Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its really good, and its on right now. Ron is so entertaining. I think I just heard them say that Ron was working at Circuit City while he was waiting to be picked up by another team, bwahaha. He also said that the summer when MJ was working out to comeback he was killing everyone, and if he hadn't accidently broke his ribs, he would have easily averaged 30 ppg again.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Thats the best thing about Artest, he does not back down from anybody....

He doesnt care if you're the greatest player who ever played the game, if you make fun of how much money he's making, he'll break your ribs even if its just a pick-up game. :laugh:

· Rip City
21,401 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this interview. And Artest has spoken about MJ's comeback to the public before. I belive the interview I saw Ron do was with John Salley on Fox. He said that Jordan at age 39-40 would of dominated the entire NBA and drop 40 points a night on the league if he didn't get injured. Artest was saying that's how well Jordan was playing against Artest/And others during the summer of his comeback.

· Banned
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
23AJ said:
Looking forward to seeing this interview. And Artest has spoken about MJ's comeback to the public before. I belive the interview I saw Ron do was with John Salley on Fox. He said that Jordan at age 39-40 would of dominated the entire NBA and drop 40 points a night on the league if he didn't get injured. Artest was saying that's how well Jordan was playing against Artest/And others during the summer of his comeback.
Yup, that's my idol, lol. Dude was a god in sneakers. Even at 40 years old, dropping 53 on the nets was INCREDIBLE.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
23AJ said:
He said that Jordan at age 39-40 would of dominated the entire NBA and drop 40 points a night on the league if he didn't get injured. Artest was saying that's how well Jordan was playing against Artest/And others during the summer of his comeback.
Ron gving his props and playing his part...But its all speculations of course and nothing wrong with that, but MJ simply cannot dominate the way he did when he was a Bull. Time simply caught up to him, nothing he can do about it.

· Banned
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KOBEDUNKEDONSHAQ said:
Ron gving his props and playing his part...But its all speculations of course and nothing wrong with that, but MJ simply cannot dominate the way he did when he was a Bull. Time simply caught up to him, nothing he can do about it.
Well actually, it was that rib injury (which is a major injury) that which set him back about a good 3-4 months to keep the level of play up in which he was having. He then after those 3-4 months had to concentrate on healing, then stamina, then lastly his game. So it took quite a bit off where he would of been. Not to mention he was 39, and it takes awhile to recover from an injury when you're young let alone 39 going on 40. It really isn't speculation. It's truth. Ron spoke of a certain NBA star in which he was absolutely dominating in the Hoops gym where they have open runs during the summer. Jamal Crawford has talked about how vintage he was playing while in those games. Others have commented on it as well, like Mike Finely, Juan Howard, Jerry Stackhouse and others. It isn't speculation, he was in his 1998 era form (which would have been the best player in the league) in the summer of 2001.

· Rip City
21,401 Posts
KOBEDUNKEDONSHAQ said:
Hence why Artest said before MJ's injury. No fan's got that luxury to see MJ play in that situation. We all saw MJ come back to the NBA after his injury. I'll take Artests word. Artest says it like he see's it.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
The MAMBA said:
It really isn't speculation. It's truth. .
The truth?..that MJ at age 39 can average 40 a night? I love MJ so much, but If MJ in his prime can only produce 37ppg, what logic do we have if we're going to believe that MJ can average 40 points a night at age 39.

MJ is the greatest player ever but c'mon guys...

· Registered
4,411 Posts
23AJ said:
I'll take Artests word. Artest says it like he see's it.
Yeah he does..he also said that Indiana is better off trading him only to say a few weeks later that he wants to be a Pacer (OK maybe that was his agent speaking.). Even MJ said it himself, he cannot be expected to do the things he did as a Bull, he was there to help the young kids play and elevate their game in Basketball.

· What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,598 Posts
From what I remember... Artest wasn't working at Circuit City... It was that (this is at a time when he has a multi-million dollar contract) he was shopping for a TV, and tried to get employed at Circuit City so he could get a discount. But correct me if I'm wrong.

· Banned
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
S-Star said:
From what I remember... Artest wasn't working at Circuit City... It was that (this is at a time when he has a multi-million dollar contract) he was shopping for a TV, and tried to get employed at Circuit City so he could get a discount. But correct me if I'm wrong.
He ended up explaining how his roomate worked there, and he was bored so he applied for a job there.

· Rip City
21,401 Posts
KOBEDUNKEDONSHAQ said:
Yeah he does..he also said that Indiana is better off trading him only to say a few weeks later that he wants to be a Pacer (OK maybe that was his agent speaking.). Even MJ said it himself, he cannot be expected to do the things he did as a Bull, he was there to help the young kids play and elevate their game in Basketball.
The thing is. Artest is still saying it after how many years ? Doesn't seem like something Artest would continue to lie or carry on about if it wasn't true. By the way when Artest said this about MJ the first time around. Nobody was questioning Artest being an honest guy or not. Also I don't see how demanding a trade, and saying the Pacers would be better with out him, means anything Artest says about guys he plays basketball with is a lie. Seems to me you believe that fighting with NBA fans, and demanding a trade makes you a liar. I however disagree with that, and believe Artest mean't what he said not only once, but several times through out the years.

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Artest is crazy. Why on earth would you take anything of what he says to be god's honest truth? Remember when he said he wanted to play in Cleveland because he would have no problem backing up Lebron James? Ron just says crazy ****ing **** all the time. And his appraisal of other players is ALWAYS glowing. When he played against Melo and Bron their rookie years in a charity game, I think he pretty much annointed them as the GOAT. Ron will just say **** to hear himself say ****.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
23AJ said:
The thing is. Artest is still saying it after how many years ? Doesn't seem like something Artest would continue to lie or carry on about if it wasn't true. .
You need to go back and read my statement again, this time word for word...I have never said Artest is a liar. If i did, then please quote it and Ill ban myself from posting on this board. Cant find any? then please dont put words into my mouth.

23AJ said:
By the way when Artest said this about MJ the first time around. Nobody was questioning Artest being an honest guy or not. Also I don't see how demanding a trade, and saying the Pacers would be better with out him, means anything Artest says about guys he plays basketball with is a lie. Seems to me you believe that fighting with NBA fans, and demanding a trade makes you a liar. I however disagree with that, and believe Artest mean't what he said not only once, but several times through out the years.
Again, stop jumping into conclusions, Artest said it ....just take it with a grain of salt, it is what is it. If you belive MJ is capable of dropping 40 points a night at the age of 39 acording to Ron Artest then more power to you.

Not being a hard *** just have to defend myself when you start assuming and just automatically start perceiving what I think of him.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
futuristxen said:
Artest is crazy. Why on earth would you take anything of what he says to be god's honest truth? Remember when he said he wanted to play in Cleveland because he would have no problem backing up Lebron James? Ron just says crazy ****ing **** all the time. And his appraisal of other players is ALWAYS glowing. When he played against Melo and Bron their rookie years in a charity game, I think he pretty much annointed them as the GOAT. Ron will just say **** to hear himself say ****.
WERD thank you.

· Registered
429 Posts
usually when i go to youtube.com and search a players name, i get mixtapes and highleet reels. this is not the case when i search for artest, i search artest and see nba brawls, and linkin park - one step closer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.