, let's be realistic. the US is a better team, but not that much better. peja's a better player than at least half the guys on the US team. divac is better than any center on the US team (b/c wallace and o'neal aren't really true centers).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Re: re:

Originally posted by <b>TheGoods</b>!
You guys underrate Tomacevic and Bodiroga. A lineup of:
PG Marko Jaric
SG Predrag Stojakovic
SF Dejen Bodiroga
PF Dejen Tomacevic
C Vlade Divac

is pretty good and could easily dominate the EC if it were an NBA team.
I agree with you that all five are very good, but they would need at least a couple of years to be successful with the up-tempo style of playing in the NBA.

Anyway, I think USA will win because they play at home. This year US Team is the weakest ever since NBA players take part. If they were playing overseas, they could easily lose a game.

All of you should remember that a US Team featuring Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Kenyon Martin, Jermaine O'Neal, Shawn Marion, Wally Szczerbiak, Jason Terry, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis among others, needed an OVERTIME to beat Brazil during the Goodwill Games in the summer of 2001.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,584 Posts
Originally post by Genjuro
All of you should remember that a US Team featuring Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Kenyon Martin, Jermaine O'Neal, Shawn Marion, Wally Szczerbiak, Jason Terry, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis among others, needed an OVERTIME to beat Brazil during the Goodwill Games in the summer of 2001.
I remember this game. I almost die watching it. We almost win this one, I think you will be surprised with our team again (Brazil), we have good young talents, wait and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Originally posted by <b>untitled</b>!
from the info i've gathered divac and radmanovic are not on the national team. I might be wrong but I got this roster from a site. It said " 2001 European Championship Team Roster, Last FIBA Competition: 2001 European Championship,
Zone Champions and it shows this roster for the competition in indianapolis.

No Name Age City of Birth Position

4 BODIROGA, Dejan 28 Zrenjanin, YUG F
5 PETROVIC, Veselin 24 Sarajevo, BIH G
6 OBRADOVIC, Sasa 32 Belgrade, YUG G
7 RAKOCEVIC, Igor 23 Belgrade, YUG G
8 STOJAKOVIC(KINIS), Predrag 24 Slavoska Pozega, CRO F
9 SCEPANOVIC, Vlado 26 Kolasin, YUG G
10 JARIC, Marko (Giarits-Lats 23 Belgrade, YUG G
11 DROBNJAK, Predrag 26 Bijelo Polje, YUG C
12 TARLAC, Dragan 28 Novi Sad, YUG C
13 MILOJEVIC, Dejan 24 Belgrade, YUG F
1
4 TOMASEVIC, Dejan 28 Belgrade, YUG C
15 GUROVIC (MALATRAS), Milan 26 Novi Sad, YUG F

I think that´s the last summer yugoslavian roster.

Divac and Radmanovic are in the roster for World Championships.

Recently (Aug 17) Yugoslavia NT won the Braunschweig Supercup playing with more than 12 players.


The scorers:

Yugoslavia vs. Germany (88-87):
Bodiroga 15,
Radmanovic 1,
Rakocevic 16,
Stojakovic 26,
Scepanovic 2,
Jaric 7,
Divac 7,
Tomasevic 14

Yugoslavia vs. Lithuania (87-58):
Bodiroga 14,
Radmanovic 2,
Smiljanic 5,
Rakocevic 11,
Stojakovic 20,
Jaric 9,
Drobnjak 6,
Divac 6,
Cabarkapa,
Tomasevic 10,
Koturovic 4

Yugoslavia vs. New Zealand (79-81):
Bodiroga 8,
Radmanovic 8,
Smiljanic 3,
Rakocevic 6,
Stojakovic 11,
Scepanovic 6,
Jaric 10,
Drobnjak,
Vujanic 2,
Tomasevic 8,
Koturovic 12,
Cabarkapa 5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
:upset:
there's no way the US bench will kill the Yougoslavian team !!!. Remember that your team is made out of a country of more than 200 millions people !!!!. Try to be honest and recongnize the YU talent !!. they would destroy maybe 48 out of your 52 states. So you are really stupid to bekieve that a team made of second hand NBA starters can beat YU or even lesser known Euro countries.

Sometimes the USA first-mind is blinding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Originally posted by <b>starbonis</b>!
:upset:
there's no way the US bench will kill the Yougoslavian team !!!. Remember that your team is made out of a country of more than 200 millions people !!!!. Try to be honest and recongnize the YU talent !!. they would destroy maybe 48 out of your 52 states. So you are really stupid to bekieve that a team made of second hand NBA starters can beat YU or even lesser known Euro countries.

Sometimes the USA first-mind is blinding.
Agreed... although I don't think the US will be beaten on their home court
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Originally posted by <b>starbonis</b>!
:upset:
there's no way the US bench will kill the Yougoslavian team !!!. Remember that your team is made out of a country of more than 200 millions people !!!!. Try to be honest and recongnize the YU talent !!. they would destroy maybe 48 out of your 52 states. So you are really stupid to bekieve that a team made of second hand NBA starters can beat YU or even lesser known Euro countries.

Sometimes the USA first-mind is blinding.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying, but anyway just remember that we're not sending our best team. All we would have to do is send Shaq, Kobe, Kidd, Webber and T-Mac and we would crush anybody.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
IMO - This is probably one of the weakest US Teams ever selected, But they're young and big upfront, that alone should turn out any compettition in the way, BUT....I will also predict the other teams in the games, to make a serious threat or even pull an upset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Originally posted by <b>k^2</b>!


just remember that we're not sending our best team. All we would have to do is send Shaq, Kobe, Kidd, Webber and T-Mac and we would crush anybody.
Yes, but not so long ago USA won without them...

There is not excuse if USA lose World Championships again. If USA players are the best there is not better chance to show it to the world. Don´t forget Yugoslavia is the current World Champion...
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top