Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The official pregame and postgame discussion thread. The friendly arguments/competitions are also in this (its a link click on it) thread.

What are your expectations?

I personaly wanna see Bruno play, not just play but get some minutes.

Its gonna be a great game, I can't wait. We always have bad luck against the Bulls. Can't wait to see some of their upcomming stars.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
think we win the matchups at sg pf and pg nobody on the bulls can cover pierce or walker. we should be able to stop their 2 young big men and imo shammond will breakout and play great on jay williams earning himself the starting job

·
Registered
297 Posts
Originally posted by <b>celticsrule0873</b>!
think we win the matchups at sg pf and pg nobody on the bulls can cover pierce or walker.
You win the sg and pf. But we win the bench, sf,c, and pg at best case for you guys is a draw.

we should be able to stop their 2 young big men and imo shammond will breakout and play great on jay williams earning himself the starting job
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: OKAY

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
we win at pg u guys have an unproven rookie pg who cant hit his free throws delk should be able to stop him and if u have watched the celtics at all in the preseason u should know that shammond is doing great (just ask aquiatus:D ) and the bulls bench is overrated

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
we win at pg u guys have an unproven rookie pg who cant hit his free throws delk should be able to stop him and if u have watched the celtics at all in the preseason u should know that shammond is doing great (just ask aquiatus ) and the bulls bench is overrated
key word: preseason.

And if you think your bigs can stop curry in the post, you are in for a bit of a suprise. I bet he drops 20 on you unless he gets into foul trouble.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
curry averages almost a foul every 4 minutes if he played the whole first half he would get at least 5 fouls and your underrating our frontcourt battie isn't bad and you never know how baker will play and about "preseason" it shows a lot in some cases shammond was doing really good against the other teams starters

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Jay is not unproven, just look at his past. Bulls win at pg. Win at SG, lost at SF and PF and win at C. That being said I think Pierce and Walker will be too much to overcome.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Oh, thanks. Wasent too sure if he was or not. Whos your starting SF then? I think you guys should move Walker to SF, Battie to PF and Walker as your C.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
this is our lineup

pg- delk s williams
sg- pierce
sf- eric williams
pf-antione
c-battie baker

we should do what you said but i we dont right now the score of the game is 14- 11 pierce is doing great

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
Oh, thanks. Wasent too sure if he was or not. Whos your starting SF then? I think you guys should move Walker to SF, Battie to PF and Walker as your C.
i think you mean we should use baker as our center?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
the celtics are up 51-45 at half pierce has 18 points but the team is missing a lot of easy shots. the refs have given the bulls 2 questionable charge calls but pierce is playing great shammond is struggling but theyre winning the 2nd half is about to start GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!

:topic: this is my 300th post :gbanana: :wbanana: :gbanana: :wbanana: :) go celtics

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
man, shammond sure tore up jwill, huh :laugh:

GO BULLS :rbanana: :rbanana: :rbanana:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First of all welcome to basketballboards.net JBone4eva. I hope you like it here.

OK now back to the game, I think it was a phathetic performance, by Paul, I can't belive what a ballhog he was in the 4th quarter. He was horrible, I know he should have gotten a million fouls when he had the ball but please Paul pass the ball. During the 2nd half he played great passed, scored, rebounded everything, but later on he shouldn't have kept the ball.
Now why the hell would Walker shoot the three when Tony Delk was WIDE open in the corner and has missed only one shot the whole night? While Walker had a horrible scoring night (like 2-9 from the 3). I can't belive it.
And why isn't Bruno getting any minutes? How about McCarty? And Baker?
Baker played great in the begining, which were his ONLY touches of the game. People are expecting Baker to step up get rebounds, and point, but without having the ball at all. We gotta do something about that.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>7thwatch</b>!
man, shammond sure tore up jwill, huh :laugh:

GO BULLS :rbanana: :rbanana: :rbanana:
I was kinda dissapointed by both PG, JWill and SWill.
How can you got 0-5 from the free throw line? I hope he'll get better as the season progresses.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I was not able to actually watch the game, but jwill's stat line was real good and I was pleased. Obviously the free throws have to improve (a lot) but overall he seemed to play very well.

You probably win if Walker hits his shots. 5-23 - ouch.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>7thwatch</b>!
I was not able to actually watch the game, but jwill's stat line was real good and I was pleased. Obviously the free throws have to improve (a lot) but overall he seemed to play very well.

You probably win if Walker hits his shots. 5-23 - ouch.
Or pass at least 5 more times... :no:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Walker loses it

For the past few seasons I have been hearing about how Walker is going to be the point on the Celtics. He is a very capable playmaker and I think he is an excellent point when he chooses to be a playmaker instead of a shot taker.

He went 5 for 23 overall and 1 for 10 from the three point line.

This is not what a point should be doing.

Horrible!!!!

Do not get me wrong. I think Walker is a tremendous talent. But he more thatn anyone has the ability to make or break the Celtics.

Look, everyone has poor shooting nights. The great players know when to stop throwing up bad shots and look to hotter players. My fear is that Walker is to far along in his career to learn this fact.

He needs to realize that it is not just him and Paul out there. Delk was hot. Baker can score down low. He needs to adjust his game and pass more when his shot is not falling.

Will he? I do not think so. This has been a frustration of mine since he has come into the NBA. I love Walker but he sure does tend to dissapoint at times.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts