Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rose showed some stiffness from the injury, suffered when All-Star teammate Dwight Howard fouled him in Wednesday's Bulls loss to the Magic.

"It was more sore than I thought, but I continued to fight through," said Rose, who was unsure if he'd practice Monday. "I should be fine. I'll keep getting treatment."
'
Rose laughed when the massive scoreboard showed him singing during a taped comedy spoof of "American Idol" where players auditioned for Boyz II Men. And, yes, Rose can hit the high C note as flawlessly as the jumper.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0215-bulls-rose-star-20100214,0,6091262.story

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
He had a good game considering his injury. His explosiveness wasnt there, and he didnt fearlessly take it to the hole, although he had two lay ups.

Overall I enjoyed watching him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
He did alright, nothing special but was kind of glad he didn't get a whole lot of game time since I'd rather him be rested for us rather then risk him getting injured even worse.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
The game was a lot more interesting with him in it than with Rondo, that's for sure. Rose got some time with Bosh and Wade - here's hoping there's more of that in the future (and not just for Team USA)...

·
Registered
45 Posts
It was definitely better when he was on the court then when Rondo was but the whole time I was more worried about him making the injury worse which is the last thing we need.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Things turned out ok.

Rose got to play -- first Bulls all-star performance in 12 years!

More importantly, he looked like he belonged. He definitely out performed Rondo, IMO.

Just him being out there was a big win for the Bulls. Players need to see that he'll be a fun guy to play ball with.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
That game gave us a glimpse of what Rose - Bosh combo would look like. And it sure was a beautiful sight. I think Rose did the right thing by playing with a pass first mentality in that game, but also aggressive enough to score 8 points (15 minutes, 4-8 FG). It's a good way to introduce himself as a PG to potential FA signing. I think Bosh looks comfortable with Rose running the point.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree. It look like Rose made it a point to look for Bosh in the paint. Hmmm...I wonder if that was the plan by Paxson?

Regardless, they really look good playing together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts