Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in changing the direction of the franchise in a dramatic way would have to consider this deal.

Crawford, Curry, Fizer and Robinson for Chris Webber and Gerald Wallace.

The benefits to Sacramento are obvious. They're arguably the best team in the league already. They've got great chemistry going for them. And Miller has in effect replaced Webber in the starting lineup. The trade also strips a huge contract from their payroll.

The Bulls acquire a full fledged all star, a closer and a killer post presence. They improve their overall athleticism with a new front line comprised of Webber, Wallace and Chandler (presuming he gets and stays healthy). Davis and Williams are now able to fullfill their roles as key backups to what has noe become a deeper, more experienced front line. Pippen, Dupree and Gill would hold down the SG slot until Pax could add a player like Brent Barry over the summer.

Anyone like to see a lineup next season of Hinrich, Barry, Webber, Wallace and Chandler? Sounds like a seriously competitive team to me, especially in the Eastern Conference.

Anyhow, its something to think about.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
WOW, C Blizzy I see no reason why Kings do that. I mean Divac will retire soon and they will still have perhaps the best 4/5 duo in the league in Webber and Miller. This seems REALLY far fetched.

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is an awful trade idea, I'm sorry but wow.

Sac would never trade their franchise player for a backup center and a reserve guard(On Sac they would be), who have both proven that they can't maintain a high level of play consistently. And then trade a player beaming with potential in Gerald Wallace for an underachieving, lazy, overpaid Eddie Robinson and Marcus Fizer who is nothing special......at all.

Sac is tring to win a championship not start over and rebuild.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I'm not so sure Sac wouldn't do it the way they r playing without him.

I'd be worried to go for him cause unlike Sac we'd be completely depending on him and he is Injury prone(understatement)

If we decide to trade our C's at least it should be for a solid guy in turms of IR (no doubt Webber is a great player but not worth thje risk)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.