Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones has agreed to restructure his contract, potentially saving the team $15 million over the next three seasons, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Thursday night.

The deal would reduce Jones' 2006 salary from $17 million to $11 million.

According to Jones' agent, B.B. Abbott, the new contract would pay Jones $11 million guaranteed in 2007 and 2008. It also includes a $4 million signing bonus to be paid in January, and an option for 2009 worth between $8 million and $11 million, depending on performance incentives in the previous year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2227833

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Super classy guy. The Braves better do everything possible to make sure he only plays for one team in his career.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
TM said:
Super classy guy. The Braves better do everything possible to make sure he only plays for one team in his career.
Eh, I guess.

But he needs to move over soon, because the Marte is ready to be unleashed. :banana:

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
I'm reconsidering my opinion now that i've heard the whole deal... so he's "sacrificing" but the team will end up paying him later plus they'll have to pay him interest, which will obviously hurt them $-wise later on... and you're right - the longer he stays around, the longer Marte has to wait. Or worse, the greater the chances get of them trading him away.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don't think Marte is ready offfensively yet.

P

·
0 Posts
nice avatar ghost. and master...good to see another nets fan.

this is like what shaq did in miami, instead of taking $30 he opted out of that contract and took another for 20 million, 5 years...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts