Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago trades: PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 20.9 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (12.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.8 minutes)
Chicago receives: PF Etan Thomas (4.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.1 apg in 13.2 minutes)
SG Richard Hamilton (20.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.7 apg in 35.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.7 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

Washington trades: PF Etan Thomas (4.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.1 apg in 13.2 minutes)
SG Richard Hamilton (20.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.7 apg in 35.0 minutes)
Washington receives: PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 23 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (12.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 76 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.7 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Jordan loves Craw and Rich Hamilton is not in the Wizards plans:
http://www.realgm.com/src_goaltending.php?articleid=20

The Bulls need a sg AND I think both teams get a good deal

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I would be really surprised to see this happen. I don't believe for a minute that Washington is willing to write Hamilton out of their plans for the future, and I think the trade is very lopsided in Chicago's favor at this point. I'd like to see Crawford in Washington, but not at that price.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
This trade is even more lop-sided than that Sam Cassell trade idea. One word for this trade...No!

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you were the Bulls you just wouldn't be able to pass it up. I've heard Rip wants an extension, but that the Wizards want to go after a free agent in 2003. If they want to go for that free agent they may do this trade. But I doubt it. Jordan has shown a lot of interest in Jamal Crawford.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I really think that Both teams might do that cause Fizer if he starts he will get atleast 16 and 7 and Crawford can get like 11 6 9 if he got a crack at the startin good and Hamilton is not even in the Wizard future plans atleast i dont think he is with them havin Jared Jeffries..So it is really even for both teams

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Eventhough Jordan loves Crawford and Rip isn't in their long-term plan. A good GM simply wouldn't trade Rip for two unproven commodities. This trade is absolutely lopsided!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I don't know...

Richard Hamilton? Why would the BULLS want to do this deal? RICHARD HAMILTON?

Why not go after Mike Miller? Would the Magic trade Miller straight up for Marcus Fizer? I THINK THEY WOULD! Here's what Orlando looks like (I still think they'll get Keon Clark with the full mid-level exception sometime VERY SOON) after that deal:

Starting lineup

PG Darrell Armstrong (28 minutes/game)
SG Tracy McGrady (40 minutes/game)
SF Grant Hill (32 minutes/game)
PF Horace Grant (24 minutes/game)
C Keon Clark (32 minutes/game)

Key bench players: Pat Garrity (24 minutes/game), Marcus Fizer (24 minutes/game), Jacque Vaughn (20 minutes/game), Andrew DeClercq (16 minutes/game)

End of the bench (no PT): Steven Hunter, Ryan Humphrey, Jerryl Sasser

What else can the Bulls do, besides trade Fizer for Miller? How about Jamal Crawford and filler (Fred Hoiberg) to Washington for Popeye Jones in a sign-and-trade (MJ doesn't want or need Popeye signed to a longterm deal, does he?)? And THEN, how about sign Rodney Rogers to part or all of the mid-level exception (whatever it takes)? Here's what the Bulls would look like in 2002-03 AND in 2003-04 (not including whoever they get in the 2003 draft, of course):

Starting lineup

PG Jason Williams (36 minutes/game)
SG Jalen Rose (36 minutes/game)
SF Mike Miller (32 minutes/game)
PF Tyson Chandler (24 minutes/game)
C Eddy Curry (24 minutes/game)

Key bench players: Trenton Hassell (24 minutes/game), Rodney Rogers (24 minutes/game), Popeye Jones (24 minutes/game), Eddie Robinson (16 minutes/game)

End of the bench (no PT): Dalibor Bagaric, Roger Mason, Lonny Baxter

Now isn't THAT a MUCH BETTER Bulls team than whatever you'd be looking at after trading for RICHARD HAMILTON? Isn't THAT Bulls team a legitimate contender for the #8 playoff spot in 2002-03? I think so! Why not? What's not to like?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I take it you dont like Rip. Well stats dont lie, Rip is better than Miller. This is a lopsided trade yes, but not for the bulls. The Wiz get screwed. Rip is a potential all star, he just needs to learn defence. Hes a great scorer. He just needs to focus on other aspects of the game. Jerry Crause may be stupid, but not stupid enough to take Mike Miller over Rip Hamilton

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
I take it you dont like Rip. Well stats dont lie, Rip is better than Miller. This is a lopsided trade yes, but not for the bulls. The Wiz get screwed. Rip is a potential all star, he just needs to learn defence. Hes a great scorer. He just needs to focus on other aspects of the game. Jerry Crause may be stupid, but not stupid enough to take Mike Miller over Rip Hamilton
The thing is, Rip will be a restricted free agent next summer, he won't get a max offer from anybody but he'll get some good ones, probably in the $7-$9 mil/year (to start) range. I don't think the Bulls need to be paying a one-dimensional guy like Hamilton that kind of money--didn't they already try that with Ron Mercer?

Miller would be cheaper, he's a much MUCH better perimeter shooter, he's a better rebounder, and he'd only cost them Marcus Fizer, not Fizer AND Jamal Crawford. They could then trade Crawford for the veteran inside player they need (Popeye Jones). Miller and Popeye seem to help this team out a lot more than Rip all by himself. Richard Hamilton just isn't a very good NBA player--he's a pretty good scorer, but that's all he can really do. He's just not my kind of player.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is no chance in hell the Wizards will do this. Richard Hamilton is an automatic 20ppg scorer and Etan Thomas is an up-and-coming big man. I know Jordan was interested in Craw, but original talks were Courtney Alexander for J-Craw straight-up. Why would the Wizards give up their best and most consistent player who is even supposedly improving his strength a lot over the summer, for a bust and an unproven point guard. You must be a huge bulls fan.

edit - By the way, Rip and Jalen Rose would never co-exist, they have hated eachother for about a year now.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TerpSam</b>!
There is no chance in hell the Wizards will do this. Richard Hamilton is an automatic 20ppg scorer and Etan Thomas is an up-and-coming big man. I know Jordan was interested in Craw, but original talks were Courtney Alexander for J-Craw straight-up. Why would the Wizards give up their best and most consistent player who is even supposedly improving his strength a lot over the summer, for a bust and an unproven point guard. You must be a huge bulls fan.

edit - By the way, Rip and Jalen Rose would never co-exist, they have hated eachother for about a year now.
What? Rose and Rip hate each other? How do you know this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Wizards are fine. NO DEAL. They already dealt Courtney Alexander, and they have rising star Larry Hughes at point with Juan Dixon to back him up. Dixon looked good in summer league. And Rip is their only star at the moment (yes, there's Jordan, but he's not exactly in the Wizards long term plans to score 20 ppg in 5 years, is he?), with Hughes up and coming and Kwame up and coming. I think the Bulls should have drafted Tyson Chandler. I thought that all along, and look at Kwame versus Chandler last year. I don't have the stats but I know Chandler scored more and blocked more shots, and got more PT.

What was stupid was the Wizards chasing after Devin George. They're loaded with mediocre+ players at 3, 4 and 5 but no stars.
They're not gonna get much better finishing just shy of the playoffs. They need a lower pick than 12 or 11 (7 or 8, maybe? Than again, 10 was good enough to land Butler). I can't see why the Wizards didn't deal the 11 pick and a vet at forward (Laetner or Popeye) to get Caron Butler. C'mon, Caron will adapt instantly and be a star. Also, Make sure the Wizards are ready for Richard Jefferson/Kenyon Martin when they go into the FA market. The nets are gonna be SO GOOD NEXT YEAR. They had no FA, and they still got an ok draft. They traded for Mt. Mutombo, and Richard Jefferson will be the next Shawn Marion, but one who can shoot and pass and play PG if he has to.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I dont know about Jefferson being as good at Matrix. Actualy I do know, I know that he wont be as good. Jefferson will be a great player, yes. But Marion will be an allstar either next year or the year after.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thank You!!

Originally posted by <b>Andrew</b>!
What are you guys smokin Rips not on the Wizards. DO you mean Stack.
Finally somebeody said something!! I thought I lost my damn mind. What is this the Matrix or something?

This trade wouldn't just be interesting, it would be GROUNDBREAKING!! The first trade to involve a player from a team other than the two making the deal!!

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Thank you Andrew! Finally!

Whoa, I thought I was going crazy! Where did all of this Hamilton and the Wizards stuff come from? Did any watch the playoffs? Detroit - New Jersey

I kept waiting for the joke and no one was pointing this out. Finally "Andrew" did!

·
Registered
158 Posts
These old posts are hilarious. Wiz fans dissed this trade 'cause its too lopsided in favor of the Bulls.

Now, its a trade that rapes the Bulls.

·
Jib and thrust
7,501 Posts
Re: Thank you Andrew! Finally!

Originally posted by <b>Fergus</b>!
Whoa, I thought I was going crazy! Where did all of this Hamilton and the Wizards stuff come from? Did any watch the playoffs? Detroit - New Jersey

I kept waiting for the joke and no one was pointing this out. Finally "Andrew" did!

There was no joke. Andrew didn't look at the date of the thread. This thread was done back BEFORE Rip was traded. Look at the date on the first post. That should explain it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts