Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is 7-1 300+ can't dunk and is a slob. He will average 0 points a game cuz he will get cut by his team on da first day.

He was also ranked a 6 out of 10 on the athletic scale at Nbadraft.net

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That is rediculous, what do you have against Chris Marcus?

He can dunk, if he had one arm up, it would measure 9 feet at least, which means he would only have to get 12 inches in the air to dunk, IF his arms are only two feet long each. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
where are u getting your info from? You really take nbadraft.net seriously....think about how wrong and off there mocks have been. We'll see next year, marcus is still top notch on my list.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
NBADraft.net is legit, regardless of what you say. Just look at their past mocks. They're always very close.

But NBADraft.net feels like Chris Marcus will be a good NBA player.

Chris couldn't dunk because he was INJURED. Where are you getting this "he's a slob" thing from? He's a very hard-working individual. He also is fairly athletic, and can move in the post. I think he'll easily be one of the better centers in the league, maybe around 13/10/2 a game.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Marcus - Olowokandi

Both were in similar situations. Both are huge and were introduced to the game late in their highschool careers. I don't even know if Marcus played in highschool. Obviously Kandi is more athletic, that's why he was the number 1 pick and Marcus will be a mid to late lotto pick at best. But as Marcus gains experience he'll get better. He's got good touch around the basket and is huge, two things you can't really teach a guy. His footwork will improve, as will his conditioning.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Thing is, his conditioning's great. He works out harder than anybody... except, well, football players :)

He was just injured. I doubt most of you have seen him and how dominant he can be when not injured, like he was last season.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
re:

I really like the "tree trunk", with that said he is a bit of a stiff. But in the NBA he has the ability to be very good. His main knock is he passes out of double teams instead of overpowering them, but in the NBA that's the right thing to do. He's a great rebounder, and he has nice post moves. And "he's not athletic"? HA, he's very agile and when he's healthy he's pretty athletic for 300+ pounds. And his D is good, he has good footwork, and he's a good shot-blocker. If you saw him his junior year (soph of eligibility) you'd know how skilled he is. This past year he was injured all but like 15 games and he came back too early and relapsed. Don't judge him by a performance against Borchardt in the NCAA's first round, that's like comparing an injured McDyess to Vin Baker. He'll be just as effective as 95% of NBA centers when he gets healthy.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Watching Chris Marcus play he reminded me alot of Curtis Borchardt, very agile in the post, and always seems to get himself an open shot. The only thing I would really knock off points for is his tendancy to panick and get rid of the ball when he gets in a jam, sometimes carelessly. I wouldn't put him up with the other centers in the league, but I think we can count on him to make an average at least career in the NBA.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Poise will come

Like I said, he's still learning the game. Of course he'll get nervous sometimes when he's double teamed, who wouldn't in their 4th year of playing the game? That kind of thing will get better with time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Keep in mind that we are talking about a guy that hasn't been playing basketball at a high level for very long. Heck, he went to Western Kentucky because he wasn't highly recruited because of how raw he really was.

Now with that all said, I'm not too terribly sold on him. He's not nearly as good of a prospect as people would like to think. I think the 20-25 range is perfect. He will really have to work on his conditioning and stay healthy in order to become a hotter commodity.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I agree moTIGS, all the things he struggles with are pretty easily solved problems when it comes to the proffesional level, so he is definitly on the right track. But this still doesn't stop scouts from taking away points for certain weaknesses in a player's game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts