Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this on the Clippers forum from one of their fans they suggested trading

Jamal Crawford

for

Melvin Ely, Corey Maggette, and Keyon Dooling

if this was really proposed would you want Krause to accept it or decline it.

I think that we should jump the gun if this trade was proposed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by blkwdw13
I just saw this on the Clippers forum from one of their fans they suggested trading

Jamal Crawford

for

Melvin Ely, Corey Maggette, and Keyon Dooling

if this was really proposed would you want Krause to accept it or decline it.

I think that we should jump the gun if this trade was proposed.
There are about 5 things wrong with that trade, the first being salary.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it would never happen because of all the rules and salaries and other stuff but I was just wondering if you would like the trade if it was possible. I was just wondering.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
With the acquistion of Andre Miller, what would the Clippers do with Crawford. I'm own of JC's biggest supporters, and even I don't believe that he is worth Maggette, Dooling, and Marvin Ely. But to answer your question, yes, I'd make that trade in a heart beat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Back to the original trade I think the Best we could do would be JC for Maggette.

But the clips have Miller,Dooling and Jaric at PG already and Richardson,Piatkowski(last season's starter) at SG already. So it solves nothing for them. Plus they will not trade ELY until they figure out what to do with Kandi. I think they want both Wilcox and Ely to team with kandi/Brand just in case they decide not to pay one.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
troll

Originally posted by dirty bruce
jamal crawford = emanuel davis
Dirty Bruce=basketballboards.net troll.

Take a look at this guys history of posting. All he does is go around to various boards and make ridiculous comparisons.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Was that trade proposed before they got Andre Miller?

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
A few things need to be set straight in here Marcus Fizer AND Jamal Crawford were offered for Mike Miller, not Mike Miller was offered for Jamal Crawford. If the Bulls want to trade Crawford, they wouldn't get much more than a 2nd pick right now. Maggette is worth more than Crawford, and so is Ely, Dooling is in a similar predicament to Crawford. Dooling and Crawford are both guys who had injuries their 2nd year that lowered their value, but NBA GMs like Dooling more because of his athleticism. Jerry West likes Dooling more than Stro Swift, although that doesn't say much it indicates some trade value. So even if Ely AND Maggette AND Dooling for Crawford worked cap-wise, it would be traded Crawford for more than 3 times his value. The Bulls should trade Crawford but it should be as a filler in a trade that gets rid of Fizer.....and Bullsfans please don't get carried away with the fantasy trades like this one or ERob and Fizer for Vince Carter.:yes: .......The Bulls would have to give up more than Fizer to get Maggette, they are better off trying to work on Hassell's offense and turn him into a SG only version of Maggette.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
The Clips are just too deep in every position to make a feasible trade. They filled their one glaring need.

I think the Clips should make a trade for a veteran that has been to the play-offs. They have enough to offer. The Bulls are obviously not a team that fills that need.

The only thing that helps Crawfords trade value is the fact that there are still teams that need a PG and the fact that Jordan talked him up a lot last summer.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
A few things need to be set straight in here Marcus Fizer AND Jamal Crawford were offered for Mike Miller, not Mike Miller was offered for Jamal Crawford. If the Bulls want to trade Crawford, they wouldn't get much more than a 2nd pick right now. Maggette is worth more than Crawford, and so is Ely, Dooling is in a similar predicament to Crawford. Dooling and Crawford are both guys who had injuries their 2nd year that lowered their value, but NBA GMs like Dooling more because of his athleticism. Jerry West likes Dooling more than Stro Swift, although that doesn't say much it indicates some trade value. So even if Ely AND Maggette AND Dooling for Crawford worked cap-wise, it would be traded Crawford for more than 3 times his value. The Bulls should trade Crawford but it should be as a filler in a trade that gets rid of Fizer.....and Bullsfans please don't get carried away with the fantasy trades like this one or ERob and Fizer for Vince Carter. .......The Bulls would have to give up more than Fizer to get Maggette, they are better off trying to work on Hassell's offense and turn him into a SG only version of Maggette.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're wrong. Crawford was never offered for anyone. There were discussions about a possible trade involving Fizer and Mike Miller. But Krause scoffed at the idea of including JC in the trade. He said then, as he has on couple of occassions, that JC is virtually untouchable. Unless he was offerred something that was impossible to refuse. He said this before drafting JWill and after as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by TheGoods
A few things need to be set straight in here Marcus Fizer AND Jamal Crawford were offered for Mike Miller, not Mike Miller was offered for Jamal Crawford. If the Bulls want to trade Crawford, they wouldn't get much more than a 2nd pick right now. Maggette is worth more than Crawford, and so is Ely, Dooling is in a similar predicament to Crawford. Dooling and Crawford are both guys who had injuries their 2nd year that lowered their value, but NBA GMs like Dooling more because of his athleticism. Jerry West likes Dooling more than Stro Swift, although that doesn't say much it indicates some trade value. So even if Ely AND Maggette AND Dooling for Crawford worked cap-wise, it would be traded Crawford for more than 3 times his value. The Bulls should trade Crawford but it should be as a filler in a trade that gets rid of Fizer.....and Bullsfans please don't get carried away with the fantasy trades like this one or ERob and Fizer for Vince Carter.:yes: .......The Bulls would have to give up more than Fizer to get Maggette, they are better off trying to work on Hassell's offense and turn him into a SG only version of Maggette.
Most, if not all, of the information in this post is inaccurate. Never were Fizer and Crawford offered for Miller. Maggette is absolutely not worth more than Crawford. Take a poll of every GM in the NBA and 90% will choose Crawford over Maggette. On top of that, the Clipps would be lucky to land Fizer in place of Maggette. Fizer is a legitimate scorer who needs to work on those aspects of his game which can be taught. You can't "teach" a player how to hit shots in the fourth quarter, as Fizer has demonstrated an ability to handle. Maggette, though extremely atheletic and at times almost unstoppable, is much more inconsistent than Fizer.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Haha...You have really outdone yourself on this one, Clipperboy. Weak-*** Melvin Ely alone, worth more than Jamal Crawford? NBA GM's like Dooling more because of his athleticism? The Bulls are better of working on Hassell's offense and trying to turn him into "A SG only version of Maggette"? Gee, we can only hope... Keep drinking the Clipper Kool Aid, my friend.

Then you say the Bulls offered BOTH Crawford and Fizer for Miller? Are you John Gabriel? Evidently you are, because you seem to know more about this deal than the rest of us.

Let me enighten you on something, the idea for this thread came from the Clipper board. So don't come over here and tell Bulls fans "don't get carried away with fantasy". Let me tell you about the posters on this board. There are guys here who would make your head spin talking about basketball, this board by far has the most knowledgable posters of any board here. How many Bulls fans did you see take this thread seriously? Before you go and try to make the posters on this board look like a bunch of morons (as you did with the Vince Carter proposal), take a look around and actually read a thread before making ridiculous statements.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
If the Bulls want to trade Crawford, they wouldn't get much more than a 2nd pick right now.
lol this was such a crap sentence I stopped reading your post after I read this because I knew you were gonna be bias, TRUST me I think we could EASILY get a rd 1 pick :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wouldn't do the trade if I were the Bulls, not because of talent, but because of the salaries. Plus Maggette and Dooling would probably leave next year because of lack of playing time.

I'm hoping the Bulls can get a good free agent next year. Webber said he definitely would've checked out the Bulls last summer if they had Jalen Rose last summer. Maybe Jalen can attract some free good free agents.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts