Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who would you take 2 months ago? Walker or Webber? (Celtic fans don't vote)

• Antoine Walker

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Chris Webber

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • I'm a Celtic fan, and I want to vote.

Votes: 9 15.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm trying to prove to my fellow Celtic board members that 2 months ago most people would take Chris Webber over Antoine Walker.

To show this I've made this poll for my good ol' bbb.net poster to prove me right.

Vote away. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Yes I'm a sucker, and I had to vote on the 3rd option.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I voted for Webber, he was more impressive on the Kings than Walker was on the Hawks. IMO.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Reactions: StephenJackson

·
Registered
90 Posts
As far as performance goes, CWebb, easily.

However, between the bad knees and the horrible contract, I'd have preferred 'Toine over CWebb, easily, even two months ago. Neither seems worth his contract, but 'Toine's expires sooner. Plus, CWebb is what, injured again?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Webber over Walker Career-Wise
Right now... Still Webber...

Sometimes a triple double threat, can affect the game in many aspects other than scoring. Walker though, during his stay in Dallas became kind of a point-forward. But I dont like the idea of volume shooters...

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Antoine Walker is playing 10 miles over his head. I'm just waiting for him to crash and burn.

I'd take Webber over him both two months ago and now.

Reactions: StephenJackson

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Even though Webber hasn't been performing to the max of his abilities, I'd still have to with him. I still believe that he is a better overall player than toine. Still though, you can't hate on toine with the way the celtics have played since they've picked him up. Tough call, but my gut tells me to go with Webber.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
There aren't many players I'd take over Antoine Walker right now. He singlehandedly transformed the Celtics, who were one of the worst teams in the league this season, into the hottest team in the NBA. granted the C's record weren't bad before they obtained walker, but that's the benefit of playing in the league's weakest division. i think wins aside, though, it's easy to see that this is a different team with walker. the players are playing with a lot of confidence and everybody seem to know their role on the team. what a difference he has been. that and he's playing fantastic ball to boot.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
c_dog said:
There aren't many players I'd take over Antoine Walker right now. He singlehandedly transformed the Celtics, who were one of the worst teams in the league this season,
one of the worst teams? they were jockying for playoff position even before they traded for him. They weren't world beaters by any means, but they weren't terrible either.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Antoine Walker is an underrated player that gets hated on becuase of his monster contract. Antoine can do it all, pass, shoot, rebound with success. Webber is a more talented inside player, but walker is a much better shooter. Antoine and Pierce have always been a great du but stupid Ainge had to break them up.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
kg_mvp03-04 said:
Antoine Walker is an underrated player that gets hated on becuase of his monster contract. Antoine can do it all, pass, shoot, rebound with success. Webber is a more talented inside player, but walker is a much better shooter. Antoine and Pierce have always been a great du but stupid Ainge had to break them up.
.426 shooting percentage this year and .415 career. I mean he is 6-9 can't he shoot a higher percentage than a point guard does? 33% for threes is alright but nothing to right home about. Free throws at 54% this year and 64% in his career? :whatever: Just a couple reasons other than his horrible contract why he is overated, not underated.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah...

Walker is an excellent offensive player, and sometimes can handle point-forward responsibilities but there's one problem... He is a volume shooter, meaning his offense doesnt come with the flow of the game. Unlike other great scorers, he needs the ball to dominate (man I love this phrase) which doesnt merit much of people's attention. (Thus, making some claim that he is underrated)

I don't like those type of players. I admit Webber can also fall into that category, with the fact that when the Kings are a better team without him because he takes many opportunities from Peja and Bibby.

But I'd rather have CWebb, who can rebound, pass, score and does things more than Antoine does. Walker does well though on motivating teammates, but as a teammate, I could fall into his example as a volume shooter. :biggrin:

Peace Antoine Walker fanatics...

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I would have taken Webber, he was awesome at the time, triple doubles and game winning shots. Walker wasn't doing anything that impressive down in Atlanta.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
7thwatch said:
one of the worst teams? they were jockying for playoff position even before they traded for him. They weren't world beaters by any means, but they weren't terrible either.
apparently you didn't read my post. i said they were one of the worst teams despite being a playoff team. it's the benefit of playing in the league's most pathetic division. there wasn't a single good teams in that division.

steve kerr(albeit not the most credible writer) agrees with me on this one. he had the C's in the bottom 5 for a couple weeks earlier in the season too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts