Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Pittsburgh sophomore forward Chris Taft announced Monday on ESPN2's Cold Pizza he would declare for and stay in the NBA draft." ESPN.com

"Unless there is a last-minute change of heart, Pitt sophomore center Chris Taft is expected to announce his intentions to declare for the National Basketball Association draft, a source close to Taft said yesterday. The official announcement is expected to come in the next few days. Taft, 6 feet 10 and 260 pounds, is being projected as a top-15 selection. A few mock drafts have him going as high as the seventh pick, which would guarantee him an average of $2 million a year for his first three seasons in the league. Even if he fell to the middle of the first round, he would average more than $1 million a year for three years." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
I think he will be a lottery pick for sure he is a talented scorer down low.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I already posted this in the declaring thread. Krauser won't get drafted (he might be a late second rounder), because he is already 24 and his game needs a lot of work. I'd be suprised if Taft fell out of the top ten, but it could happen.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Chris Taft is more enigmatic than Charlie V. It will be interesting to see where both of these guys get picked.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IT's official

"Pitt sophomore center Chris Taft said yesterday he will declare for the National Basketball Association draft and his former teammate, junior point guard Carl Krauser, is set to do the same. Pitt coach Jamie Dixon said he was not surprised by Taft's announcement. He had been expecting it for a few weeks. Nor was he surprised that Taft had hired an agent. By hiring New York based agent Billy Ceisler, Taft is no longer eligible to play college basketball." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"Taft could not be reached for comment, but his mother, Tareka, said it was an opportunity that was too difficult to pass up. "It was 50-50 until the last week or so," she said. "We weighed every aspect of it. We talked about it, slept on it. It was a tough decision for us. He didn't want to leave the University of Pittsburgh because the university has been so good for him. But this is something he's been working for since he was a little boy. He feels like he wants to go now. He promised he was going to continue his education." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Where is is head? That is waht I'd really like to know about Taft....

What sort of desire does he have? What sort of work ethic?

Was his inconsistent play more a cause of hid internal motor? or was it more system related?

Because the guy has a TON of talent, if the head & heart are deemed good, then he is a top 3 pick.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I believe that Taft was bad because of the system. He produced when he got touches, but he was used in more of a Carlos Boozer clean-up role, than a focal point on offense. He produced in games in which he got a lot of touches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts