Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Yes, please.
Joined
·
16,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follows up 16 points and 19 rebounds last nite with 30 points and 14 rebounds tonite on 10/14 shooting.

Who was it that said he wasn't worth 2 1st rounders?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
I knew when you gave this kid PT, he was going to perform. Now granted, he's playing for a new contract, but still, few players can post those kind of numbers in their entire careers.

He was there for the taking ... for a couple of two or three years ... why no one got off the duff is beyond me. I didn't want to talk him up too much for fear I'd lose credibility, but nothing he's done has surprised. The kid's a good athlete, K-Mart doesn't compare.

I suspect GM Thorn and others thought that LAC got the better of the trade with another very good player in Radman (I think Rod said as much). Problem is, Rod didn't know how good Wilcox was. Now we're getting the first inkling.

Because of his issues with LAC, Chris just wanted out. He was also played out of position and not getting regular PT on an unstable squad. Buried behind Brand, he couldn't show what he could do. Even Rod soured at one performance suggesting that he wasn't even worth a first round pick (one that he knew would be late first round anyway). How wrong everyone is going to prove themselves by the time the FA season rolls around.

FWIW, I've said it before. Both Cpawfan and NetIncome missed the boat on Wilcox. Cpawfan said he wasn't starting material. NetIncome mocked my fascination with Wilcox claiming he was a player that couldn't get off the bench, didn't rebound and couldn't play D. They're are curiously silent now. SEA is plenty fascinated and captivated with Chris Wilcox. Oh, well, the NETS sold Julius Erving for a few pieces of silver.
 

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,889 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
FWIW, I've said it before. Both Cpawfan and NetIncome missed the boat on Wilcox. Cpawfan said he wasn't starting material. NetIncome mocked my fascination with Wilcox claiming he was a player that couldn't get off the bench, didn't rebound and couldn't play D. They're are curiously silent now. SEA is plenty fascinated and captivated with Chris Wilcox. Oh, well, the NETS sold Julius Erving for a few pieces of silver.
Please stop taking posts out of context. Additionally, you've made far too many asine posts to be harping on one topic that you believe you got correct while attempting to call out other posters.

Wilcox has put up big numbers in the past and the question has always been could he do on a consistent basis. And no, he still isn't playing D very well. None of the Bucks big men shot below 70%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,799 Posts
The Sonics organization apparently had serious interest in him when he was drafted. They've been wanting him & eyeing him for a while, luckily they snatched him with Brand & the Clippers having an awesome year.

What's great about Chris, is that the Sonics don't even run plays for him....all his points come from hustle, running the floor, hitting FT's, or being in the right spot to hit a jumper. He & Hill have a good relationship it seems, Hill keeps challenging him and Chris keeps responding. He's most certainly adding to his value.

^^in defense of Chris & his defense, he has 2 clueless 20 yr old centers playing next to him....they are awful defensively. chris can def. improve, but he's not the main culprit of the defensive woes. Ray & Luke continue to get torched by opposing guards, one of the big guys has to help out & it leaves an opposing big open. & Nick is injured, our best defensive big, and that means Mikki "the Clown" Moore has to play & he just sucks period. Earl is the only consistently decent defensive player, and Chris is better defensively than Vlad, so I consider that, at the least, a step up from what we had before.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
Last offseason, I was hesitant to talk up Chris Wilcox too much because not only would it risk credibility, but he'd have been even harder (more costly) to acquire. One conditional pick or a package of chips directly or in a three-way tailored to LAC's liking would've landed him, IMO.

The time to have acquired Chris Wilcox was last off-season. In particular when Wilcox was in the throes of the legal issues swirling about. When LAC was down on both Wilcox and Maggette. SEA never would've offered Radman for Wilcox back then.

Chris' BBIQ was being questioned and everything else about him under the sun. LAC was receptive to moving them (both Wilcox & Maggette). In fact, they'd have been grateful to get their own first round pick back then. Of course, everyone thought the LAC pick'd be lottery then. He was still worth it.

LAC probably would've taken a conditional pick or some other package just to be rid of Wilcox. When the NETS were fooling around with SAR and Swift, the man they needed could've been had on reasonable terms in trade. The NETS' brass were oblivious to it.

Yeah, I know, they tried to get him. Evidently, they didn't try hard enough! Sure, Jason & Co. were courting SAR and Swift (L's nostalgic memories of them when they first came in the league when he was an assistant up at VAN) while the man they should've been courting was sitting on the Clippers' bench unused, unwanted and unloved. [And Jason wants to be a GM? Yeah, an armchair GM. Harrrumph!] He went after the wrong man!

Chris Wilcox is way better than any PF in this draft and possibly in a long time. He is only 23 with years of NBA experience under his belt already. He was a great athlete that had a chance to be special. The risk was low if he didn't pan out. From here on out, read his stats and weep!

From tonights game:

Chris Wilcox, FC 40 10-14 0-0 10-12 4 10 14 0 0 0 2 4 30

Most importantly it was in a winning effort that he was instrumental at. 30pts and 14rebs in 40min tonight following 16 and 19 the night before. Reads like scrub numbers, doesn't it?

Look at the shooting percentages from the field as well as at the line. The guy was an overlooked diamond in the rough that was buried in the sand under some tree in the jungle that is LAC. Why the NETS didn't move I'll never know?

No one pushed harder than I did for Wilcox's acquistion - NOBODY!!! I'm loathe to commit myself, but when I feel strongly about a player, his evaluation and the value he'd bring to a specific club, I get on it.

Besides what I did behind the scenes, on August 25, 2005, I told Joe Netsfan that Chris Wilcox was still available and that "Thorn's got to move on Chris Wilcox." Joe'll verify this.

Joe Netsfan knows how hard I pushed for Wilcox's acquisition last offseason. In fact, in his Backlash #7 - September 7, 2005 mailbag he devoted a column to it entitled The Weight & Wilcox responding to one of my missives encouraging even Joe Netsfan to push the NETS' brass for Wilcox's urgent acqusition.

To his credit, Joe Netsfan went so far as to openly ask the NETS' brass what they felt about acquiring Wilcox on my behalf, to wit:

"If Nets management is reading this, what do you think about Wilcox? It's been strangely quiet this off-season, I guess not suprising given his troubles (what's with the gun)? Would that be an automatic red-flag to stay away from him, regardless of his talent? Let us know."
- Joe

If any of you armchair NETS' fans on this board ever read, you'll have seen it already. If not, you can click the blue hyperlink above in the name of the column heading and scroll down to the Weight & Wilcox heading to find it. Keep reading, because Joe Netsfan responded to more than one of my missives.

Now that I've begun to be vindicated re: Wilcox, this is all I have got to say for wasted efforts and abuse received by some so-called NETS' fans on this board:

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

It's my sincere hope that Chris Wilcox will reconsider re-upping with SEA this summer and help Kidd, Carter & Co. bring a title home to NJ. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath. Alternatively, I dare Rod & Ed to find someone better in this year's draft.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
myELFboy said:
The Sonics organization apparently had serious interest in him when he was drafted. They've been wanting him & eyeing him for a while, luckily they snatched him with Brand & the Clippers having an awesome year.

What's great about Chris, is that the Sonics don't even run plays for him....all his points come from hustle, running the floor, hitting FT's, or being in the right spot to hit a jumper. He & Hill have a good relationship it seems, Hill keeps challenging him and Chris keeps responding. He's most certainly adding to his value.

^^in defense of Chris & his defense, he has 2 clueless 20 yr old centers playing next to him....they are awful defensively. chris can def. improve, but he's not the main culprit of the defensive woes. Ray & Luke continue to get torched by opposing guards, one of the big guys has to help out & it leaves an opposing big open. & Nick is injured, our best defensive big, and that means Mikki "the Clown" Moore has to play & he just sucks period. Earl is the only consistently decent defensive player, and Chris is better defensively than Vlad, so I consider that, at the least, a step up from what we had before.
As a SEA fan who sees it first hand, thanks for vindicating my perceptions of Chris Wilcox and his value and contribution to your team. You've effectively refuted this drivel from, what appears to be a former assistant coach at Cinci, Cpawfan. He's criticisizing Chris' D when you know full well he's playing alongside a rookie front-line on a team with a lot of holes. Most importantly, SEA won tonight because of Chris, period! I don't want to hear Cpawfan's criticisms of his D anymore! Let him go recruit K-Mart!
 

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,889 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
As a SEA fan who sees it first hand, thanks for vindicating my perceptions of Chris Wilcox and his value and contribution to your team. You've effectively refuted this drivel from, what appears to be a former assistant coach at Cinci, Cpawfan. He's criticisizing Chris' D when you know full well he's playing alongside a rookie front-line on a team with a lot of holes. Most importantly, SEA won tonight because of Chris, period! I don't want to hear Cpawfan's criticisms of his D anymore! Let him go recruit K-Mart!
Try reading what he said next time. He never said Wilcox's D wasn't bad, just that it wasn't as bad the others on the team. Essentially, Marc Jackson would look like a defensive wiz on the Sonics front line.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
Incidentally, FWIW, it seems that GM Rod Thorn responded to my urgings by publicly announcing in some article that the NETS'd made considerable efforts to acquire Chris Wilcox over the course of time. I'd like to know what those efforts were?

Maybe, Dave D'Allessandro can enlighten us as to what happened - if he can give it to us straight!

It's one thing to have bad luck. It's another to miss the boat. I think GM Thorn liked Radmanovic better, personally speaking. Whatever the case, I hope the NETS do better this offseason as I won't be wasting too much more of my time trying to improve their fortunes.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
cpawfan said:
Try reading what he said next time. He never said Wilcox's D wasn't bad, just that it wasn't as bad the others on the team. Essentially, Marc Jackson would look like a defensive wiz on the Sonics front line.
Like the guy pointed out, the SEA rookie front-line is porous. Even so, SEA beat MIL handily. If Chris didn't play any D, why did SEA win? When Chris wants to play D, he can play it! The unfair analogy to M-Jax is a gross exaggeration. By those standards, TD doesn't play D.

As for your other comments: :kissmy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,750 Posts
cpawfan said:
:rofl: :laugh: :rotf:

Please keep the comedy coming.
Yao Ming makes George Clooney look like Abraham Lincoln.









...ya, I don't get it either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Last offseason, I was hesitant to talk up Chris Wilcox too much because not only would it risk credibility, but he'd have been even harder (more costly) to acquire. One conditional pick or a package of chips directly or in a three-way tailored to LAC's liking would've landed him, IMO.

The time to have acquired Chris Wilcox was last off-season. In particular when Wilcox was in the throes of the legal issues swirling about. When LAC was down on both Wilcox and Maggette. SEA never would've offered Radman for Wilcox back then.

Chris' BBIQ was being questioned and everything else about him under the sun. LAC was receptive to moving them (both Wilcox & Maggette). In fact, they'd have been grateful to get their own first round pick back then. Of course, everyone thought the LAC pick'd be lottery then. He was still worth it.

LAC probably would've taken a conditional pick or some other package just to be rid of Wilcox. When the NETS were fooling around with SAR and Swift, the man they needed could've been had on reasonable terms in trade. The NETS' brass were oblivious to it.

Yeah, I know, they tried to get him. Evidently, they didn't try hard enough! Sure, Jason & Co. were courting SAR and Swift (L's nostalgic memories of them when they first came in the league when he was an assistant up at VAN) while the man they should've been courting was sitting on the Clippers' bench unused, unwanted and unloved. [And Jason wants to be a GM? Yeah, an armchair GM. Harrrumph!] He went after the wrong man!

Chris Wilcox is way better than any PF in this draft and possibly in a long time. He is only 23 with years of NBA experience under his belt already. He was a great athlete that had a chance to be special. The risk was low if he didn't pan out. From here on out, read his stats and weep!

From tonights game:

Chris Wilcox, FC 40 10-14 0-0 10-12 4 10 14 0 0 0 2 4 30

Most importantly it was in a winning effort that he was instrumental at. 30pts and 14rebs in 40min tonight following 16 and 19 the night before. Reads like scrub numbers, doesn't it?

Look at the shooting percentages from the field as well as at the line. The guy was an overlooked diamond in the rough that was buried in the sand under some tree in the jungle that is LAC. Why the NETS didn't move I'll never know?

No one pushed harder than I did for Wilcox's acquistion - NOBODY!!! I'm loathe to commit myself, but when I feel strongly about a player, his evaluation and the value he'd bring to a specific club, I get on it.

Besides what I did behind the scenes, on August 25, 2005, I told Joe Netsfan that Chris Wilcox was still available and that "Thorn's got to move on Chris Wilcox." Joe'll verify this.

Joe Netsfan knows how hard I pushed for Wilcox's acquisition last offseason. In fact, in his Backlash #7 - September 7, 2005 mailbag he devoted a column to it entitled The Weight & Wilcox responding to one of my missives encouraging even Joe Netsfan to push the NETS' brass for Wilcox's urgent acqusition.

To his credit, Joe Netsfan went so far as to openly ask the NETS' brass what they felt about acquiring Wilcox on my behalf, to wit:

"If Nets management is reading this, what do you think about Wilcox? It's been strangely quiet this off-season, I guess not suprising given his troubles (what's with the gun)? Would that be an automatic red-flag to stay away from him, regardless of his talent? Let us know."
- Joe

If any of you armchair NETS' fans on this board ever read, you'll have seen it already. If not, you can click the blue hyperlink above in the name of the column heading and scroll down to the Weight & Wilcox heading to find it. Keep reading, because Joe Netsfan responded to more than one of my missives.

Now that I've begun to be vindicated re: Wilcox, this is all I have got to say for wasted efforts and abuse received by some so-called NETS' fans on this board:

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

It's my sincere hope that Chris Wilcox will reconsider re-upping with SEA this summer and help Kidd, Carter & Co. bring a title home to NJ. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath. Alternatively, I dare Rod & Ed to find someone better in this year's draft.

yea yea yea.... we GET IT!!! YOU wanted wilcox first... we got ure message..... jezz ure up ure self.. :angel:
 

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,889 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Like the guy pointed out, the SEA rookie front-line is porous. Even so, SEA beat MIL handily. If Chris didn't play any D, why did SEA win? When Chris wants to play D, he can play it! The unfair analogy to M-Jax is a gross exaggeration. By those standards, TD doesn't play D.

As for your other comments: :kissmy:
9 points is handily :confused: When did that happen? It is also important to note that the Bucks were playing with out their 3rd leading scorer and backup PG Mo Williams.

Bogut + Magloire + Joe Smith + Gadzuric = 49 points & 27 rebounds
Wilcox + Swift + Petro + Moore = 40 points & 28 rebounds.

The Sonics won because Ridnour outplayed TJ Ford, Lewis outplayed Simmons and Watson outplayed Charlie Bell. The bottom line is the Sonics won and Wilcox put up very nice stats at the same time. Attempting to read more into it than that is beyond foolish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Last offseason, I was hesitant to talk up Chris Wilcox too much because not only would it risk credibility, but he'd have been even harder (more costly) to acquire. One conditional pick or a package of chips directly or in a three-way tailored to LAC's liking would've landed him, IMO.

The time to have acquired Chris Wilcox was last off-season. In particular when Wilcox was in the throes of the legal issues swirling about. When LAC was down on both Wilcox and Maggette. SEA never would've offered Radman for Wilcox back then.

Chris' BBIQ was being questioned and everything else about him under the sun. LAC was receptive to moving them (both Wilcox & Maggette). In fact, they'd have been grateful to get their own first round pick back then. Of course, everyone thought the LAC pick'd be lottery then. He was still worth it.

LAC probably would've taken a conditional pick or some other package just to be rid of Wilcox. When the NETS were fooling around with SAR and Swift, the man they needed could've been had on reasonable terms in trade. The NETS' brass were oblivious to it.

Yeah, I know, they tried to get him. Evidently, they didn't try hard enough! Sure, Jason & Co. were courting SAR and Swift (L's nostalgic memories of them when they first came in the league when he was an assistant up at VAN) while the man they should've been courting was sitting on the Clippers' bench unused, unwanted and unloved. [And Jason wants to be a GM? Yeah, an armchair GM. Harrrumph!] He went after the wrong man!

Chris Wilcox is way better than any PF in this draft and possibly in a long time. He is only 23 with years of NBA experience under his belt already. He was a great athlete that had a chance to be special. The risk was low if he didn't pan out. From here on out, read his stats and weep!

From tonights game:

Chris Wilcox, FC 40 10-14 0-0 10-12 4 10 14 0 0 0 2 4 30

Most importantly it was in a winning effort that he was instrumental at. 30pts and 14rebs in 40min tonight following 16 and 19 the night before. Reads like scrub numbers, doesn't it?

Look at the shooting percentages from the field as well as at the line. The guy was an overlooked diamond in the rough that was buried in the sand under some tree in the jungle that is LAC. Why the NETS didn't move I'll never know?

No one pushed harder than I did for Wilcox's acquistion - NOBODY!!! I'm loathe to commit myself, but when I feel strongly about a player, his evaluation and the value he'd bring to a specific club, I get on it.

Besides what I did behind the scenes, on August 25, 2005, I told Joe Netsfan that Chris Wilcox was still available and that "Thorn's got to move on Chris Wilcox." Joe'll verify this.

Joe Netsfan knows how hard I pushed for Wilcox's acquisition last offseason. In fact, in his Backlash #7 - September 7, 2005 mailbag he devoted a column to it entitled The Weight & Wilcox responding to one of my missives encouraging even Joe Netsfan to push the NETS' brass for Wilcox's urgent acqusition.

To his credit, Joe Netsfan went so far as to openly ask the NETS' brass what they felt about acquiring Wilcox on my behalf, to wit:

"If Nets management is reading this, what do you think about Wilcox? It's been strangely quiet this off-season, I guess not suprising given his troubles (what's with the gun)? Would that be an automatic red-flag to stay away from him, regardless of his talent? Let us know."
- Joe

If any of you armchair NETS' fans on this board ever read, you'll have seen it already. If not, you can click the blue hyperlink above in the name of the column heading and scroll down to the Weight & Wilcox heading to find it. Keep reading, because Joe Netsfan responded to more than one of my missives.

Now that I've begun to be vindicated re: Wilcox, this is all I have got to say for wasted efforts and abuse received by some so-called NETS' fans on this board:

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

It's my sincere hope that Chris Wilcox will reconsider re-upping with SEA this summer and help Kidd, Carter & Co. bring a title home to NJ. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath. Alternatively, I dare Rod & Ed to find someone better in this year's draft.
You act as though you really are an NBA Scout like your screen name, the nets brass does not listen to any fans on internet forums. I mean come on man, spare us please, you always post something that glorifies yourself, it's juvenile. express your opinion but stop calling out people. Your post is in essence an absurdly long essay about how you were right and the board was wrong. I'd also like to add that this is your own opinion, which is neither right nor wrong. wilcox has been playing well as of late but by no means has he become a top PF or even a good PF like KMart, let's see him sustain this level of play for a long stretch of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,167 Posts
The supposition here is that the Clippers wanted two draft choices for Wilcox. There was no such demand, according to everything I read. The Clips wanted a player in return and they smartly got one in Radmanovic.

The Nets made MULTIPLE attempts to get Wilcox going back to the summer of 2004, when they tried to get him included in the Kittles trade. No go, then. Then they tried to get him in the summer of 2005, then before the trade deadline, etc., etc. No go each time. The Nets didnt have what the Clippers wanted: a player. D'Alessandro, Iannazzone and Kerber all reported that...several times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Incidentally, FWIW, it seems that GM Rod Thorn responded to my urgings by publicly announcing in some article that the NETS'd made considerable efforts to acquire Chris Wilcox over the course of time. I'd like to know what those efforts were?
Yeah, I'm sure Rod hangs on your every word :rolleyes:

Maybe, Dave D'Allessandro can enlighten us as to what happened - if he can give it to us straight!
Widely reported the Nets had nothing the Clippers were interested in.

It's one thing to have bad luck. It's another to miss the boat. I think GM Thorn liked Radmanovic better, personally speaking. Whatever the case, I hope the NETS do better this offseason as I won't be wasting too much more of my time trying to improve their fortunes.
So you're moving on to bigger things- like trying to improve the Knicks?
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Last offseason, I was hesitant to talk up Chris Wilcox too much because not only would it risk credibility, but he'd have been even harder (more costly) to acquire. One conditional pick or a package of chips directly or in a three-way tailored to LAC's liking would've landed him, IMO.

The time to have acquired Chris Wilcox was last off-season. In particular when Wilcox was in the throes of the legal issues swirling about. When LAC was down on both Wilcox and Maggette. SEA never would've offered Radman for Wilcox back then.

Chris' BBIQ was being questioned and everything else about him under the sun. LAC was receptive to moving them (both Wilcox & Maggette). In fact, they'd have been grateful to get their own first round pick back then. Of course, everyone thought the LAC pick'd be lottery then. He was still worth it.

LAC probably would've taken a conditional pick or some other package just to be rid of Wilcox. When the NETS were fooling around with SAR and Swift, the man they needed could've been had on reasonable terms in trade. The NETS' brass were oblivious to it.

Yeah, I know, they tried to get him. Evidently, they didn't try hard enough! Sure, Jason & Co. were courting SAR and Swift (L's nostalgic memories of them when they first came in the league when he was an assistant up at VAN) while the man they should've been courting was sitting on the Clippers' bench unused, unwanted and unloved. [And Jason wants to be a GM? Yeah, an armchair GM. Harrrumph!] He went after the wrong man!

Chris Wilcox is way better than any PF in this draft and possibly in a long time. He is only 23 with years of NBA experience under his belt already. He was a great athlete that had a chance to be special. The risk was low if he didn't pan out. From here on out, read his stats and weep!

From tonights game:

Chris Wilcox, FC 40 10-14 0-0 10-12 4 10 14 0 0 0 2 4 30

Most importantly it was in a winning effort that he was instrumental at. 30pts and 14rebs in 40min tonight following 16 and 19 the night before. Reads like scrub numbers, doesn't it?

Look at the shooting percentages from the field as well as at the line. The guy was an overlooked diamond in the rough that was buried in the sand under some tree in the jungle that is LAC. Why the NETS didn't move I'll never know?

No one pushed harder than I did for Wilcox's acquistion - NOBODY!!! I'm loathe to commit myself, but when I feel strongly about a player, his evaluation and the value he'd bring to a specific club, I get on it.

Besides what I did behind the scenes, on August 25, 2005, I told Joe Netsfan that Chris Wilcox was still available and that "Thorn's got to move on Chris Wilcox." Joe'll verify this.

Joe Netsfan knows how hard I pushed for Wilcox's acquisition last offseason. In fact, in his Backlash #7 - September 7, 2005 mailbag he devoted a column to it entitled The Weight & Wilcox responding to one of my missives encouraging even Joe Netsfan to push the NETS' brass for Wilcox's urgent acqusition.

To his credit, Joe Netsfan went so far as to openly ask the NETS' brass what they felt about acquiring Wilcox on my behalf, to wit:

"If Nets management is reading this, what do you think about Wilcox? It's been strangely quiet this off-season, I guess not suprising given his troubles (what's with the gun)? Would that be an automatic red-flag to stay away from him, regardless of his talent? Let us know."
- Joe

If any of you armchair NETS' fans on this board ever read, you'll have seen it already. If not, you can click the blue hyperlink above in the name of the column heading and scroll down to the Weight & Wilcox heading to find it. Keep reading, because Joe Netsfan responded to more than one of my missives.

Now that I've begun to be vindicated re: Wilcox, this is all I have got to say for wasted efforts and abuse received by some so-called NETS' fans on this board:

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

It's my sincere hope that Chris Wilcox will reconsider re-upping with SEA this summer and help Kidd, Carter & Co. bring a title home to NJ. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath. Alternatively, I dare Rod & Ed to find someone better in this year's draft.
I didn't read this, but it's 2006.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
Put a running/jumping athletic forward on a running team these things are gonna happen:) That's why the Nets wanted him and tried to trade for him 3 times. There were alot of Wilcox supporters on this forum you don't have to go out of yer way to point out the few who didn't come on man. I've seen Wilcox mentoned on here by a lot of posters but none of them are rubbing in that they knew a guy who'd shown flashes of great play when he was a starter would flourish in the right system. While Wilcox has the ability to play for the Nets but Frank has shown that not everybody can play for the Nets. While Chris is doing some really nice stuff for Seattle it doesn't mean the same thing would happen for him in a Nets uni.
While we do run and Chris would strive there, there is alot of differences between the offense our two teams run and there's a better opportunity for him to play in Seattle where he can get 35-40 minutes a game to put up these kind of numbers. Why would he or his agent allow him to leave a situation like that? Even when they get Collison back, Chris has proved he can handle the starting job no way he'd give that up to come here to ride our bench (and no he won't start over Collins as long as Frank is our coach). He's a Sonic now and he probably will be for quite awhile so just let it go.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Is he a RFA? If so... at this rate, I bet the Sonics hope he signs a MLE deal.

They'll lock him down instantly just matching then.

-Petey
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top