Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some quotes from today's Toronto Star on Chris Bosh:

• "He's an unbelievable young man," coach Sam Mitchell said of Bosh. "He knows how important he is to our team. We want him to play hard, play smart and be aggressive."
  • "He keeps getting better and better almost every game," said Morris Peterson, who made three huge plays down the stretch to save the win. "He shows he wants to step up every night.
  • "I just want him to be aggressive and attack the basket," said Mitchell of the second-year star. "When he does that, it opens up that 15-foot jump shot and he was making them tonight."

In my opinion, we have yet to see the real potential of Chris Bosh. The improvement he's made from last year (+5.0 PPG, +1.4 RPG) is just the beginning to this guy's career.

For next year I can see him easily putting down 18-20 points per game and even possibly reaching that 10 rebounds per game plateau.

Do you think its reaching too high in thinking Bosh can be a 20-10 guy next season? I don't think he's too far off, especially if he trains properly in the off-season.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Slasher said:
Do you think its reaching too high in thinking Bosh can be a 20-10 guy next season? I don't think he's too far off, especially if he trains properly in the off-season.

I definately think that there is a good chance that Bosh can be a 20 10 player next season.
Ever since the Vince Carter trade, he's stepped up, and has displayed the leadership skills that you'd expect from your franchise player.
Since the trade, he's been averaging something like 18 PPG and over 9 RPG, so I definately think he can be a 20 10 player.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Edit: Changed my mind.

I think 20/10 is a bit much for someone who is still learning to use his body. He really needs to develop a better back-to-the-basket game and he needs to add a lot of strength.

I see his season being somewhere around the 18/9 range.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
I predicted early this season that Bosh would be a 20 and 10 player next year.
He's going to keep getting stronger and increasing his skill set but it's the game experiences that have opened up for him in Toronto that will make him an elite power forward.

Man I'd love to put a guy like Marvin Williams next to a guy like Chris Bosh.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
i think he is going to be a 18 & 8 player, i said that he was going to be a 16 & 7 player this year and i think im right

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Bosh stays inside the arc but he might be the closest thing to Dirk Nowistki in the league right now with his size, shot, and driving ability.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
It's funny how early on this season people saying that he'd never be a Kevin Garnett or a Jermaine O'Neal, and some were even labelling him as a bust.
If we had traded Vince Carter before the season started, Bosh would have been in the All Star Game guarenteed.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It's definitely a possibility IMO.

Since the VC trade, he has really stepped his game up a notch, and has had some very spectacular nights. His teammates and coach really trust his abilities, and as long as he gets his fair share of shots each night, I don't see how he can' become at least a 20ppg scorer as early as next year.

·
Registered
217 Posts
As it is, Bosh is playing like a 20-10 guy. With any luck at all, we should have a better supporting cast for him next year - that should open up the court and let him really take charge. I think a 20-10 season next year is a very reasonable projection for him - he's just developed so incredibly quickly...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
^thats a good way to put it. He plays 'like' a 20/10 player now, and should next season too.

if he doesn't get 20ppg it will likely be due to Jalen and Rafer again. I have a feeling Rafer will be gone by the deadline next year. Hopefully a GM somewhere falls in love with his empty stats

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i am gonna go out on a limb and say...he will be a 20/10 guy next year....Bosh has been defying everything we have been saying about him ever since he got here....we said it would take time for him to beocme the player he is today...and he already is...he will be even more vocal next year, and he knows its his team..and he will step it up another notch....and go all out for us next year...

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TheATLien said:
I think he can average 26-28PPG/11-13RPG/1-2BPG/3-4APG. Stud.
You're just saying that because you saw the dunk against your Hawks last game :p.

If the Raps play a team game, which they will with so many talented offensive players (Rose, Bonner, MoPete, Rafer, etc.) there is no way that Bosh will average more than 22 PPG.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
TheATLien said:
I think he can average 26-28PPG/11-13RPG/1-2BPG/3-4APG. Stud.
That could happen sometime, but not next year.

Bosh will be a 20/10, or atleast 19/9 player next year. I guarantee it... as long as nothing serious goes wrong for him.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Bosh stats in 2005-2006

78 GS, 78 GP, 38.7 MPG, 20.5 PPG, 10.6 RPG, 1.8 BPG, 2.7 APG, 1.2 SPG

Will improve in every category

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
Bosh stats in 2005-2006

80 GS, 80 GP, 37.2 MPG, 24.1 PPG, 14.5 RPG, 2.1 BPG, 1.9 APG, .93 SPG

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Slasher said:
You're just saying that because you saw the dunk against your Hawks last game :p.

If the Raps play a team game, which they will with so many talented offensive players (Rose, Bonner, MoPete, Rafer, etc.) there is no way that Bosh will average more than 22 PPG.
Not just the dunk, I saw the entire game. First time I've seen Bosh play since college, and he looks really, really good. It's amazing how money his J is this early in his career.

Bonner, Peterson, Alston.. Come on, you know better. Those are scrubs, and you know it. Rose is a nice complimentary player, but I really doubt he'll still be on this team by the time Bosh is in his prime.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TheATLien said:
Not just the dunk, I saw the entire game. First time I've seen Bosh play since college, and he looks really, really good. It's amazing how money his J is this early in his career.
You guys have a few future superstars as well in Josh Childress and Josh Smith. Should be fun to watch the Hawks next year with Al, the two Joshes, and the players they're able to get from the draft.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts