Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He really struggled during the first two months of the season, but since Jan 1st he has been rock-solid.

39 games (25 wins, 14 losses)
28.0 min
6.6 pts
5.1 ast
3.2 reb
1.00 stl
1.51 TO
3.36/1 ast/TO
37.3% FG
36.9% 3's
76.5% FT
48.1% adj FG
Defense- Ask Allen Iverson :biggrin:

It's not like he is putting up numbers for a bad team, either.

If he keeps putting up numbers like this, and hitting clutch 3's here and there, and playing the same strong defense, and taking great care of the basketball, it's going to be awfully hard to get this guy out of the starting line-up.

If he ever starts hitting the tear-drop/giant killer/floater often enough to get his overall FG% up in the 40's, watch out Ben and Kirk.

Watch out Ben, because Duhon's play is relegating you to the 6th man role for a lot longer than you expected. Watch out Kirk because if Duhon gets his FG% up over yours, with the way he defends and passes and handles the rock, he is going to make you very expendable and (gasp!) even tradeable...

Great work, Chris. You are definitely the Bulls surprise of the year in my eyes, I just hope that as we get closer to playoff time and into the post-season you will start getting the national recognition you deserve.

I think it will be an absolute crime if Chris doesn't at least make 2nd-team all-Rookie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
At least?

That's the BEST he can do IMHO.

Gordon
Deng
Okafor
Howard

Are all LOCKS for the first team. Among the other rooks, Iggy, Chapu, and Josh Smith, all get more hype. IMHO, he's as good as them, but he is not as hyped. As such, the best he can hope for is 2nd team....
 

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
I'd be ecstatic if Duhon made the team.. I hope he gets locked up long term with the bulls ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
ballafromthenorth said:
I'd be ecstatic if Duhon made the team.. I hope he gets locked up long term with the bulls ..
I'd be ecstatic if he didn't.

The less notoriety he has, the easier it will be for us to keep him.
 

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
The Krakken said:
I'd be ecstatic if he didn't.

The less notoriety he has, the easier it will be for us to keep him.
Good call, but at the same time.. if he deserves to be on the Rookie team, one would think he deserves the additional money and recognition..I mean from a team standpoint it may be bad, in terms of the cap and whatnot. Duhon has definitely deserved a pay raise thus far, and his hard work should be rewarded with the contract and hopefully the team recognition.

It never hurts to have guys winning awards on your team. Perhaps it does in this instance, but I think in this case we gotta reward him. Maybe it would just be another sign of things to come from him.. and he will hopefully prove to be worth more money.. if necessary to sign him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
bullsville said:
He really struggled during the first two months of the season, but since Jan 1st he has been rock-solid.

39 games (25 wins, 14 losses)
28.0 min
6.6 pts
5.1 ast
3.2 reb
1.00 stl
1.51 TO
3.36/1 ast/TO
37.3% FG
36.9% 3's
76.5% FT
48.1% adj FG
Defense- Ask Allen Iverson :biggrin:

It's not like he is putting up numbers for a bad team, either.

If he keeps putting up numbers like this, and hitting clutch 3's here and there, and playing the same strong defense, and taking great care of the basketball, it's going to be awfully hard to get this guy out of the starting line-up.

If he ever starts hitting the tear-drop/giant killer/floater often enough to get his overall FG% up in the 40's, watch out Ben and Kirk.

Watch out Ben, because Duhon's play is relegating you to the 6th man role for a lot longer than you expected. Watch out Kirk because if Duhon gets his FG% up over yours, with the way he defends and passes and handles the rock, he is going to make you very expendable and (gasp!) even tradeable...

Great work, Chris. You are definitely the Bulls surprise of the year in my eyes, I just hope that as we get closer to playoff time and into the post-season you will start getting the national recognition you deserve.

I think it will be an absolute crime if Chris doesn't at least make 2nd-team all-Rookie.
Kind of shaping into a Greg Anthony type career

Hardly stellar ... but not too bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Krakken said:
At least?

That's the BEST he can do IMHO.

Gordon
Deng
Okafor
Howard

Are all LOCKS for the first team. Among the other rooks, Iggy, Chapu, and Josh Smith, all get more hype. IMHO, he's as good as them, but he is not as hyped. As such, the best he can hope for is 2nd team....
I agree with you about the 4 locks, that's why I said 'at least'. Duhon has a chance at 1st-team IMHO, but it's so slim you can't even really see it without a fairly powerful microscope.

Duhon's level of play and effect on his team is right up there with the Smiths, Iggy, Nocioni, any rookie. But IMO there is no way the voters put 3 Bulls on the 1st team. BUT, it is slightly possible, the Bulls could go 16-1 the rest of the way with Duhon averaging a double-double over the final 17 games, which would force people to vote for him.

But I won't be disappointed with 2nd-team for Duhon, that's for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,287 Posts
He won't get it, no chance. He didn't even get selected for the all rookie team. I don't think he deserves to be on the first team either. Iggy should be the 5th guy. Chris should be on the all 2nd rookie team along with Nocioni, Josh Smith, Jr Smith, and some other guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Machinehead said:
Kind of shaping into a Greg Anthony type career

Hardly stellar ... but not too bad
Good call there, if Duhon is as effective as Greg Anthony was, I wouldn't mind having him as our 4th guard for the next 15 years.

Anthony was a 40% shooter, 35% on 3's, 3/1 ast/TO ratio for his career.

That's about where Duhon is right now, as a rookie. I have a feeling he has less "upside" than any of our rookies, but I certainly expect Duhon to match Anthony's #'s and probably surpass them slightly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sloth said:
He won't get it, no chance. He didn't even get selected for the all rookie team. I don't think he deserves to be on the first team either. Iggy should be the 5th guy. Chris should be on the all 2nd rookie team along with Nocioni, Josh Smith, Jr Smith, and some other guy.
Yeah you're right, Iggy will probably be the 5th player on the list.

BUT Duhon has almost 20% of the season still to go, if he gets hot he could still beat Iggy out. Duhon would get the attention, and if he became an offensive threat, the Bulls would be very hard to beat down the stretch.

Hey, I can hope- I still go into every game hoping that the rest of the way out Eddy is going to give us 20/10 every night... And I still keep hoping that Kirk is going to start hitting over 40% all of a sudden. :biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
70,380 Posts
Jameer Nelson will get any spot over Duhon. He's playing dynamite as of late. Expect to see both Josh's from Atlanta on the 2nd team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,297 Posts
Duhon is doing great things for the Bulls, I think he trully deserves to be in the all rookie first team, but you know how it is. I dont agree that Duhon would replace Kirk for the fact that Kirk has more experience and is a million times a better performer in the fourt quarter then Duhon, i dont know what it is but duhon turns into a pumpkin in the fourth. As for Ben if hes not starting by next year look for him to be traded away, the bulls would do him no justice by sitting him for another year, Ben Gordon if starting for this team right now would easily be the leading scorer, and a 20+ scorer.
 

·
"Meow."
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
i'm a huge duhon fan but not sure if i could give him a spot on either the first or second all rookie teams. iggy's been playing great ball all season, and is a shoe in for the first team. for the second team, jr smith, josh smith, josh childress, kristic, and nelson have all been thrust into the spotlight as of late. duhon just doesn't have that "future star" cache.

that being said duhon has proven that he is already a capable second tier starter/ solid bench asset. this is more then the beloved could have ever expected from a rookie drafted in the second round. duhon plays solid consistent ball and i'm hoping he is a fixture in the red and black.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MikeDC

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
As for Ben if hes not starting by next year look for him to be traded away, the bulls would do him no justice by sitting him for another year
This is what I'm scared of.

Duhon: maybe 2nd team. 1st team over iguodala? not a chance in hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,930 Posts
He is an inspiration to us all to overcome alcoholism.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MikeDC

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TheATLien said:
Jameer Nelson will get any spot over Duhon. He's playing dynamite as of late. Expect to see both Josh's from Atlanta on the 2nd team.
Nelson has put up nice numbers as of late, true- but they are 4-9 and sinking fast since he moved into the starting line-up.

Smith is a lock, but Childress? I don't think so, he and Duhon have put up pretty similar numbers, but Duhon is doing it with a good team.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
70,380 Posts
nba.
bullsville said:
Nelson has put up nice numbers as of late, true- but they are 4-9 and sinking fast since he moved into the starting line-up.

Smith is a lock, but Childress? I don't think so, he and Duhon have put up pretty similar numbers, but Duhon is doing it with a good team.
Nelson 7.8 PPG, 2.8 APG, but recently has been starting regularly pushing Francis to SG and has been averagining 16.2 PPG, 4.8 APG, 1.67 SPG for the month of March.

Childress 8.8 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.7 APG, but has come on strong in the 2nd half of this season and is averaging 14.5 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.09 APG for the month of March.

Duhon 5.5 PPG, 4.9 APG, 2.7 RPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TheATLien said:
nba.

Nelson 7.8 PPG, 2.8 APG, but recently has been starting regularly pushing Francis to SG and has been averagining 16.2 PPG, 4.8 APG, 1.67 SPG for the month of March.

Childress 8.8 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.7 APG, but has come on strong in the 2nd half of this season and is averaging 14.5 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.09 APG for the month of March.

Duhon 5.5 PPG, 4.9 APG, 2.7 RPG
Yeah, like I said I am familiar with the numbers. It doesn't change the fact that the Magic are 4-9 since Nelson moved into the starting PG slot.

Duhon has also come on strong in the second half of the season, and Childress' nice March so far is still coming on a lousy team. Duhon has been a major contributor to a team that was 0-9 to start the season- then in game 10 Duhon moved into the starting line-up, and the Bulls are 35-22 since then.

We shall see, the voters may decide that putting up better stats in meaningless games (ATL) or games that you're team is usually losing (ORL was 28-26, they moved Nelson into the starting lineup and they are 4-9 since) is more important than playing a big role on a solid playoff team.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
70,380 Posts
Beno Udrish and Tony Allen also are contributors on good teams. Think they should be on the 2nd team, too? Atlanta has played very hard, and has most of the playoff contending teams they have faced they have played them close.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top