Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Houston Rockets have withdrawn their qualifying offer on Lee, making him an UFA. Moments later, the Bulls are in contact with him.

Nice move here by Gar to move in quickly and show interest. I think Lee would fit in well on this team. Young kid who is willing to play defense. Can shoot from 3pt range and also finish at the rim....

Not sure what kind of deal it would take to land him.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Heat talking Ray Allen
Nets talking Joe Johnson, Dwight Howard, Gerald Wallace and Derron Williams.
Pacers talking Eric Gordon
Bulls talking Courtney Lee.....

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Heat talking Ray Allen
Nets talking Joe Johnson, Dwight Howard, Gerald Wallace and Derron Williams.
Pacers talking Eric Gordon
Bulls talking Courtney Lee.....
You guys don't have the money to talk to any of the guys on that list. How is that not clear?

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
...and Ray Allen isn't nearly on the level of any of the other players listed. He's a lot closer to Courtney Lee at this point of his career.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Underrated move if you can pull it off - Lee played very well the last half of the season or so for Houston. Athletic, good defender with a nice outside shot.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
The Bulls are in need of adding cheap talent as we are losing a lot of our depth. Lee is not an overwhelming player, but he has proven he can be productive and play starter minutes and has some upside left to develop into a sixth man type. A clear upgrade over Ronnie Brewer and would be Rip Hamilton insurance if he can't avoid the injury bug.

(Kidd, Hinrich, Felton) / Teague / James
Rip / Lee / Butler
Deng / Korver / Butler
Boozer / Taj
Noah / Vet / Undrafted rookie.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Don't mind the idea of Courtney Lee. Not a creator which we desperately need but can hit the 3 and get out in transition and Rip isn't getting any younger. Give me Lee over Brewer any day.

·
Vocabulary Spills Im iLL!
693 Posts
Not sure what he's looking for going into next season but I think the Bulls should give Nick Young a look. Creates his own shot, can shoot from deep, plays the 2 or 3, athletic, young with upside left and could get 20ppg. Of course he isn't perfect but damn if he doesn't fill a lot of our needs.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
The Houston Rockets have withdrawn their qualifying offer on Lee, making him an UFA. Moments later, the Bulls are in contact with him.

Nice move here by Gar to move in quickly and show interest. I think Lee would fit in well on this team. Young kid who is willing to play defense. Can shoot from 3pt range and also finish at the rim....

Not sure what kind of deal it would take to land him.
Improvement on the bottom of the roster is not needed. Improvement on the top is.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Improvement on the bottom of the roster is not needed. Improvement on the top is.
Is this "improvement," so to speak? Seems more just like maintaining some depth given expected roster turnover.

I agree with the premise that a 2nd star is needed, but shitting on minor necessary roster moves just because you a pissed off is stupid.

·
Vocabulary Spills Im iLL!
693 Posts
Not sure how much Young wants but haven't seen much on rumors for him anyway..

I did see a rumor about Lee getting an offer from the Rockets in the 30 million range..

·
Ethical Hacker
485 Posts
You guys don't have the money to talk to any of the guys on that list. How is that not clear?
Goofy answer. The Lakers just traded four picks for an All Star PG in Steve Nash...and they're four lousy picks(all going to be late round). The Knicks picked up Jason Kidd. The Heat are in talks with Ray Allen. The Celtics got JET. And the Bulls are going after Fisher, Hinrich, Lee and Roy, who has no knees. brilliant.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Goofy answer. The Lakers just traded four picks for an All Star PG in Steve Nash...and they're four lousy picks(all going to be late round). The Knicks picked up Jason Kidd. The Heat are in talks with Ray Allen. The Celtics got JET. And the Bulls are going after Fisher, Hinrich, Lee and Roy, who has no knees. brilliant.
What do you want them to do? Their superstar is on the shelf for the majority of the year. Their team is built around him. They had the best records each of the past two years. I think Hinrich and Roy would be great additions to this team. Nothing to lose. And btw, Howard doesn't want to come here. Stay put until Rose returns is a good course.

·
Ethical Hacker
485 Posts
What do you want them to do? Their superstar is on the shelf for the majority of the year. Their team is built around him. They had the best records each of the past two years. I think Hinrich and Roy would be great additions to this team. Nothing to lose. And btw, Howard doesn't want to come here. Stay put until Rose returns is a good course.
You can't be serious. Have you seen Hinrich play the past couple of seasons? He's a shell of the former player he once was. And he wasn't that good to begin with. Brandon Roy is a joke. You do not recover from a degenerative knee condition by shaking your blood up and re-injecting it in your knee. I don't care how many steroids are in the needle. He was told by doctors 6 months ago he should retire because his knees couldn't stand a full 82 game season. And you want to add him to this roster of walking wounded? With Rip as his backup, that would be the weakest SG combo in the NBA. Not to mention a huge disadvantage that opponents will be able to exploit.

This team will go nowhere with Derrick Rose on the injured list. Everyone wants to belive that they can make some miracle comeback because 18 of the 50 wins came without Derrick. But no one wants to see that 32 came with him on the floor.

Somehow the Lakers found a way to get Steve Nash for 4 crappy draft picks. And you're telling me the best the Chicago Bulls can do is sit on their hands, while the Heat, Celtics, Nets, and even the stupid useless Knicks improve their rosters?

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Is this "improvement," so to speak? Seems more just like maintaining some depth given expected roster turnover.

I agree with the premise that a 2nd star is needed, but shitting on minor necessary roster moves just because you a pissed off is stupid.
Why is it necessary?

What are we playing for this coming season? Nothing. So why is it necessary to make sure we "maintain depth"? So we can get 45 wins instead of 38? If Courtney Lee is going to help this team get to the Finals, great. If not, it's being competitive for competitive sake, which is why we signed Luol Deng in the first place in 08 instead of just letting this be Rose's team (where his 2nd and 3rd fiddle would be younger than him) from day one, a la the Thunder.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts