Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ny Post today says Childs may sign as early as today or by the end of the week to be a backup to Jason Kidd. This is a great move by the Nets. Childs has his moments and he wont be asked to do a whole lot just hold the fort while Kidd rests and Childs is capable of doing that. He drove me nuts sometimes when he played for the Knicks But he is a good defender and plays with intensity and passion. You are gonna have to deal with his boneheaded turnovers and whining to the officials constantly but overall this is a great move for the Nets.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Also Childs can offer his 3 pt. shooting ability. Always nice to have a 3 pt. shooter off of the bench. Childs is a good fit but I am interested to see how he will do with reduced minutes (about 10 a game i heard). This has to be a big adjustment for him.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I would not be too happy in getting Chris Childs.

I've watched him daily in the last 3 years in Toronto and he is not a player that will make your team get any more wins.

He is a very very hot and cold shooter. His 3 pt % is not good at all. He crys alot to refs.

But he does play solid D and in the playoffs he truly steps up. He is also not afraid of taking the big shot.

He will be a solid Back up to Kidd. But I would not expect anything more then that.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by Shadows
He will be a solid Back up to Kidd. But I would not expect anything more then that.
That's all we really want from him... a guy who will play solid defense, and not be a liability when he's in for his 10-15 minutes a game.

Obviously, when Kidd's not in the game the Nets won't be as good... but I'm much, much, much more comfortable with playing Childs when Kidd isn't in the game, versus playing Anthony Johnson or Harris/Kittles together.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Originally posted by BBallFan

That's all we really want from him... a guy who will play solid defense, and not be a liability when he's in for his 10-15 minutes a game.

Obviously, when Kidd's not in the game the Nets won't be as good... but I'm much, much, much more comfortable with playing Childs when Kidd isn't in the game, versus playing Anthony Johnson or Harris/Kittles together.

Yeah, all that the Nets need from Childs is decent play. When Kidd's sitting out, they need somebody to help them on O and on D, so the point gap wpn't grow too large.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts