Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
the hall of fame should've been for a select few. Bosh may have a typical allstar resume but it amazes me how he might be in the same sentence as the Jordans, Birds, and Magics. Ralph Sampson's induction was a head scratcher.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
My opinion: This is something a player should ONLY say once he's actually *in* - an absolute retire-today lock.

Chris Bosh? Not there.

Now - I do feel Chris Bosh is a 90% Hall of Famer. The reason is: his willingness to back off of his own numbers to get a ring shows there is a massive chance that, in Miami or not, he'll win probably 2 more rings. If he has to he'll go somewhere and be a first big off of the bench down the road. Put that together with the numbers he put up in Toronto and his obviously integral role in Miami's Lebron ring? He'll be in the Hall of Fame. End of story.

Now, I will also state: I agree with anybody that thinks basketball's hall is far too easy to gain access to.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
Just cozen up to a guy after practice and ask him 20 questions then take his honest opinion on something and try to pass it for a story. I guess some people eat that shit up, so there's a market for it.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Just cozen up to a guy after practice and ask him 20 questions then take his honest opinion on something and try to pass it for a story. I guess some people eat that shit up, so there's a market for it.
I guess I'm not seeing the problem with asking a guy questions and then writing a story about his answers... it has only been going on for the entire history of reporting...

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
bosh qualifies for heat player immunity, everybody knows that

meanwhile hall of fame? really? not even a little close

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
bosh qualifies for heat player immunity, everybody knows that

meanwhile hall of fame? really? not even a little close
Not even close? I don't think you really believe that

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My opinion: This is something a player should ONLY say once he's actually *in* - an absolute retire-today lock.

Chris Bosh? Not there.

Now - I do feel Chris Bosh is a 90% Hall of Famer. The reason is: his willingness to back off of his own numbers to get a ring shows there is a massive chance that, in Miami or not, he'll win probably 2 more rings. If he has to he'll go somewhere and be a first big off of the bench down the road. Put that together with the numbers he put up in Toronto and his obviously integral role in Miami's Lebron ring? He'll be in the Hall of Fame. End of story.

Now, I will also state: I agree with anybody that thinks basketball's hall is far too easy to gain access to.
Pretty much the truth. Was at the HOF in September. Was surprised at some of the entries.

The HOF makes itself relevant by adding people every year. That's part of the problem.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the hall of fame should've been for a select few. Bosh may have a typical allstar resume but it amazes me how he might be in the same sentence as the Jordans, Birds, and Magics. Ralph Sampson's induction was a head scratcher.
QFT.

I think after visiting all of the HOFs this past Summer that all are not created equal. I guess that's why distinctions are now made between "1st ballot" HOFers and the rest of the crowd.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Not even close? I don't think you really believe that
let's see, a career 19-9 guy who has made one appearance on any all-nba team, didnt have a particularly distinguished college career (one season) and whose best claim to fame is being a #3 on a title team....? no you're right, that's a mortal lock

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
QFT.

I think after visiting all of the HOFs this past Summer that all are not created equal. I guess that's why distinctions are now made between "1st ballot" HOFers and the rest of the crowd.
first of all the NBA should have it's own hall of fame separate from the Naismith - then you'd have a much cleaner selection process with much simpler criteria

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
QFT.

yeah

I don't understand bball reference's HOF calculations. They have Nash's HOF probability lower than Bosh.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Definitely not first ballot but it wouldn't surprise me if he made it in eventually especially if Miami ends up winning multiple titles. When it's over he'll likely have around 20k points, 8k rebounds, 10+ all star appearances, and titles.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If Chris Bosh's season ended tomorrow he would not go into the HOF.

However if he were to die before he retired and died tragically then yes he would go into the HOF.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts