Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Chris Bosh vs. Amare Stoudamire - Game Thread

1K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  speedythief 
#1 ·
I've noticed that these two players have been compared a lot lately, not for the similarities in their games but more along the lines of "who will be better in the future?" and stuff like that. These two are obviously two big men who have bright futures ahead of them.

Well, they play each other tonight head to head on national TV(TNT). So we should get to see how they compare against each other.

Leave comments about the game and the matchup.

#2 ·
Amare already dunked on Bosh, later spinned on Bosh went up and over him for the and1 from 8 feet that put Bosh on the bench with foul trouble.

Jake Voshkul is guarding Chris Bosh however most of the time.

#5 ·
Yea, Amare had that nice little jumper on Bosh. The Amare dunk wasnt on Bosh though.

Bosh also had that nice offensive rebound where he got it and upfaked and dunked after Amare bit on the fake. Bosh had that midrange jumper over Voshkuhl as well.

Amares got 7 pts, 1 reb on 5 shots. Bosh has 4 points, 2 rebs on 3 shots in a few less minutes because of the foul trouble.

Its been pretty even so far between them, other players are dominating the game.

#6 ·
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
Besides that is still Amare Stoudemire and not Stoudamire.
I noticed that when they showed Amares name on the TV, my bad.

#8 ·
It sucks that Bosh has to guard Amare and the Suns have the luxury of putting someone else on Bosh.

Toronto has nobody on the inside.

#10 ·
Well, Amares not playing particularly well, and we havent seen much of Bosh because of fouls. Hopefully the 2nd half is more promising for these guys.

Joe Johnson and Mopete are putting on a show though.

#11 ·
Amare has missed his jumpers that he usually makes. Not really bad game.
He got 11 already.

Looks a little rusty and only had like 2 full practices in the last 2 month or so.

#12 ·
Considering hes playing against a frontline of Archibald and Baxter, he should be lighting them up. It wouldnt be a bad game if it was against Shaq and Malone.

Either way, not a bad game for Amare. Hes just not playing as good as he should be.

#13 ·
Amare needs to start getting better position down low.. he's missed 4 12 footers already.. Toronto's front line is so small, Voskuhl looks like an all-star out there.

Hopefully Bosh will stay out of foul trouble in the second half.

#15 · (Edited)
Maybe it is the headband. I remember Marion playing terribly everytime he wore a headband.
For example when Majerle retired and the entire team was wearing them.

Amare is missing an unusual amount of shots tonight that he usually makes even a lot of layups, looks pretty rusty still.

Though D'Antoni says it is because he hasn't practiced with the team which makes it tough because they play totally different than before Amare sit out.

#16 ·
Bosh looks very rusty as well. Hes not as involved or in rhythm as he was in the other few games I've seen him. I just realized this is Bosh's first game back since injury so it makes sense.

Mopete is on fire though damn.

#17 ·
Amare missed 2 straight layups at the beginning of the third otherwise he would be 8-15, 21pts right now.

Though this is worse than his usual games.

#18 ·
I think the Suns are simply more worried about other players more than Bosh.

It is not like Bosh will beat you.
So, how does the world look with those blinders on?

haha, i see your later comments showed that you know Amare isn't god, so yeah, i'll let you off the hook. But you seriously need to be able to see that Bosh has just as bright a future as Amare.

#21 ·
Yea Amares had the better game tonight, simply because he was a factor and Bosh wasnt. Bosh looked real out of it tonight, I dont know if thats the rookie wall or the injury. Most likely the injury since its his first game back. Neither guys had GOOD games though.

#22 ·
To be serious, from the way Raps build their team in tghe short run, Raps needs Amare more than Bosh. Amare is so physical gifted. I like how he can finish the play with authority, I think Bosh maybe better at getting a shot off now, but Amare is more phsyical and is ready to contribute as our starting PF if we can get him.

For long run, Bosh could be on a team as a creator on a team while Amare can actually contribute on a championship team as a garbage man or a finisher if with a consistent outside shot.

#23 · (Edited)
Perfect game why Phoenix is losing. Aside from maybe tanking.

They are the youngest team in the NBA, they don't know how to finish games and they definately need to gel offensively and defensively.

Still Amare has 23 points even with the blown layups and foul trouble.

#24 ·
How about Marshall? 18th double double of the season.

Rose was a THROW IN in the Davis deal.

#25 ·
That offensive foul on Amare looked like BS. Way to get a player out of the game with his 5th foul on such a call.
Get off of his ****in ****. Vince's feet were planted before he charged into him so therefore, it's an offensive foul. Do you not understand at all?. FACE THE FACTS, FACE REALITY: AMARE IS NOT A PERFECT PLAYER.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.