Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
23 and 12 tonite makes it 3 straight 20/10 games (that includes a 26/24 game).

Over his past four games, he is averaging 22 ppg (69% FG), 15 rpg, and 3 apg.

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
I have noticed that, he can't be stopped as of late. Seems like the Sonics got the better end of that deal.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,781 Posts
We will see how much this little run costs Seattle. If he can keep it up until the end of the season, Rashard Lewis is toast. There is no way they can afford him, Ray and Rashard with Luke, Swift, and Collins coming up for extensions....at least not after trading for Earl Watson's obscene contract.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
I read an article that said he may opt for a shorter deal to drive his value even higher (max deal).

-Petey

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I was listening to him in post game in the locker room tonight & he was asked the question about free agency & how he feels he fits in Seattle. He provided a Shaun Alexander type answer...hoping Seattle "does the right thing" & wants to keep him. The guy will be expensive, but I think the Sonics are in good position to retain him.

After this season, they should be about $4,900,000 (around that number, a little less...) under $50,000,000, which is where their current payroll is hovering around. Walker has said they plan to have a payroll up to $55,000,000, so they should be able to resign him, bring in some cheap role players, & call it good.

Then in 07, if they choose to keep Danny's expiring contract of around $6,900,000, even if Rashard opts out, they should have plenty to resign or extend him. Of course, they have Luke & Nick up in 07 too, but Shard has said before that he might not opt out if it means losing Luke or Nick. I've also read that the Supes may give him raises or try to extend him this summer, so who knows. I don't see how Luke or Nick are worth more than around $4-5 mil a year anyway.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,781 Posts
I always want to say Wilcox is a poor man's Amare but he is not offensively aggressive like Amare. If his motor is turned on and his mental responsibilities minimized, he can be very effective. He has been increasingly productive with more minutes AND Seattle has been a better team with him getting more minutes. Good combination.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
S-Star said:
Jerome James anyone? Anyone? Jerome James? Anyone? Does anyone know who Jerome James is?
not by a longshot. Jerome made a living off burning the kings from a pick and roll for a series, and isiah blew a load for it. Wilcox has been showing he can play night in and night out against any competition, and as of late has been showing he can create some plays for himself off the dribble. theres absolutely no comparison between these players whatsoever.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Yeah, I think he's done it enough to prove this outburst isn't a fluke. He's got the talent to do this on a regular basis.

There was some talk that he's just doing this for the money, but he seems to actually enjoy basketball (unlike Jerome James, for example). He's talked about taking a short-term deal and earning a longer contract once he's fufilled his potential. Although I guess we'll see about that once he's shown the dollars this offseason.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Since both have been Sonics & I've seen both play, these two shouldn't even be compared. I've seen Chris play in 1/3 less games than Jerome & I can already say with confidence that Chris' basketball IQ is higher than Jerome could ever dream. Chris is a ****ing amazing athlete; he & Ray Allen are spectacular athletes....watching them on the same floor together is a treat.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.