Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is part of an article that has been cut and pasted everywhere...but I have not seen this paragraph:

Coach Maurice Cheeks, who says he is included in trade talks, said there have been more trade conversations lately than at any other time in his two-plus seasons in Portland, but he added that he didn't foresee anything on the horizon.
Granted it is from yesterday and if the brass had a meeting during the 3rd qtr last night-Cheeks obviously wasn't there...

Now why would they have a meeting DURING a game?

Would today be any different had the guys beat Phoenix?

Why would they have a trade meeting without Mo?

I just can't get over the confusion they are causing.

It is all VERY ODD.

LINK

·
Registered
518 Posts
Why would they have the meeting without Mo?

There's a VERY likely answer to this, and it was that maybe it wasn't a trade meeting.....

Practice cancelled today......hmmm.....

:devil:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RipCityJB</b>!

Maybe because Paul and his posse fly in right before the game and out right after the game?
That was my thought, as well.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Maybe they were just splitting some nachos, or wanting to discuss retro uni day, or evaluate Blaze's dancesteps, or discuss resigning Matt Carroll to a 10 day deal... It seems to me that the middle of a game isn't really the best time for the heads of the organization to brainstorm over something as serious as the trade options of their best player, and that this is likely just more of JQuick and the O desperately reaching for anything to substanciate their rumorathon, but who knows...

STOMP

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STOMP</b>!
Maybe they were just splitting some nachos, or wanting to discuss retro uni day, or evaluate Blaze's dancesteps... It seems to me that the middle of a game isn't really the best time for the heads of the organization to brainstorm over something as serious as the trade options of their best player, and that this is likely just more of the O desperately reaching for anything, but who knows...

STOMP
Why would they go to a private meeting room, then, away from the game?

Seems like they could split nachos behind the backboard where Paul sits...

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
Maybe Paul didn't have two open seats right beside him? Seems like they could discuss trade options privately over the phone too though doesn't it? Eating nachos separately just isn't the same IMO.

STOMP

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

from the looks of things...me thinks Paul doesn't share too many of his nachos...

speaking of that, last I saw of Brian Wheeler, he was looking like a shadow of his former self...I wonder if he's gonna make it up to the suite, so we can all go "no really, where's Brian Wheeler? "

"I'm right here..Booooooom shakalaka!"

"no seriously, where is Wheels?"

(Rice)"He's right here. NASTY!"

"no seriously. I see Steve, Mike Rice, Mike Barrett, Bill Schonley, some skinny dude, and someone hugging Steve Jone's leg..but no Wheels"

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Right Here!

You can sign right Here!

I ___________________________________, agree to trade Coach Cheeks for a bag of Popcorn and any other coach who will not play Damon.

:D

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Re: Right Here!

Originally posted by <b>hasoos</b>!
You can sign right Here!

I ___________________________________, agree to trade Coach Cheeks for a bag of Popcorn and any other coach who will not play Damon.

:D
That's so, so....2002/2003 ago. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts