Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...vs/stories/112305dnspomavsbriefs.d41b436.html

Doug Christie experiment might be over.

Owner Mark Cuban said Christie is evaluating his options after having his surgically repaired left ankle re-examined by his doctor in Seattle. Retirement appears to be increasingly likely for Christie.

The Mavericks expect to know something concrete within the next couple of days.

Well, this might be better off for the Mavs. Daniels and Harris needed some more PT, so this frees it up for them.

Stackhouse biding his time: Jerry Stackhouse suffered some swelling again in his right knee and is not expected to practice anytime soon. The slow-to-heal knee bruise is starting to frustrate Stackhouse, he said.

Said Avery Johnson: "We don't have a timetable. I'm concerned, and he's a little concerned. The body has to be able to repair itself. It's just not repairing itself as quick as Stack or the coach wants it to."

Stackhouse can really be a contributor to this team, but as long as Daniels is playing well it should be alright. No sense in rushing him back.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I agree that there is no need to rush stack back, we will need him fresh during our playoff run. BUT I disputed and did not understand the Christe signing when we did it and now he is talking about retiring. WE DON"T NEED DOUG CHRISTIE!!!! WHY DID WE SIGN THIS GUY?!?!?! :curse: plus I never liked him :biggrin:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Christie was definitely a bad investment. He should've given up when the Kings got rid of him. The Mavs are far better off without him.

·
Jeepers
6,391 Posts
Yeah, Christie we may not miss. You can't miss what you never had.

As for Stack, I think we are missing him, even as we pile on W's; but our inability to get to the line is going to hurt us, maybe soon. That's where Stack is most valuable to us. It is wasn't for that, I regard him as a black hole - bogging down an offense that thrives on fluidity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts