Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Chris Mack and Family YouTube Video (3 min. 11 sec.)

Published on July 26, 2012 by xaviermusketeers.

Xavier head men's basketball coach Chris Mack, wife Christi, daughters Lainee and Hailee,
and a very special guest make an appearance in this video.

Lame doesn't begin to describe it.

-------------------------------------------

Lyrics (copied from the web) for those of you interested:

I threw a wish in the well,
Don't ask me, I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell,
And now you're in my way

I'd trade my soul for a wish,
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this,
But now you're in my way

Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going, baby?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

You took your time with the call,
I took no time with the fall
You gave me nothing at all,
But still, you're in my way

I beg, and borrow and steal
Have foresight and it's real
I didn't know I would feel it,
But it's in my way

Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going, baby?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so, so bad

I missed you so bad
And you should know that
I missed you so, so bad

It's hard to look right,
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so, so bad

I missed you so bad
And you should know that
So call me, maybe?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Someone hadn't posted anything for over 1 month and chooses this as his return post? Lame indeed.

Seems like a coach who doesn't take himself too seriously is a good thing. It almost as good a video as a team coming out of a hangar like fighter pilots. That would have been impressive.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Someone hadn't posted anything for over 1 month and chooses this as his return post? Lame indeed.

Seems like a coach who doesn't take himself too seriously is a good thing. It almost as good a video as a team coming out of a hangar like fighter pilots. That would have been impressive.
The term "Family fun" doesn't register with the Mudman. Back out "pumping the negatives".

·
Registered
929 Posts
I actually thought for a good 45 seconds it was pretty funny...got a little redundant after that

Muddy..., what else do you expect him to say anyways....
Agree. I thought it was a cool video and pretty funny. The hand motions got a little boring though.

Good stuff.

Reactions: A10fan2

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nothing wrong with this at all...it's the middle of the summer so it gives us something to talk about. Plus I love mascots.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Muddy's back and this is what he adds to the discussion. As the Mudster himself says, lame doesn't begin to describe it. Seems like another timeout is in order for our old friend.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

This embarrassing video has gone national and viral:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Sports - NCAA Basketball Homepage

Mack and Cheese

Xavier's coach lipsyncs popular tune

Xavier's Chris Mack and family perform a parody of Carly Rae Jepsen's
'Call Me Maybe.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was Chris Mack thinking ?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The term "Family fun" doesn't register with the Mudman. Back out "pumping the negatives".
Family fun: pounding the ceiling of the basement telling haggard crackhead grandma to bring more cheese balls, and let him touch her nono place again.

(to be clear NOT about any specific person.

·
Registered
709 Posts
What was Chris Mack thinking ?

I think Mack was thinking he is capable of having a down to earth mentality. something you will never have. He also Has Two daughters who probably like the song so doing it for their benefit alone would justify it.

Thanks for reminding everyone on the board how pathetic and petty you and your comments are.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
So they just have a Blue Bob costume around the house? #50ShadesOfMack

·
Registered
150 Posts
I showed this to my sister who is going to be an incoming freshman at Xavier and she loved it. I thought it was hilarious and this song is my guilty pleasure. Much respect to Chris Mack for not taking himself too seriously, I like that. Of course afterwards though I reminded her who the defending A-10 Champs were. Just a little icing on the cake that is our A-10 Championship. I have made her watch teh game on our dvr a couple time just to point out myself on tv and the final score ;)

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
I love seeing the hot wife in a Xavier shirt. She looks a lot better than in all that Dayton crap Muddy always posts pictures of her in. Granted she hasn't worn Dayton stuff in years, but some people do live in the past.......

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I showed this to my sister who is going to be an incoming freshman at Xavier and she loved it. I thought it was hilarious and this song is my guilty pleasure. Much respect to Chris Mack for not taking himself too seriously, I like that. Of course afterwards though I reminded her who the defending A-10 Champs were. Just a little icing on the cake that is our A-10 Championship. I have made her watch teh game on our dvr a couple time just to point out myself on tv and the final score ;)
She's headed to the right place if you are trying to teach her about A-10 dominance. But that means nothing if you can't get to the Dance and win. That's where the rubber meets the road. I was really happy for Bona, but ecstatic after SLU.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Xavier Coach Chris Mack and his Family Cover 'Call Me Maybe' (Jeff Eisenberg, Yahoo! - July 27, 2012)

I'm sick of them. You're sick of them. Heck, by now even Carly Rae Jepsen is probably sick of them.

And yet, new "Call Me Maybe" parody videos keep rolling in by the day like waves at the seashore.

Xavier coach Chris Mack and his family added their entry to an ever-growing illustrious list that includes everything from the Harvard baseball team, to SMU women's rowing, to USA Swimming.

How many Division I head coaches would do a song-and-dance number to a pop song?

And how many of them would film it and put it on YouTube?

If there's a hidden message to the parody — and like all pop song parodies it isn't subtle — it's that Mack would like recruits to call.

Hopefully prospects interested in Xavier have better taste in music than their potential future coach but they appreciate his enthusiasm nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts