Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so maybe I don't believe that statement -- I just wanted to get your attention. Felton is still the best overall.

BUT....

That being said, Duhon is the RIGHT PG for the best team in the ACC.

There were many Duhon doubters on this board at the beginning of the season (you know who you are), and I think he has convincingly proved you all wrong.

The main difference in his game this year (aside from the fact that he cut out all the boozing off the court) is his confidence. Especially as the year has progressed you can see how he realizes that he's a senior, and he's seen it all and done it all.

His outside shot has started falling with greater consistency of late. He's taking it to the hole with authority. His top-notch defense is as good or better than it's ever been. His passing has been both quietly brilliant, and even not-so-quietly brilliant as he's made the highlight reels with some really spectacular passes this year.

Most importantly, he's finally come into his role as the true leader of the team. He has gotten the rest of his supporting cast working like a finely tuned machine, and it's all starting at the defensive end.

Duhon can lead this team to a title. Don't doubt it for a second. He has set the tone in Duke's most impressive wins, first against MSU and then against Texas. His seasoning and experience is really showing through and should give you some indication as to why the stability he brings can take this team all the way.

So to the Duhon-doubters... are you guys finally ready to give him some well-deserved props for his turnaround this year?

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
I totally agree. Felton is great, but I'd pick Duhon if I had to choose one for my team. He's exactly what you want in a PG - he scores when he needs to or when he's left open, he gets everyone involved, and he's one of if not the best on the ball defender, and like you said he's really leading his team. Duke plays at a different level when he's on the floor. It's nice to see him doing so well.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
He has improved I will say that much

but hes probably more of a top 4 pg in the ACC I think he and Johnny Gil are about Even with Felton, Jack, and Paul being top 3. Your preference who you like better. I personally am not that big fan of Felton. But Paul is a coaches dream. The ACC is ridiculously deep at pg. The only teams with poor gaurd play are NC State and Klempsun. Duhon is finally doing what he is supposed to have been doing, along, not a big deal but good for him.

·
Registered
112 Posts
He's a great PG for Duke, consumate leader. But if you were a GM for an NBA team, which PG from the ACC would you draft?

The correct answer is: None Of The Above

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah... I dunno.

I think Felton needs at least another year of college at this point in his life. Playing for UNC last year didn't do anything to mentally prepare him for the NBA game. He lacks the attitude that Duhon has as far as what we're talking about in this thread re: leadership/attitude. Next year he'll probably be more mature, but at this point I don't think I'd do it.

Maybe I should amend my statement... I wouldn't take either in the first round. I'd take Blake Stepp over Felton over Duhon.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Gotcha

Maybe by season's end things will be different, especially playing in this year's league. IMO, he's one of the only level headed guys on that team. He's gonna have to lead for them to go far this season.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I actually like Chris Paul best of all

Duhon is a quality defender .. probably the best in the ACC but Chris Paul tore him a new one last week and came up big defensively as well with some big clutch hustle steals

I rated Ray Felton the best up until a fortnight ago but I say Chris Paul is the man right now and that's no diss on Ray Felton who is a quality player

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
And I'll say that I haven't seen a college point take my breath away like Chris Paul in his last few outings - particularly in the win over Duke .. since Jay Williams in his Soph year

Paul was just killer .

He wanted it. Bad.

And he basically single handedly went out and got it .

This guy has stud written all over him

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would think chris paul is the best PG in the ACC....i mean look at the kid he is a one of a kind player that you get every so often...he is a freshman and he is already scoring 20-30 points in some of his games and he tore duke up for what was it 25 large?? i think.....and whoever says felton needs another year is right on!....i think the kid that will be the best in 1 or 2 years will be Johnny Gil!;) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts