Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people who follow the Raptors we have come to except him as one our team leaders. A player who can start at pg during the playoffs and succeed with a sometimes depleted, or even playoff scared line-up.

One thing is forsure, and thats that the should resign him and keep him as the back-up pg if they do decide to go pg shopping.

People may still have a bitter thought about they way the last play of our season went down and how Childs should have atleast taken a balanced shot, but I still believe he is one of the veteran leaders on this team and should be back next season.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
I saw that last play, and I have to believe Childs thought there was much less time on the clock than there was. He's smarter than that, at least I think he is.

He had plenty of time to get a MUCH BETTER shot than that. I don't know if he was interviewed about that afterwards and what he said about it, but that's what I think must have happened.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hard to say what he was thinking, but I think he was trying for the foul and when the defender stepped out of the way he knew he made the wrong decision.

Wasn't the smartest play, but then again I think Lenny should have called a time-out to draw up a play.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Chris Childs has always been an excellent playoff performer especially in his New York Knicks days he came off the bench for Charlie Ward and sometimes was even the #1 guy on offense that's how good he was sometimes. I like the guy, but what he did about him not knowing the score was completelly ignorant. :eek:

Childs should be kept, he's a key member on your team and has way too much playoff experience to let go. He's a very good defender and is like an energizer bunny of the bench most of the times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts