1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who's the best at point - J.Kidd, The Glove, Baron or Dre Miller
All are equally great players.
True leaders for their teams.
Solid Defenders (All NBA Defense - J.Kidd & G.P.)
Complete all around game...
Who's your pick?? or add other

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Payton.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Tough choice between Payton and Kidd...

I say PAYTON!

·
Registered
41 Posts
About 4 years ago I would've said Payton. He was the best defensive player in the NBA and was amazing at running his team, as well as developing young guys like Shawn Kemp. But now, Payton doesn't play defense. He gets outscored by rookie point Tony Parker, and plays to be only the leading scorer on his team. Don't get me wrong, gary's great for getting Seatlle in the playoffs last year, but there are about 5 or 6 point guards I would pick ahead of him this late in his career. Today I'll have to go with Jason Kidd. He got Phoenix in the playoffs, Marbury couldn't. He got the Nets in the finals, Marbury couldn't come close. The thing is, regardless of his numbers, which are comparable to Andre Miller's, Jason Kidd can turn any group of guys who can run and jump into a succesful team. I just wish the 3 J's were still together in their primes at dallas.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You have gotten to be kidding me. Kidd is the best point guard in the league hands down. He is the best all around point guard in the game he also showed hi awesome leadership qualities this year with the Nets.

Kidd goes to a bad team and he leads them to the NBA finals. He is a super stud and should be in a category all by himself when you are comparing current point guards.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Kidd, although Stockton will probably be remembered as the better point guard, so one could make the argument that he is the better point guard.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Right now I'd go with kidd then I say Dre Miller then Gary although Gary is one of the best PG's ever!!!!

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
If all PGs are 25 years old I take Payton... but since Payton is 33 or 34 (5 years older than Kidd) I would take Kidd for RIGHT NOW

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I would take Jason Kidd too. I think he brought so much to NJ last season... with experience, leadership, defense and confidence.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
you put payton on the miami heat and he can do exactly what kidd did IMHO

·
Registered
932 Posts
Davis will be the best PG in a couple years easily. If you watched the playoffs you'd know what im talking about. He carried the Hornets without the aid of Mash. A triple-double pretty much every game for Baron (in the playoffs of course) It's hard to find any faults for a player who is only 23 years old and will only get better. Miller is very overrated in my book, he didnt look that good in the worlds and he took alot of shots (at least from what I saw). I thought he was a pass first PG?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
If I owned a team I'll take anyone of them, but who I would take first is Kidd. The ability to dominate a game without scoring is unbelievable. The guy can rebound, play D, score when needed (or in the playoffs I should say), and the most important thing is dish to his temates. Personaly I'd rather see ONE great dish finished with a dunk or layup then anything else not even seeing Carter dunk over Ming.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Gary Payton and Jason Kidd in their primes are very close. Payton is a better defender and scorer, but Jason dominates a game with his ability to control the tempo, and who gets the ball in every situation. Payton is a decent playmaker, but I wouldn't call him dominant. Both players are hall of famers, but they made names for themselves in different ways.

Anybody who thinks that any PG in today's league is better than Kidd needs to get a clue. Payton has lost his defensive dominance due to the recent rules changes that prevent physical contact on the perimeter, and Andre Miller is straight overrated. The only person who thinks Miller is better than Kidd is the one who knows that he has led the league in assists, but has never actually seen him play. The "Jason Kidd of the east" comparisons crack me up. People who say this make it obvious that they have no clue what makes Jason Kidd so good.

I will say this: replace Miller with Kidd on the national team, and the US wins the World Championships. His leadership by example and willingness to distribute the ball would have lit a spark in the US team, and driven us to victory. Miller was just another uninterested ballhog.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Killuminati</b>!
Davis will be the best PG in a couple years easily. If you watched the playoffs you'd know what im talking about. He carried the Hornets without the aid of Mash. A triple-double pretty much every game for Baron (in the playoffs of course) It's hard to find any faults for a player who is only 23 years old and will only get better. Miller is very overrated in my book, he didnt look that good in the worlds and he took alot of shots (at least from what I saw). I thought he was a pass first PG?
I agree. Davis is an incredible athelete for his size, and really can do it all. After Payton and Kidd, he's the guy that I'd want. He will learn how to better control a team as he gets more experience. What drove me nuts about Miller is that he obviously knows how to run a team right, but he simply chose not to do it in the WC's. Talk about pathetic...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
1. Payton
2. Kidd
3. Baron
4. Dre.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>blabla97</b>!
Gary Payton and Jason Kidd in their primes are very close. Payton is a better defender and scorer, but Jason dominates a game with his ability to control the tempo, and who gets the ball in every situation. Payton is a decent playmaker, but I wouldn't call him dominant. Both players are hall of famers, but they made names for themselves in different ways.

Anybody who thinks that any PG in today's league is better than Kidd needs to get a clue. Payton has lost his defensive dominance due to the recent rules changes that prevent physical contact on the perimeter, and Andre Miller is straight overrated. The only person who thinks Miller is better than Kidd is the one who knows that he has led the league in assists, but has never actually seen him play. The "Jason Kidd of the east" comparisons crack me up. People who say this make it obvious that they have no clue what makes Jason Kidd so good.

I will say this: replace Miller with Kidd on the national team, and the US wins the World Championships. His leadership by example and willingness to distribute the ball would have lit a spark in the US team, and driven us to victory. Miller was just another uninterested ballhog.
i have to agree 100% about dre being overrated, i think he and mike bibby are the most overrated PG's today

·
Registered
62 Posts
Payton sucks! I'd go with Kidd 4 this past year, this year it's Dre, and year after that, it's J-Tins11. I don't get people who think the Glove is that great!!! What was his average??? He ain't 1st in assists, barely first in Points, not 1st in boards, not in steals, not really as good a d-fender as Kidd. He ain't that great!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts