Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reported by the Loose Cannons on AM 570. VTB said Mihm done for the year including the Playoffs if the Lakers make it. Hopefully Kwame can keep playing like he has been and Bynum and Turiaf can get some more important minutes.

I wonder if this is going to hurt Mihm's trade value, there are the rumors of the Lakers trying to send a package including him and Cook to Utah for Boozer in the offseason. Of course, they'd have to throw in some other salaries or re-sign those guys to larger deals to match 75% of Boozer's $11.5 mil or whatever he'll make next season.

Hopefully Kwame shows us that Mihm is expendable. If they could possibly pull the above the deal off, I'd feel pretty good about my 4 big guys for the future being C's- Kwame, Bynum & PF's - Boozer, Turiaf. Sign a veteran big man with the MLE and we'd be lookin' alright.

Enough rambling on my part.....

Werd.

·
BIG $$$
7,097 Posts
Yeah right. The Jazz would never do all of these ludricrous rumors everyone has been talking about. One guy said "maybe this could happen?" and 100 other "experts" followed the same thing.

In the last 4 games (when he's been in the starting lineup), he's averaged 23 and 10 (and 4 assists). The only way we'd even think about a deal would be something like Boozer for Odom and Parker.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unluckyseventeen said:
Yeah right. The Jazz would never do all of these ludricrous rumors everyone has been talking about. One guy said "maybe this could happen?" and 100 other "experts" followed the same thing.

In the last 4 games (when he's been in the starting lineup), he's averaged 23 and 10 (and 4 assists). The only way we'd even think about a deal would be something like Boozer for Odom and Parker.

I realize that you are really new here, and you must be lost. Let me redirect you to the Jazz forum. Click on "National Basketball Association", then "Worst Division in Basketball", then "Bunch of crappy EuroTrash White (and not quite black) guys, aka Utah Jazz".

Hope that helps. You can find the rest of your hopeless "still living in the Stockton and Malone glory days, even though they weren't that glorious b/c they still didn't win crap years" Jazz fans over there.

P.S. - You know Boozer wants to come back to LA so that he can live in his house that he rented to Prince, that way Prince can't paint it purple anymore.

Let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out.

Werd.

·
Premium Member
27,243 Posts
Mihm Told He's Out at Least Four More Weeks
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
March 24, 2006

Chris Mihm limped over to the treadmill and gingerly stepped onto it before the belt began to move, ever so slowly, never accelerating past a walk.

The Laker center, sidelined since severely spraining his right foot March 12, has been undergoing therapy and treatment to try to return before the regular season ends April 19.

He was told he was still four to five weeks away from healing, he said Thursday, with the results of a recent MRI exam continuing to linger in his mind. There were no broken bones, but …

"The MRI showed I had pretty much torn everything I could in there without dislocating the ankle," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...976.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get Well Big Texas!!!!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Mihm Told He's Out at Least Four More Weeks
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
March 24, 2006

Chris Mihm limped over to the treadmill and gingerly stepped onto it before the belt began to move, ever so slowly, never accelerating past a walk.

The Laker center, sidelined since severely spraining his right foot March 12, has been undergoing therapy and treatment to try to return before the regular season ends April 19.

He was told he was still four to five weeks away from healing, he said Thursday, with the results of a recent MRI exam continuing to linger in his mind. There were no broken bones, but …

"The MRI showed I had pretty much torn everything I could in there without dislocating the ankle," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...976.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers
Well, 4 weeks is the rest of the regular season. Really hope he makes it back for the play-offs. This might actually not be so bad for three reasons;

1) We will probably get the 8th seed
2) Kwame might get a confidence boost if he knows the team did well w/ him getting a lot of minutes.
3) Chris's shoulder still wasn't 100%, I assume it will be or close to it when he returns.

of course, it could still be disasterous, Kwame could choke the rest of the season, and we might miss the play-offs. Time will tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.